It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Obamacare Approval rating

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
There seems to be some buzz going around about Obamacare that show those for/against, split around 50/50. But if you look, you'll see the are other sources showing some different numbers:

Poll from here

Support for the national health care law’s requirement that every American obtain health insurance is down slightly from recent months, as is support for a single-payer health care system. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 40% of Likely U.S. Voters think the federal government should require every American to buy or obtain health insurance. Forty-six percent (46%) oppose this so-called individual mandate. Fourteen percent (14%) are undecided.

Link to article

It seems that Obamacare approval is hovering somewhere around ~40% and apparently, support for Obamacare has been higher than last year, but slowy declining recently:

Support for the individual mandate is down from 44% last month and 42% in January. Still, support for the mandate remains higher than it was all of last year. In December, 58% opposed the requirement.

I guess time will tell whether or not Obamacare will catch on in the long run. But then again, we don't have a choice either way right?

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yes we all do have a choice.
My choice is made and for me my choice is no. I won't sign up and no one in my family will be signing up. It is a fraudulent product.

We always have a choice, but it is up to each person how to live with those choices. I live with a clear conscious. No one can make me participate in Obama-Careless. It is a slow depopulation plan to me..

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Polls are not facts, so by going by that its still too early to figure out how awful or helpful romneycare could be.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

dukeofjive696969...its still too early to figure out how awful or helpful romneycare could be.

I see what you tried to do there.

So I found you this to pour your kool-aid in to.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

I've never believed those 50% support it polls! Where are all these supporters?

I don't know any friends or family who support. Some supported at first, the idea of Obamacare, and changed their minds as they learned more about it, they joined the majority of non-supporters...I don't know anyone on the other two message boards I participate in who support (neither are right-wing, one is business board!).

If there are supporters on ATS, they must be very quiet or few in number, because I don't see them here either. In my experience, the law is almost universally hated.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

My choice is made and for me my choice is no.

They have no emoticon to show me bowing in respect.

You know ... if they made a law that said we all had to jump off a cliff, a lot of folks would hesitate. At this point, I'm fairly sure this law has most of the country defined as law-breakers. Perhaps this is good training for the day they tell everyone it's time to turn in all the firearms, that you can no longer say anything negative about your government, that you're gonna have to allow a few soldiers to move into your spare bedroom, etc.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I support Obama care.... The logic is solid. The only question I have is if it's solvent ( they can break even). The whole concept is that if the government offers a cheap bare bones option to the public, and the insurance companies can't rape us on what they charge or we say screw them and go with the government option. That's the concept and I don't doubt over time it will help. In my opinion the insurance companies are the real problem. For easy math say we spend 100 billion a year on everything in the health care industries. Well if 30 billion are insurance companies profits and they don't actually fill necessary need. Then obviously, off the top were paying 30% more then we should.

IMHO there are just some parts of society that shouldn't be for profit.

Prison system= we should have to spend the money to incarcerate someone. Hopefully, if it costs 40,000 per person per year to jail, you only jail the actual dangers to society. Once there for profit good luck getting a fair trial, they make money if your guilty.

Police fire exc= you can do more good if not worrying about the bottom line.

Healthcare= I don't mean doctors and nurses should do it for free. I mean above the dean of medicine and up. Shareholders who make a profit off of what your charged shouldn't be deciding the price of treatments and they are.

Public education= same as police and fire.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I hope your family isn't lower income. My insurance was free to me.....well I pay taxes for it, but..... So if your family doesn't have health care and you stop the government from giving it to you.... Your crazy!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Over half the country voted for Obama, who ran on Obama care.... So why would 50% be hard to believe?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This "Affordable Care Act" was something the Kennedy's and other presidents had tried to push through many years ago--it ended up in Obama's lap, and he managed to get it through. In our state we had only two choices of providers and none other. Also, if one worked
20 plus hours or more a week, it was required for your employer to provide you with medical. The only thing is that when you only have two providers to choose from, all you could look for year after year was your medical costs increasing at some point. Since our state was heavily unionized, everyone basically had some sort of coverage, and if you didn't have an income, you would be able to get it through some type of government assistance. There are pros and cons to this affordable care act and some states have set there own rules in turn affecting certain individuals. But the bottom line is everyone should be able to have coverage no matter what.
edit on 03/25/14 by NiteMarcher because: correction of spelling and grammer

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

alienreality
It is a fraudulent product.

Could you elaborate? If you’re so passionate about your position, I imagine the reason must be pretty substantiated.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

The logic isn't sound at all. Obamacare is the result of Obama and co trying to please everyone. It is just physically impossible to do that. If the Dems really wanted to overhaul the healthcare industry the RIGHT way, they'd have implemented something that doesn't require Americans to buy health insurance. I know that a solution like that would put the health insurance industry out of business, but so what? America needs to stop coddling our corporations anyways. Back in the day, a corporation lived and died through its own money, success, and mistakes. If there is a problem and the government insists on fixing it, propping up or continuing to support the industry that caused the problem isn't the right way to go about fixing it.

Health insurance costs are STILL going to rise every year. The insurance companies have already said as much. Health care is STILL largely unaffordable. And for the price of insuring one segment of the American population, we just uninsured another segment of the population. Oh, I'm sure that the government will continue to bang this square peg into the round hole, and we will have to live with the law for the time being, but don't fool yourself into thinking that this law is the solution to our problems. Our health care problems have only gotten worse.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Recent reports say that 6 million have signed up. That's is not nearly enough to sustain this program.

This number also represents a weak % of those that voted for Obama. In short we don't have anything near 50% of the population evolved in this program.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

Obamacare is nothing but a tax to promote wealth redistribution.

More people need to wake up.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Where I am from, we arrest people for doing what Obama is doing.

Knowingly Selling Fake/False Insurance.

But, we don't want to crash Obama's dreamworld now do we?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Too true, but Obama and co arnt the only blame. Obamas people wanted a single payer option. That's where there's a bare bones policy paid for by tax dollars for anyone who can't afford a Cadillac plan. What we got was a mix of that and the GOP insisting that instead we pay insurance companies to do it for profit. Rather than the government doing it to break even.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Too true, but Obama and co arnt the only blame. Obamas people wanted a single payer option. That's where there's a bare bones policy paid for by tax dollars for anyone who can't afford a Cadillac plan. What we got was a mix of that and the GOP insisting that instead we pay insurance companies to do it for profit. Rather than the government doing it to break even.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It's not fake insurance I have it and have used it a dozen times.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

You used Obamacare already and repeatedly?

Dam.... Sorry to hear that.

If you could, could you please send me your info so I may examine it.

I am very interested in the payments and billing.

U2U me please!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Sorry to hear that????? It's prob saved me 800$ this year!!! Lol.... Even works on my testosterone shots! Lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join