It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Us Kill Some Members Here

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
If we did this, ats would havo to admit to the fact that most of the membership is inactive.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by 999zxcv

I was once gone for something like a year, or more. Sometimes real life gets in the way, but eventually they are able to come back. Whether they have less than 20 posts, or more than 5,000 they shouldn't have to start over again.

I agree with this because it happened to me.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Just because there are accounts not which are not posting, it does not mean it is not being used. I myself only ever actually post every 6-12 months. It does not mean I am not reading through everything regularly.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Gear
Just because there are accounts not which are not posting, it does not mean it is not being used. I myself only ever actually post every 6-12 months. It does not mean I am not reading through everything regularly.

you have posted 778 times in 10 years which means that you have made a impact at this site 778 times but some have never taken part in any debate never posted and have a score card of 0- 0-0-0 when you look at the stat's .

Banks grab inactive accounts -cell phones that are not used for a certain time are turned off and people are declared dead after x amount off time .

Should ats clear away Kill off some inactive accounts so that new members can get a decent user name from someone who has never posted

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well as death goes i do not fear it and in fact would not really care.
Yes I have a wife and grandchildren,
but Im sick of taking medication for the pain for the last 6 months i need constant hot water bottles because any change in termpeture causes extreme pain.

I have worked all my life and had a bad industrial accident, then I got type 1 diabetes in 2008 and already blind in one eye my other eye is affected because of diabetes.

Im not depressed or anything, but look at it this way, I was lucky enough to remain healthy till my children were grown up.

I have had a good life, and would say in the present time could last another 10 years.

My goal was to get through to the world cup in June and Im going to love this and savor every minute.

My only regret was doing a dangerous job that I did, if i knew at the time how i would eventually be called scum, layabout, scrounger etc by the media and government I would have done a safe job behind a desk.

NONE of my Children do dangerous jobs I made sure of that, so if there are not enough houses you can all live in caves for all I care,

Anyway, i have treated people decent and always done what I thought was right.

I have been there and know what awaits me although doctors say its your imagination ( aye right) I know thats all thats important.

So Im not afraid I just hope i go in my sleep.

When you put your Christamas decorations away, Just think I only do this 100 times max and Im dead, life is not long so enjoy it while you have your health.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Would prefer it if they just killed some all-caps headlines around here.

Yes...that would be much better.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
relax relax...its just demoracy in action
two wolves and a sheep
voting on what to have for dinner

and i forgot my spoon

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

mmirror

Zaphod58
reply to post by 999zxcv

I was once gone for something like a year, or more. Sometimes real life gets in the way, but eventually they are able to come back. Whether they have less than 20 posts, or more than 5,000 they shouldn't have to start over again.

I agree with this because it happened to me.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to little old me which is my point you did reply to me and have a score that makes you a member of Ats .

But the people who make accounts and never make 1 one post should we keep the lite on for them after [ 2/3/5/7/9//11/] years

A.T.S.. what do you say

edit on 1-4-2014 by 999zxcv because: i am hammered

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by Ahabstar

I vote for keeping the names as they are. I wouldn't want anyone fiddling with my account if I were considering coming back.

arnie i think by now we all you you will be back

JESUS only came back from the dead 1 time i can better that

i think i will go and write a bible now [ that is my bible code for getting another bottle of Glenfiddich ]

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

LET US KILL SOME MEMBER'S HERE
Some of the members with old accounts do not have their passwords,or better said the password requests do not work because accounts can be deactivated without that member being banned....so on,many things and many reasons.

Some IP's are blocked for several reasons and independent of ATS.

And if you'll do that you may kill some lurkers,and you never know who or what is lurking here.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
i got a one liner.

Lurkers.

They have been on for numerous years reading, yet not ready to post.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

luciddream
i got a one liner.

Lurkers.

They have been on for numerous years reading, yet not ready to post.

but they do not log in how can they lurke let the name go and let somebody use it

and thank you for replying to this thread luciddream which the lurker's never do

it is like a thread a member made that he was sick of work it has 5 + pages 40 star's and he has not replied to one person ?

use it or lose it simple

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

HeavenlyAngel

LET US KILL SOME MEMBER'S HERE
Some of the members with old accounts do not have their passwords,or better said the password requests do not work because accounts can be deactivated without that member being banned....so on,many things and many reasons.

Some IP's are blocked for several reasons and independent of ATS.

And if you'll do that you may kill some lurkers,and you never know who or what is lurking here.

i made loads of accounts in 2005 and never posted but i tied up some names that would be better used by the community i can no longer remember the e-mails back then so let them go to the new generation who is to come add 2.0 at the end be it like phone numbers in a area code .

that is all i was asking ats in a joke but a serious joke it is 4/1 at the end of the day [ burn them i say ]

here is more fun look for the numbers www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If we were to "Kill members accounts" etc.

What is next?

Will we be able to kill off members because they make dumb/stupid posts in the Board Business & Questions section?

To add. people get sick, move/travel/other commitments etc.

Myself had been pretty much inactive for over a year. This is not my main focus in life, sadly to say.

So, Make the most of it instead. When you get your site up and running, let us know.

edit on 4/1/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

999zxcv
So my question is folks should we kill those people off just like missing people in the real world are after a certain time if someone has never logged in for 3/5/7 + years why keep the account open for them .

Less than 50 posts and not been back for X amount of time would free up names for new members

It isn't going to happen for two reasons:

1) ATS does not ban members simply because they haven't posted

and...

2) There is an infinite number of possibilities for usernames.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

i made loads of accounts in 2005 and never posted but i tied up some names that would be better used by the community i can no longer remember the e-mails back then so let them go to the new generation who is to come add 2.0 at the end be it like phone numbers in a area code .
This why in the T&C it is stipulated one account per membership,even for staff,"because this way if you will concentrate your energy in one point,that point may glow in the dark-ness."

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Many sign up to read, not to post.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

That would be me. I have registered a few years ago and am STILL reading, studying, soaking up information. I'm quite fascinated to read posts from so many people with the same views as I and so many with completely different perspectives. You know, it really takes a long time to read everything! I have very little time for ATS but, when the kids and Mom are asleep and the house is quiet...I may get an hour, just for me, to read and study. I not only read the posts but follow the links and they sometimes take me here and there and everywhere and I come away feeling enlightened and that I have selfishly done something for me...It feels good. I visit when there is time and I am very quiet and reserved by nature so, someday when something strikes me as important enough to comment on or i feel I can contribute something that the members (who are much smarter and quicker than I) haven't thought of...maybe then I will participate from the front row...

As far as screen names go, mine was picked for me years ago by an old friend who was chronologically old and a very wise man. I studied music and sound. I had learned to mimic sounds of people and animals over the years that were quite spot on. He used to say "Ahhh, there's my little Mockingbird, what will you share today?". I asked him once about it and he said, "it is not only that you can mimic those around you but, I want you to read about Darwin's trip to the Galapagos. The finches got all of the attention!" He was encouraging me to read and study. I live in Tennessee now so...anyway, "I am prepared to die but, there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill"-Gandhi
Peace!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thank Gawd the title CAPs has been changed... I was worried and considered I may have to pull out this widdle pic:

especially as the title had the word in caps lock KILL...

sheesh

lol

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Skyfloating
Many sign up to read, not to post.

Yeah the "unlogged" ATS page looks bad for reading. Sometimes i have to log into my friends computer to actually read ATS comfortably.

Sadly my friend is still "plugged in to the system", if he finds out i ATS, he would probably think im a stereotypical conspiracy nut(tho i am skeptic most of the time).

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join