It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Released Tens of Thousands of Illegal Immigrant Criminals 68,000 back into USA!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

neo96

Okay.... So.... what does one say to this?

That Obama and his party will do anything for a vote.

Because that is what it is all about.

Seriously.

Do you have any evidence or anything vaguely resembling evidence to back up this claim?

The assertions of the article have been clearly demonstrated to be questionable.

Yet, you take it as gospel and then leap to the absurd conclusion that these people will be voting Democratic.

Please demonstrate any real evidence that is true.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Remember...once upon a time...not that long ago...

We had a nation built on law and the general respect for law. When law didn't work? We changed it. If laws couldn't be changed, it was accepted that those trying to change them were against the rightful feelings of the population and hence..as the system was designed, the laws couldn't change like that.

Ahh..but for the old days..

Now we just ignore whatever laws aren't fun to pay attention to and carry on like we can make it up as we go.

Times change..Oh my..do they ever change.

How long ago I wonder? Pre-2008? Pre-2001? How far back 'til we find the "good ol' days"

What laws are supposedly being ignored in the cases associated involved with this very flawed Breitbart article? Any evidence that I missed in the article(s)?

Or are we just musing and waxing nostalgic? If so, I certainly understand remembering better days.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

Do you have any evidence or anything vaguely resembling evidence to back up this claim?

Tons 6 years of the Obama administration is ample evidence.

The assertions of the article have been clearly demonstrated to be questionable.

No it hasn't.

Yet, you take it as gospel and then leap to the absurd conclusion that these people will be voting Democratic.

I can guaran-damn-tee ya if they were bible thumpers, clinging to their guns, and religion there would be no immigration issue.

Don't have to do anything.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

neo96

Tons 6 years of the Obama administration is ample evidence.

No it hasn't.

I can guaran-damn-tee ya if they were bible thumpers, clinging to their guns, and religion there would be no immigration issue.

Don't have to do anything.

Right, so no evidence, no counter-argument, baseless personal opinion only.

Check.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

We're not waxing anything..

We're expressing a personal opinion. You and I both have the right to one...without demand to prove the basis of said opinion.

One of those things.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Right, so no evidence, no counter-argument, baseless personal opinion only.

Like the above comment ?

Yep check

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

What laws are supposedly being ignored in the cases associated involved with this very flawed Breitbart article? Any evidence that I missed in the article

What laws are being ignored ?

The law that says the US government can't spy on people is one.

The law that says 'right of the people' to keep and bear arms, but the US government gets to define what types is another.

Then they turn around and run guns to Mexico that is a violation of law.

Then they arm terrorists in the ME is another law violation.

And if the GD law that says you have to get permission to come in to this country was actually being enforced.

There would be no immigration 'issue'.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

We're not waxing anything..

We're expressing a personal opinion. You and I both have the right to one...without demand to prove the basis of said opinion.

One of those things.

Absolutely! Although, it's often difficult to ascertain in our type of format here, when substantive on-topic claims are being made, and when we're just shootin' the breeze. Maybe when we've been in a heated discussion about a topic we should at least state that "this is my opinion only" and not pretend that it's universal truth?

Just a thought.

NO disrespect intended with my comment above though; I for one like waxing nostalgic.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

neo96

What laws are supposedly being ignored in the cases associated involved with this very flawed Breitbart article? Any evidence that I missed in the article

What laws are being ignored ?

The law that says the US government can't spy on people is one.

The law that says 'right of the people' to keep and bear arms, but the US government gets to define what types is another.

Then they turn around and run guns to Mexico that is a violation of law.

Then they arm terrorists in the ME is another law violation.

And if the GD law that says you have to get permission to come in to this country was actually being enforced.

There would be no immigration 'issue'.

The US Government CAN spy on the American People ... it's called, ironically enough, "The Patriot Act." See GW Bush for more on that one.

There are over 300 million guns in the hands of Americans per the NRA, I guess they know. So the 2nd Amendment is clearly intact. It has been common practice for more than 100 years for the Government to regulate firearms.

Running guns to Mexico is illegal? How about selling weapons to Iran and using the proceeds to support terrorists (i.e. the Nicaraguan Contras). See Ronald Reagan for more on that one.

Arming Middle East terrorists? Like who, the rogue State of Israel, that we've found repeatedly spying on the US? Yeah, I agree that's probably not helping anything. (See every President from 1948 onward for more on that one.)

Interpreting immigration laws in terms of enforceability, reasonability and humanity? Check with Bill Clinton, GW Bush and Barack Obama on that one.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Isn't that interesting? You came away with that impression.

There is no "official" report from any alphabet agency involved. Go read back and read the Breitbart peace carefully again.

The only Government agency mentioned in the "official" article (from CIS the "Center for Immigration Studies"), is ICE Immigration and Customs Enforcement which is a wing of DHS.

