It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Obamacare Approval rating

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
First and foremost, if Obamacare is so great then why aren't Congress and the President using it? Why are some businesses, municipalities, Govt. departments exempt? It's a turd and they know it.

My personal situation has declined substantially since this has been introduced. My wife and I both have insurance through our work, however, to add my 2-year-old daughter to either of our plans would costs us over $1000/month. Why? Because small to medium-sized businesses have had to adjust their plans due to cost and now aren't offering affordable coverage for dependents. I was even advised by our HR department that many people out here are getting around the costs by separating and claiming their own incomes to try and get the subsidies through the exchange.

So I've had to go out and find insurance on my own for her....yep, it still runs around $600-700/month for a 2-year-old with no pre-existing conditions and a crappy plan. I'm absolutely furious over this nonsense and I can't wait to vote in the Fall against anyone who supported this.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

Because they pay for better policies.... Or at least we pay for better policies for them. Obama care is great for any lower income people and I don't mean welfare queens. Like 30% of the population lives off less then 30k a years hole working 40+ hours a week. That's who it'll help.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

If your jobs didn't offer insurance then yours would prob be free. IMHO it's the insurance companies in the wrong.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

The people who don't have money get government funds.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Dude it's the most common of knowledge the left wanted single payer.

Your Sarah palans and such started screaming death panels. So the dems backed off and offered the stupid mix we got. I still Think it's better then what we had. But as long as insurance companies working to profit off of our sickness are involved. It'll always be jacked up.
edit on 2-4-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by kx12x

Obamacare is nothing but a tax to promote wealth redistribution.

More people need to wake up.

You are right it does promote wealth redistribution. It takes even more money from the middle class and poor and gives it to the wealthy that owns the insurance companies. You can't say it is taking from the wealthy because it isn't single payer.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

wills120
First and foremost, if Obamacare is so great then why aren't Congress and the President using it? Why are some businesses, municipalities, Govt. departments exempt? It's a turd and they know it.

Many members of congress and the president has signed up.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

ArtemisE

If your jobs didn't offer insurance then yours would prob be free. IMHO it's the insurance companies in the wrong.

The insurance companies have to comply with the PPACA law and regulations.

AND, they are limited to 80%-85% profit margins by the law as well.

If they "overcharge", they must refund specific amounts to the policy holders.

Plus they pay a "premium tax" by law.

Medical Loss Ratio Requirements Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

MLR rule symbolic at best, sure to drive out innovation

Can you explain all this in detail ?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by _Del_

Your Sarah palans and such started screaming death panels. So the dems backed off and offered the stupid mix we got. I still Think it's better then what we had. But as long as insurance companies working to profit off of our sickness are involved. It'll always be jacked up.
edit on 2-4-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

Convenient excuse.

If the "Left" wanted single-payer, they would have passed it.

They had all the necessary votes.

They passed exactly what they wanted to pass.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by anon72

It's not fake insurance I have it and have used it a dozen times.

You've used your medical insurance a dozen times since January?

I think I'm beginning to see the problem here ...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

bull.

i can't get on government assistance, because i live with my parents (because i lost my job), and the household income is WAY above the poverty line....

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

If your household income is way above the poverty line, then you don't need gov't assistance... If you lived on your own, you would.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by _Del_

Then they should have passed it. They clearly had the votes. They didn't need a single Republican vote.

Your Sarah palans and such started screaming death panels.

Uhmm, about this law. I'm sure she would have screeched about a single-payer system, too, but any screeching was about this law.

So the dems backed off and offered the stupid mix we got. I still Think it's better then what we had. But as long as insurance companies working to profit off of our sickness are involved. It'll always be jacked up.

Well, I think both parties would have sold out to the insurance companies, just like this. But to blame the GOP for Obamacare when you rammed a law through without any oversight when you didn't need a single GOP vote is the best sort of propaganda. I wish I had your job.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dude it's the insurance companies that screwed up the while system to need a fix.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

If your over 18 it doesn't matter who you live with y'all's finances are seperate.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

ArtemisE

How is that? I've worked plenty of places that didn't have healthcare benefits. I've never worked anywhere that had free healthcare benefits to me and my dependents and I've certainly never had free benefits from the Govt. even when I was making $21K/year. Because of Obamacare they will soon have to provide coverage to any full-time employees - and that's the problem. Companies are already starting to move full-time workers to part-time hours to get around this.

Of course, if you believe Nancy Piglosi it will free up more time for you to spend on your hobbies....right after you finish your squirrel dinner and parking your van down by the river.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

buster2010

wills120

Many members of congress and the president has signed up.

Signing up is not the same thing as using it...that's just political grandstanding. Frankly, not even the stupidest of politicians would use the bloated Obamacare exchanges to obtain real coverage when the Govt. already pays 72% of the FEHB coverage they are eligible for.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by xuenchen

Dude it's the insurance companies that screwed up the while system to need a fix.

Possibly.

But can you show us all the genuine facts and figures ?

Can you show how the overall general economy will be affected ?

Back-up is paramount in these trying times that are affecting millions of people and how they spend their money.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Benevolent Heretic

If your household income is way above the poverty line, then you don't need gov't assistance... If you lived on your own, you would.

whether i need it or not, i wouldn't WANT it....it's not the roll of government to feed, clothe, and house all the citizens...it's the roll of government to stay the hell out of the way, and let us do it for ourselves...

that said, i don't have a job, i'm having a hell of a time FINDING a job, so i have no income at the moment....and that's obviously a problem, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

ArtemisE

If your over 18 it doesn't matter who you live with y'all's finances are seperate.

ORLY?

have you ever tried?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join