It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60 minutes video on how the stock market is rigged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

This is just sick you can't make this stuff up.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
A 60 minute video?

I'd say orchestrating wars to generate profits is the obvious one.

Wars boost slumping economies especially the metal industry and also as a bump to a slumping economy.
Then profut generated through rebuilding and securing building contracts.

Profit generated from immigrants that have not only been forced to flee their homes but also their home land.

Stock markets are influenced massively also through war.

I wrote a couple of threads here on ATS that may be of interest to you.

Anaconda Copper ( and those connectwd to it still to this day)

Turner Construction.........I wrotw this regarding 911

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Heres another link if the original don't work.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

It's not really 'rigged' it's more of a elaborate pyramid scheme. My friend who is a day trader has worked his way up from just playing dividends, to penny stocks, and now trades in the markets of about 3-6 dollars. He did all this on his own money from his own business which isn't public, nor makes 6 figures. BUT, since he works from home he can do this, and he spends a lot of time doing it. The problem is, without him making large amounts of income he will never see himself in the market for owning 5-10+% of a company's shares. That's where things get a little strange, unless you won the lottery.
It's a place where rich guys like to boast and gamble their large amounts of money, control company's, and call the shots.
A good example I heard my buddy say to describe it was. If there was a rich guy who went into a grocery store, and bought every piece of meat, he could technically sell that meat for 1 dollar more back to the people looking for meat in that market, turning a profit. What ever is left he can go some where else, or trade for better goods. It's a glorified grocery store!

So, is it really rigged? Hard to say, when you get into the top contenders, it sure does seem like it. But it's not impossible to get there. Edit: Forgot to add, going back to what my friend does he spends a lot of time HIMSELF doing this. I am sure if he had the money he can afford high speed transactions.
edit on 31-3-2014 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Simple solution:

Tax the traders at a higher rate for short term ownership.

i.e. Stocks bought and then sold in less than a week, profit gets taxed at 50%. If held just a month, 40%, less than 6 months, 30%, etc.

That will level the playing field a little.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Did anyone actually bother to watch the video! The system has been rigged electronically in favor of the big boys who built the ifrastructure. It allows them to know how much stock someone else is buying and get there before they do and raise the price. Please watch the video! It is not about day traders, who make small profits. It is about the people who built the system to game the system that they built.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The market is certainly manipulated. Market makers have an extra level of information regarding the markets and I wouldn't be surprised if they have these capabilities. Apparently they're necessary for maintaining the flow of the markets though. Perhaps these 'insider traders' have just been given the same information as market makers, which would be illegal.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well knowing this now I won't ever use any other stock exchange. And I will be buying their stock tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I can't believe this comes to a surprise to anyone. I got out in 07 mainly because the damn short sellers are the only ones making money gambling with the free green provided by the FED.

sicking.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
As long as what they are doing is not written down as being illegal and fully enforced, people will continue to do it. Regulation was what used to keep people from over overleveraging

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Stock market isn't rigged. The Feds are the riggers. They can make it go up or down, depending if they want to lower or increase the interest rates.
edit on 19-4-2014 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join