There's no real government report involved at all as far as I can tell. The one linked on the page of the Breitbart article is from October 2013 not March 31, 2014.

The DHS report linked at the bottom of the OP article is accurate for the FY2013 data.

The "68,000" is coming from a chart on page 4 of the DHS report that list a bunch of major cities that have lots of ICE activity.

In fy2013, ice "encountered" (and presumably documented information) aliens with criminal histories totaling 193,357.

They only "charged" 125,478 (issued charging documents for court).

The difference is 67,879 with criminal records that were apparently released.

The Center for Immigration Studies are the ones highlighting this information from fy2013 (ended September 30, 2013).

The number itself isn't presented anywhere (for now obvious reasons !!).

To see this, you need to download the pdf and even then it's hard to read (wonder why ::wink wink:: )

The DHS seems to be attempting to hide this IMO.

Also keep in mind that ICE does not decide who gets deported, courts do.

But ICE (under the influences of Administrations) can "decide" who goes into the "system" and who gets to walk away.

I bet there's loads of bribes, graft, and corruption involved.

And we need to consider the "un-documented" "encounter-ees" that go scott free without an investigation.

It seems the "68,000" number is accurate

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Gryphon66

neo96

Okay.... So.... what does one say to this?

That Obama and his party will do anything for a vote.

Because that is what it is all about.

Seriously.

How about ignore a pure and simple case of Voter intimidation.
You can't tell me that wasn't done for the minority vote.
June 28, 2010
Why the DoJ lawyer in charge of the New Black Panther Party case resigned.

One of the more high profile miscarriages of justice occurred in November, 2008 when members of the radical group the New Black Panthers Party gathered in front of a polling location in Philadelphia and varying truncheons and intimidated voters entering the polling booths to vote for Barack Obama (see this video ).
The case was a clear cut violation of federal law. But when Barack Obama and Eric ("we are a nation of cowards" when discussing race) Holder entered office, the case was inexplicably dropped.

Why the DOJ Lawyer

ONCE AGAIN, DEMOCRATS VOTE TO CUT VETERANS’ BENEFITS IN ORDER TO ENABLE FRAUD BY ILLEGAL ALIENS
Even if, like me, you are beyond being shocked by anything the Democrats do, this is remarkable. For the second time, Harry Reid and his Senate Democrat cohorts have refused to allow an amendment to revise the Ryan-Murray spending deal to be voted on. The amendment would restore the cuts in veterans’ benefits that are part of the deal, and instead raise the money by closing a loophole that makes it easy for illegal aliens to defraud the federal government out of billions of dollars. It seems like a pretty easy choice: keeping our promises to veterans, versus enabling fraud by illegal immigrants. But the Democrats have again chosen, not just to prioritize illegal immigrants over veterans, but to prioritize fraud by illegal aliens over maintaining existing veterans’ benefits. You almost have to see it to believe it.

It is remarkable that on a day when our news media are consumed by a lane closure on a bridge, the Democrats’ support for billions of dollars in fraud by illegal aliens isn’t even a news story.

O nce again
Yes, Democrats will do anything for Votes, Anything and they'll Screw American Citizens First Every Time!!
Where's The Shovel Ready Jobs Obama?
The Obama supporters running around here doing everything in their Power to Take The Lime Light Off The Messiah and their only recourse is to Twist the facts and try and discredit the new source.
Sorry, You Vote For A Slum Lord a Neighbor Hood Organizer.
No Back Bone and No Balls and No Experience!
Obama going to do what he wants, he's already show us that.

edit on 31-3-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I appreciate the reply, and you're right..It can be quite a challenge at times to separate opinion from what is being stated as fact. Especially when it comes to topics where fact and opinion blur the lines so badly, one melds into and away from the other like liquids in a lab. (With the exception...labs label things for easy identification. lol)

Generally speaking on this topic? My opinion is that regulation is much more than it has been. I've been following this in very tangible ways and as those very sentiments are expressed in courtrooms, during suits against this Administration, the EPA and others. In immigration? I have blood family who are on resident papers. It's not a race issue. It's not a class issue and it's NOT a political issue. It's an issue of law. We follow...or we do not follow..our OWN laws. Right now..we aren't, unless we really feel like it as a nation.

In what is also subjective, I've listened to Obama and his regulatory czars, as they were called in the beginning (Nice to see someone dropped THAT particular title). I've listened to them from the start, lament the limits of Constitutional Government with references to how China has it easier (that was..09 or 10 for the quote, and I can find it later if need be..it's a casual, not primary reference here). I've listened to the talk evolve from 'I can't do that' to...'if Congress won't do it, we'll find a regulatory method'. Now I paraphrase here, but again, I can dig up the quotes tonight when I get off school.

