It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quick check on your rights as a US citizen.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I am offering this because too many in this country have no idea about what rights they actually have. I recently watched a segment where Mark Dice asked two dozen college students to name two of the guarantees in the bill of rights and almost all of them failed to do so. America is so shocking in it's current form not because our government makes it so, it's because the majority of it's citizenry is too stupid to understand their own freedoms.

Here is a recently hotly debated video.

The reality of the situation is this. Any of the onlookers there have the legal authority to DECLARE a citizens arrest on the officer for the charge of felonious assault with a deadly weapon with intent to do great bodily harm. It would be legal to use as much force as necessary to make the arrest and any court would uphold that.

The problem is because people are afraid of our ever expanding and bold militarized police force and even though they know they are right and just fail to act because as of now, in this day and at this time in America, they will be shot or beaten to death before they would have their day in court.

It is a vicious cycle 22. People want to act in situations like this but they know they will be shot and any argument contrary to what actually happened will only develop after their death. Losing jobs, paid leave and even kangaroo trials are not enough any more. Citizens need to act when they witness events like these to protect other citizens. I understand everyone can not and I understand why it is so hard because it comes at a huge personal cost potentially but if we don't act when we can, when we see blatant and violent violation of law, what legacy are we leaving our children?

Place them under citizens arrest, very loudly and publicly, use force if absolutely necessary and if you are harmed in the process and live, sue the ever loving dog excrement out of them and use the money to further the cause. Only you can put out forest fires............
edit on 2-4-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

So, how has this "Citizens Arrest" worked for you? Ever tried it?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

AreUKiddingMe
reply to post by Helious

So, how has this "Citizens Arrest" worked for you? Ever tried it?

Twice, worked fine. Never tried it with a cop but that really isn't the point. The point is the law.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

But it IS the point. You're saying to place officers under citizen's arrest. I was wondering if you had ever tried it because you would be charged with assaulting a police officer among many other crimes. Not saying it's right it is just how it works.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

This type of thing will make for very interesting court cases when people start citing the "Stand your ground" perspective. I think this has happened once already if I remember right and the guy was acquitted. Also Indiana recently passed a law "allowing" citizens to protect themselves from the cops.

Of course those cops hate that law.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AreUKiddingMe

If the evidence supports the officer has committed a crime, you are perfectly within your rights to arrest him. You must relent to a sworn peace officer if there is no immediate danger to yourself or another person but you can state your intent of arrest, grounds and cause and push for the action of that arrest as soon as possible. If there is immediate threat, you may act as needed and warranted but keep in mind, this can and may possibly result in serious injury or death.

Police officers are not some type of elite force with special powers. They are citizens of the community they live in sworn to uphold the LAW in their jurisdiction. No more, no less.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Helious

This type of thing will make for very interesting court cases when people start citing the "Stand your ground" perspective. I think this has happened once already if I remember right and the guy was acquitted. Also Indiana recently passed a law "allowing" citizens to protect themselves from the cops.

Of course those cops hate that law.

It is simple ignorance of the law that stops the average person from asserting their authority over corruption. If it is a local cop, video record the transgression, the declaration of the arrest and swear the affidavit to the sheriff. If it is a sheriff or deputy, do the same with the state police. If it is the state police then go to the district DA with the help of a lawyer. If it's the feds, well, GL with that lol.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It will happen soon if they keep pushing. Just like Albuquerque. When the cops get really bad, the citizens will take vengeance against them 100 fold. And it might spread to every city at that point. Sooner or later if they don't smarten up.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Like I said, let me know how it works for you. I personally don't think that's a good route to go. Still waiting to see a link where you have successfully performed a citizen's arrest on a cop. You want someone else to do it but you haven't done it.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

alienreality
It will happen soon if they keep pushing. Just like Albuquerque. When the cops get really bad, the citizens will take vengeance against them 100 fold. And it might spread to every city at that point. Sooner or later if they don't smarten up.

Very true and the reality of the situation is that one county of private citizens could hold an entire states police forces at bay. Nobody wants that, people want stability but the police are not providing that anymore, it has become less about protect and serve and has largely become about grovel and beg.

It needs to change, the mentality, the approach and the training and it needs to change fast.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

AreUKiddingMe
reply to post by Helious

Like I said, let me know how it works for you. I personally don't think that's a good route to go. Still waiting to see a link where you have successfully performed a citizen's arrest on a cop. You want someone else to do it but you haven't done it.

