It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Teens Reportedly Smoking Coffee for the Caffeine High

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Rolling coffee up into "caffeine sticks" and smoking it is a hot new trend, and it's turning America's teens into "bean-heads," according to one specious local news report.

According to Las Vegas ABC affiliate KTNV and one unnamed, seemingly random old man they interviewed, coffee-smoking is "going viral" with teens, who learn how to do it from websites that apparently popping up like weeds.

Shockingly—shockingly!—some of the top search results for ways to build a makeshift coffee crack pipe are obvious satire.

But teens smoke the darndest things, so it's also not surprising that some of them are actually doing this.

Kids Smoking Coffee

I read this earlier and just had to make a thread on it, as Coffee is one of the most dangerous drugs known to man and needs ot be banned immediately...

So everyone just dump your coffee supplies, in order of how expensive it is, in my yard and all will be taken care of as I dispose of it in the only humane way known to man, making pot after pot and drinking it...... with creme and sugar...

oh and maybe a biscotti....

or a muffin

or a scone...

or even some pancakes...... french toast..........

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Well, this is such a widespread threat to the safety of the state's future conscripted labor force that it can't be tolerated.

We are just going to have to do door-to-door raids on everyone just to make sure that everyone is safe.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Whaaaaaa?

About twenty years ago or so during the old college days, there was an idiot that didn't smoke tobacco. [snip]he would grab a can of Folgers and some Zig-Zags.

Yeah he was an idiot. He said it tasted like barbeque chicken...

edit on 31-3-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
My vote is: let them do it. If it kills them, then we've saved ourselves the trouble of compensating for their genetic pollution in the societal pool. If they survive, they'll hopefully be part of the movement discouraging future coffee-smokers.

But knowing our species, probably not.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Years ago back in school there was this one kid who would bum a friend of mine daily for a cigarette. My friend didn't smoke but his dad rolled his own cigarettes so this kid always wanted him to roll him a cigarette. Every morning this would go on and my friend didn't know how to say no. I told him I would handle it so when I was at his house I rolled the kid a cigarette out of a tea bag. The next morning he lit it up. After he stopped choking he never asked again.

Looks like he may have moved on to smoking coffee.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by vkey08

Well, this is such a widespread threat to the safety of the state's future conscripted labor force that it can't be tolerated.

We are just going to have to do door-to-door raids on everyone just to make sure that everyone is safe.

HEAR HEAR!!!! And then it all gets put in my basement for uh... consum.....erm disposal. yeah.... disposal

From the office of the ATS Czar of Coffee and Caffeinated Beverages..

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't see why people get so bent out of shape over this. How do you think smoking tobacco was invented. Or even, suppositories! There wasn't any books describing how to shove active chemicals up our bums. Trial and error.

While smoking coffee may not be the social norm, it's certainly within the realm of normal human behaviours.

If it is a bad delivery method for caffeine, or just bad form of consumption in general, it will not be long lived.
edit on 31-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

boncho
I don't see why people get so bent out of shape over this. How do you think smoking tobacco was invented. Or even, suppositories! There wasn't any books describing how to shove active chemicals up our bums. Trial and error.

While smoking coffee may not be the social norm, it's certainly within the realm of normal human behaviours.

I'm not bent out of shape... I just want all the coffee.. there's a major difference

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEEHEHEHHEHEEHHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHE

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Well, you did call them 'stupid'. Can't we just say 'inquisitive'?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Well its better than the coffee enemas the rich were doing....

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Another ridiculous Side effect of the war on drugs
edit on 31-3-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

and BS socialnewsdaily.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

How do you think smoking tobacco was invented. Or even, suppositories!

Smoking tobacco is bad but smoking suppositories is a whole new ball game ...just say no !

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

That's ridiculous. Everyone knows snorting lines of coffee lasts longer.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I hope Darwin awards are being handed out for this!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I hope Darwin awards are being handed out for this!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This isn't new. I heard of people doing this in the early eighties. Anyways, now the gov will need to impose a higher tax on coffee to "educate" people, then, stores will need to keep it in a locked case with the shaving razors, canned air and Sudafed.

People are gonna get high. It cannot be stopped. It has been going on since the beginning. I mean, people pick mushrooms out of cow turds and eat them.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Buzz seeking Kids may break into your house and steal your coffee if you get piles of it.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Fylgje
This isn't new. I heard of people doing this in the early eighties. Anyways, now the gov will need to impose a higher tax on coffee to "educate" people, then, stores will need to keep it in a locked case with the shaving razors, canned air and Sudafed.

People are gonna get high. It cannot be stopped. It has been going on since the beginning. I mean, people pick mushrooms out of cow turds and eat them.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

If you buy coffee...rfid chips are already installed in the seal.
I get the stealing/stocking factor, but damn....
"Nothing feels like waking up,
To big brother in your cup"

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

haven123
Another ridiculous Side effect of the war on drugs

and BS socialnewsdaily.com...

Did you not read my commentary? Do you not get that I find this humorous? I don't care if it's BS or not, I want all that coffee

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

rickymouse
reply to post by vkey08

Buzz seeking Kids may break into your house and steal your coffee if you get piles of it.

Larf!
Slow news days breed this nonsense.
Remember the "space monkey" game craze. That was just a couple of teens passing out for a slight buzz and it became as evil as Dungeons and Dragons, Rap music, metal music, video game violence and everything else rolled into one...dont blame mental illness that preceded these things and parents that turned a blind eye or worse tried to pray the (whatever) away.

We should teach moderation in any mind altering substance and educate truthfully what the risks and rewards are. And for f#ing sake! Dont smoke coffee!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join