They've found regulatory round arounds on Environment, Immigration and more. All to the loss of what has made this nation function for over 200 years of process and law.

So in terms of my opinion, that regulations and laws have become much more noticeable, invasive and destructive to this nation? It's based on some very real data and material. I'm just not in a position to spend a day researching, organizing and then presenting years of things read, heard and lived for a logical explanation to actually try and impact the debate here from it.

** For reference, the site I follow for easiest reference to Court cases and the ongoing matters current in fights is Courthouse News Service. In Addition to their main page, from the top line, you'll find pages dedicated to Environmental cases, Entertainment and Securities (Wall Street type) cases. They are all generally covering active, current and important cases. I tend to check once a day, but they update major content a few times a week.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The Center for Immigration Studies article is on their website.

The Breitbart article seems accurate.

The CIS article has the screens of the DHS report.

A review of internal ICE metrics for 2013 reveals that hundreds of thousands of deportable aliens who were identified in the interior of the country were released instead of removed under the administration's sweeping "prosecutorial discretion" guidelines. In 2013, ICE reported 722,000 encounters with potentially deportable aliens, most of whom came to their attention after incarceration for a local arrest. Yet ICE officials followed through with immigration charges for only 195,000 of these aliens, only about one-fourth. According to ICE personnel, the vast majority of these releases occurred because of current policies that shield most illegal aliens from enforcement, not because the aliens turned out to have legal status or were qualified to stay in the United States.

Many of the aliens ignored by ICE were convicted criminals. In 2013, ICE agents released 68,000 aliens with criminal convictions, or 35 percent of all criminal aliens they reported encountering. The criminal alien releases typically occur without formal notice to local law enforcement agencies and victims.

Catch and Release Interior immigration enforcement in 2013

Weekly Departures and Detention Report", ICE, October 6, 2013

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

xuenchen
The DHS report linked at the bottom of the OP article is accurate for the FY2013 data.

The "68,000" is coming from a chart on page 4 of the DHS report that list a bunch of major cities that have lots of ICE activity.

They just posted the Breitbart-referenced report on the CIS website today; it was not there at 4 AM when I started my contributions to the thread. I carefully searched on Jessica Vaughn's name. Anyway, here's a link: CIS - Catch and Release March 31, 2014

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

But the DHS report is in the Breitbart story.

But it was hard to read and find the elusive "68,000" number.

ICE did in fact release those people.

And the Breitbart article acknowledged the CIS report was obtained in advance.

Now the CIS report has been released without controversy.

(quote from OP story....)

The report, provided to Breitbart News ahead of its late Sunday evening release, reviews internal Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) metrics to conclude that the Obama administration released 35 percent—or 68,000—convicted criminal aliens back into the U.S. general population when they could have been deported.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

A radical immigration policy under which local law enforcement agencies have been told to ignore orders to hand over custody of illegal alien criminals for possible deportation apparently has led to the death of a teenager in Illinois, WND has learned.

There are too many deaths caused by illegals and our laws not being enforced.

I have a thread about it here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-3-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
They released them because they are trying to destroy us. This is the proof. You honestly think that any of those elites have to live amongst a bunch of illegal criminals? This is purposely done to finish off traditional families and ruin what's left of good neighborhoods. I think it's perfectly clear what they want to do to us. Why do you all think they are trying to take our guns on top of this? So we cannot protect ourselves. That why. Do you see now?
edit on 31-3-2014 by Fylgje because: to add to

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Great thread.

And that concept is what has got me going.

Many are just illeagle all the way around.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes. If I seemed "terse" earlier, I can only say I was a bit caught up in the heat of battle. Opinion and fact are certainly not always easy to dissect, but I think it's always reasonable to ask for evidence. That gives the other person the opportunity to say "It's just my opinion."

Every President has taken actions which were probably outside a strict purview of the Office. It didn't start with Obama, and it won't end there. I personally saw far more abuses under GW Bush that were of concern to me as a citizen. Obama, to me, is something of a woosie ... but, we all have our opinions.

I think rather than there being more regulations, that there is greater widespread "antipathy" toward any regulation and easier channels to communicate at a "grass-roots" level. I am truly stunned by the tenor of about half the population that truly seems to hate the kind of Government that we all grew up with. Face it, what ever the country was or wasn't in 1792 ... none of us alive today have any first hand knowledge.

Obama isn't as frightening as Reagan or Bush II. He reminds me more of Bush I or Carter ... probably too cerebral to be an effective President. He's certainly not a scrapper like Clinton or Reagan.

I just honestly don't see what many here see. I review the facts in each of these threads. I'm honest about what I read.

Anyway, Wrabbit ... thanks for clarifying. TO all in the discussion, beg pardon for the personal post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join