I guarantee you my friend, on my 4 year daughters life, had I been there and witnessed that, I would have taken action. Right or wrong, I would have done so and I'm glad I wasn't there because there is a good chance I wouldn't be around to post this now but for me, I couldn't just watch and let this happen. Perhaps my days are numbered and so be it, I'm a close student of the law and justice and I would not stand dormant in the face of an assault on a helpless women, not now, not ever.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I have a 25-year old daughter and a grandson who I love dearly, she works in the emergency medical field and her husband is a firefighter. Both have seen more carnage than you probably will ever see. I've been around some too. That doesn't change my opinion. You have a bunch of adrenaline-filled cops and an adrenaline-filled crowd. Do I think you would have been the Johnny Rambo on the scene, unlike any of the rest of the crowd? Heck no. They were just as upset.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I have yelled at cops before that were getting out of hand before, and I would do the same thing in the future. And if I was near a cop who was assaulting a woman or girl or anyone, I would pile drive the sob. I would rather die with honor than see someone criminally abused like this and stand by doing nothing.. Not me, not a chance..
I'm glad I am not the only one willing to do our duty against such foul play. Evil must be stood up to and forced back or it advances twice as far ahead as it was.. I suppose we are seeing that every day now though..

PS: I'm thinking that people do in fact stand up to police acting out of bounds a lot more than anyone knows, simply because the MSM won't publish anything that promotes personal liberty. I have seen it happen, but never heard it on the news.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

AreUKiddingMe
reply to post by Helious

What route would you suggest? If you see someone being beaten to death in front of you there are really only two routes: step in and try to stop it or ignore it and walk away. I'd like to think I would try the former route.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I have yelled at cops before that were getting out of hand before, and I would do the same thing in the future. And if I was near a cop who was assaulting a woman or girl or anyone, I would pile drive the sob. I would rather die with honor than see someone criminally abused like this and stand by doing nothing.. Not me, not a chance.. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What a load of crap coming from a phoney name hiding behind a computer screen. You don't know the slightest thing about the code of conduct and the federal statues that give police officers their power to arrest. You are guaranteed absolutely NOTHING by the Bill Of Rights that allows you to assault a police officer.

A citizen arrest can only be made after a person has been deputized by a policeman or fireman in uniform. Federal officers such a game and fish wardens, Forestry officers, boarder guards and of course an FBI agent can deputized citizens however they lack federal power. Firemen deputized 100's of citizens on 9/11 and they made dozens of arrest for looting. Hurricane Katrina saw thousands deputized and 2 people were killed by citizens given the power by Coast Guard Officers.

Even the rank and file ATS'ers would see how cowardly any kind of statement like that is. The Nazi's had a term for it "Mit auf der Flucht" which means 'boasting on the run'

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Citizens arrest was the first thing I thought when I watched the video with the girl getting knocked down.
You know the cop isn't going to submit to citizens arrest. First he will probably hit you too. Is that resisting arrest? then he will walk away, is that fleeing and eluding? more charges added on just like they do.

I don't think its that we don't know our rights as much as it is we don't know the law. And that always works in the LEOs favor.

For instance, IF the LEO had previously instructed the young lady to leave the premises for whatever reason, does she really have too if it is public property? and if she does not is she open to arrest? Obviously being body slammed isn't what I'm saying but if instructed to leave public property is a citizen required?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Its rare to see police officers on their own. Its even more rare to see a lone officer commit these kinds of crimes.

If you're lucky enough to catch a solo officer doing this then arrest his ass, great!

but 90% of the time his fellow officers will not let you do that. You just wont win

it's wrong but its reality

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Police are still humans, whatever training you give them, putting video cameras on police has shown to reduce complaints, I suppose it increases their conciousness.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I did a little looking to see if there is a legal precedent for making a citizen's arrest on a law enforcement officer, and was unable to come up with much other than "even if you can, probably not a good idea." I'd agree with that -- document what you can, report it to their agency, as well as anyone else who might have jurisdiction (sheriff, feds, etc) and then stay out of it.

In that spirit, I spit coffee reading someone's response on Yahoo! Answers, I'm re-posting it here. Enjoy!

Absolutely!!! What a brilliant thing to do! They carry guns and night sticks in menacing ways. They hit people with those night sticks. And they have pepper pray.

Also, the good thing about a citizen's arrest is that you won't have to bring your own handcuffs!!! Just take them off the police officer. And if the officer resists, just take his gun or night stick away and use them on him. I'm sure he won't mind. Why a police officer is the ideal person to arrest, because he has a belt full of great things you can use to arrest him with. Why it's so convenient, you don't even need to plan or even think about it! When the mood strikes you, don't think! Just do it! Grab that cop by the arm, take his gun and use his cuffs to take him in.

And you can use his police car, too. Just put him in the back. With the police car, you can get on the radio and let all the other police officers know what you are doing. That way they might not shoot you dozens of times for kidnapping one of their own. By using the patrol car radio, I'm sure the other officers won't think you are completely and totally insane and blow your brains out (assuming there are some in there). It's also good to let them know so they don't arrest you for kidnapping, assault on a police officer, false imprisonment, stealing a police vehicle, and numerous other felonies for which they would otherwise arrest you.

Good luck. I suspect you may need it. (Source)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
from one of my favorite episodes of the show.

and a little bit longer clip.

edit on 2-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join