It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nukes Are Flying. What Would You Do If Nuclear War Happened?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The 3 minute warning has sounded, the claxtons are blaring. the Emergency Broadcast System is on and you are faced with the worst nightmare ever to hit everyone. Most of us will die, many more of radiation poisoning within hours or days at best.

What would you do in your last minutes prior to the nuclear blasts? Stay at home? pray, run, or drown several stiff drinks?

Me? if it happened during the day at home I would rush to my parents house and spend my last moments with family. If I was at work, I suppose I could make a dash for the underground railway as a form of protection against the blast. But I guess I would have to cower under my table and cry knowing I would die alone.

The reason I ask this is that given the present state of the world at the moment, this could well happen again. Cold War 2 going hot. It is something we should all contemplate.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

If I only had 3 minutes?

Kiss the family, then herd them all into the bathroom, get in the tub with them, and get as flat as I could and hope I am either at ground zero, or far enough away to not feel the blast.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Duck and cover under the coffee table.. As I have taught my kids to duck and cover under their desks in school in case of a volcanic eruption. Volcanoes and nuclear weapons are somewhat similar... even though volcanic eruption make most nuclear explosion look like firecracker.. but volcanic eruption happen much more frequently...

Thank you SouthPark for your great insight and knowledge!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'd get straight on to ats!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Chances are when the nukes start flying it's going to be while I'm separated from my family (worst case scenario) and to me that's a horrible thought, not holding them before the end...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Oh, Oh I know this one. Just like they taught us back in grade school. Hunker down under my wooden desk.

No??

Seriously OP, I'd just duck and cover. If I had a chance get a poncho on, head, face and exposed body coverage (gloves, etc) and if the blast was survived try for the closest location with breathing protection (gas mask.) That's the cop shop a couple blocks away for me.

That done it would be get away from the hot spot ASAP.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Say farewells to my loved ones then put my head between my legs and kiss my arse goodbye.

Trying to survive a nuclear winter..... hmm...no thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What would you do in your last minutes prior to the nuclear blasts?

link   

Me? if it happened during the day at home I would rush to my parents house and spend my last moments with family.

in less than 3 mins with all the roads jammed? good luck with that.

link   
Look up .
And praise the God of Heaven and earth for removing my fear of death.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

As much as I work I'd more than likely be there. Luckily there's a nuclear shelter in the basement(Huntsville,al) so I'd go to our bar, take 5-6 good swigs of whiskey and run to the basement.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Dust off my old catchers mitt and save the world

edit on 2-4-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Nothing, what the bloody hell are you meant to do?

I live in a city, it will be targeted; if it goes tilt, I'm dead.

PS It's 'klaxons'.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Look up and hope that Sky Shield was up and running?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Curse Khan.

KHAAANNN!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Could probably roll a joint in under a minute provided I have everything in front of me, spark up, call my mum and dad quickly and hold my girlfriend until it's all over. Nothing big or anything, just stuff that'll make me happy in my last moments

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would first kiss the significant others, light a big cigar, gather up the animals and sit, hoping that the blast would take all of us out, cause the fall out will be a real killer and ultimately end up messing up everything for thousands of years. Bright note is that the cockroaches will eat well for a while.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'd spend my last minutes with my wife and pray that we both died in the first strike, because I don't think I want to live in a world filled with misery and death being caused by radioactive fallout.

Rev

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
3 minutes? I thought it took 45 minutes for a ICBM to get here from Russia? If it's a sub I thought it took 15 minutes? 3 minutes wouldn't give me enough time to get to my fallout shelter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join