It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Us Kill Some Members Here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

FutureThinker
We should leave the Members alone.

The first person to reply to your thread has a Cool screen name,
please read it, maybe you'll get an idea from it.

Have a nice evening

Peace
edit on 4/1/2014 by FutureThinker because: (no reason given)

But my point was WHAT IF someone had made that cool screen name up 10 years ago never posted never came back do they deserve to keep it or do we add 2.0 to the end of some new names .

you get the idea with a user name like futureThinker what do you see happening 5 years down the line

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by Ahabstar

I vote for keeping the names as they are. I wouldn't want anyone fiddling with my account if I were considering coming back.

arnie i think by now we all you you will be back

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

i wish i could star that

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
what's up with the join date, anyway? speaking of.

no idea how to read it.

is that some mayan calender or something? like a kelvin scale?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Zaphod58
It would create too much confusion once a new member took that user name.

Bingo we have a winner this is the simplest of truth people and right on the money. Also what is up with this tread title looking for attention or what.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Is it THAT hard to come up with a new name??

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

SubTruth

Zaphod58
It would create too much confusion once a new member took that user name.

Bingo we have a winner this is the simplest of truth people and right on the money. Also what is up with this tread title looking for attention or what.

HA HA it got you're attention and that was the point of it to ask members what they think ?

and don't forget it is APRIL FOOLS DAY

i was going to go for a title like a burning question but the t&c would nail me

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

signalfire

Actually it was i spent ages trying to get one i liked and nothing came up i was just thinking of the new people visiting who cannot get a name should we add 2.0 to the old ones that are defunct

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

Go to your profile settings page, in the date display format box delete anything written there. replace it with just a lowercase r
That should make it readable

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

All right that explanation is good enough for me. I love April fools........My wife,pets,co workers,family,neighbors,strangers I meet on that day not so much.....Hmm.

Also I will give ya a flag for making me smile.
edit on 1-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

tsingtao
what's up with the join date, anyway? speaking of.

no idea how to read it.

is that some mayan calender or something? like a kelvin scale?

not sure if you mean my join date or those defunct members who have not been here since 1969 or is that a eagles HOTEL CALIFORNIA inside joke .

i was merely trying to point out to members here the members with 0-0-0 -0 should they face the ax

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

999zxcv

signalfire

Actually it was i spent ages trying to get one i liked and nothing came up i was just thinking of the new people visiting who cannot get a name should we add 2.0 to the old ones that are defunct

Well you could. I'm signalfire damn near everywhere I go except a few places where I tried to use the name and it was 'already taken' so I ended up being signalfire1 or signalfire6. Turns out it was me that had already signed in another time and I'd forgotten all about it, or there was a glitch in their system and it didn't recognize me when I put in a password or email address.

I wanted to keep my name the same across the internet, just to be nice to those National Security State people, who have their hands full already protecting the Pentagon from getting bombed again with a *cough-cough* commercial airliner and stuff, even with an hour and a half's notice. I mean, if the world's most destructive and technologically advanced military can't keep track of four hijacked airplanes, I figure I shouldn't tax their systems by using different avatar names, y'know?

But I digress. Please proceed, guvna.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

As the other poster said it could cause problems using the same name. I am sure you get that.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by 999zxcv

All right that explanation is good enough for me. I love April fools........My wife,pets,co workers,family,neighbors,strangers I meet on that day not so much.....Hmm.

Also I will give ya a flag for making me smile.

thank you sir for my first flag here is one for you

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

You are welcome right back. Also funny video.......It fit.....Alright for some reason you have me almost rolling on the floor now.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Ahabstar

Besides, just like Motel 6 we leave the light on for them. Sometimes people do return from long absences.

ha! I just wonder if it is the same Motel 6 that took a booking and then didn't allow the Guest to stay... light was on but he was not allowed in. Bastards!

Motel 6

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Thurisaz

Ahabstar

Besides, just like Motel 6 we leave the light on for them. Sometimes people do return from long absences.

ha! I just wonder if it is the same Motel 6 that took a booking and then didn't allow the Guest to stay... light was on but he was not allowed in. Bastards!

Motel 6

more like this hotel where you can check out and never leave 1 969 some who checked in have not been seen since maybe they are GIMP'S in the ats cellar

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
ITS MADE OF MEMBERS!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Danbones
ITS MADE OF MEMBERS!

wn.com...

mmmaaa taste the ats goodness in that food

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

999zxcv
That title got you're attention i bet

But it is a serious question about user names here at a.t.s or lack of them as the case maybe

when i joined i struggled to find one that i liked as many have been taken by people who register and never come back or post .

So my question is folks should we kill those people off just like missing people in the real world are after a certain time if someone has never logged in for 3/5/7 + years why keep the account open for them .

Less than 50 posts and not been back for X amount of time would free up names for new members

so what say you ats what do you think

Says the person with Adolf Eric Cartman as his pic. So us few here here will just decide which of our ATS brothers and sisters we will just close ranks on and cast aside to the wolves in cyber space.
Let it be known here that I Playerone01 will not stand for such tyranny and treachery against my brothers and sisters in their darkest hour.
I will climb to the very top of Mount Olympus itself and seek council with the....
what were we talking about again

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join