It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure Think Tank

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has been a topic in the past, but I needed some space to vent my frustration at the sheer futility of UFO investigation methods. Look everyone, we are NEVER going to get proof of the existence of aliens WITH the methods we are employing. They can ONLY prove there is "something" they cannot prove what the "something is"

I think more than 40-50 years of UFO investigation has shown us these methods are not working. Leaving the skeptics aside, because they cannot help themselves by the very nature of what they are, the UFO investigators themselves are their own worst enemies. They shoot down each other, ridicule each other, label each other as disinformation agents, each one claiming to know the truth, each one claiming to be holier than the other.

And what do we get left with? A mess. An absolute mess. And you know what, they can continue these childish mud slinging fights with each other, while the skeptics can sling mud at all of them, but I am sick and tired of it all. If we continue to rely on skeptics, UFO investigators, for proof then we will never get it.

And I can no longer tolerate the fact that we are are being constantly deceived and manipulated like sheep for more than 60 years, and that we are being denied knowledge that is our right to know, as inhabitants of this planet, and inhabitants of this universe. I can no longer tolerate that we have no say in the matters of our own world. No I cannot.

We MUST remove the cover of darkness, and not wait for them to drop the curtains, if we MUST, we need to tear them down

So this is what I propose: I propose we all sit down, get our thinking caps on, and discuss ways of getting DISCLOSURE, for that is the ONLY way we are going to get the truth. Whose with me?

[edit on 25-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hey you know what they say.

Right people in the wrong places makes all the differences.

Wouldn't surprize me that in some states in the US they have form militias to defend against alien invastions.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There might be a very good reason for non-disclosure.

I was at MUFON's last annual symposium and the question was asked to the crowd; Raise your hand if you think the government should disclose what it knows about the UFO phenomena. I was really surprised to see that the hands raised were about even with the hands left to their sides.

Disclosure could possibly be a devastating thing. Besides, it would take the fun out of searching for the truth.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Most people don't realize that the government is beneficting from this. At the same time people within the organization are risking their lives to provide such information to us.

The next step in my logical sense would be assembling a group of "trackers" to investiage these paranormal sightings with firearms and "try" to infiltrate one of the underground bases.

This might sound far fetch but it can be done by radicals out there.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Maybe there really is NOTHING to disclose. Maybe the worlds governments wont talk because to admit they have no idea would be just as devestating! People know there are unexplained things seen in skys from time to time, but imo, NOBODY really has the foggiest idea what they are. It's ALL theory.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Maybe there really is NOTHING to disclose. Maybe the worlds governments wont talk because to admit they have no idea would be just as devestating! People know there are unexplained things seen in skys from time to time, but imo, NOBODY really has the foggiest idea what they are. It's ALL theory.

Yeah who knows, but isn't it strange how our technology and population boom only happened within 100 years.
Lol big changes in the 50's right after the roswell crash
Or even how they try to secure area 51 so tight
Even having researches about it.
I bet they know more than we do I bet they do

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
HAHAHA try to infiltrate the underground bases? Boy its hard enough to get into a normal military base, it would be literaly impossible to get inside one of those underground bases, especialy with firearms! Yes it is far fetched, way to far fetched! First you have to locate the bases! Do you know the specific location of any of them? Plus its hard enough to rob a local bank! To try to go up agaisnt the best sercuity technology in the world is ridiculous! Let alone the basis that if the bases do exist they do/should have alien technology. Befor you could get into a 1km radius of one of them with bad intentions in your head, you would be blasted away by some ray gun lmao
Yes i agree we need to find out the truth on it all, but i think the best way to do this is "believers" to infiltrate the agencies/government and realese the information publicly. Doing this would prevent them for being killed. As to say if the secretary of defence got on CNN and announced all about majestic 12 and the cover up on aliens for 60 years, then he got assainated as he left. It would make the his story even more legite.
So the truth will not come out for another atleast 20 years, untill someone he holds the truth dear to their heart comes into power. Untill that day, keep searchign through the threads!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If I was out on a sunny day enjoying the warmth and fresh air, and experiencing a general sense of well being,
I would not want to know only 10 mili seconds before a snippers bullet contacts my head. Some things are better left un-known.
Thats just me...

Now if someone can give me a heads up with enough time to move, then yea, by all means disclose it to me.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I heard because of that war of the worlds thing or whatever back in the 20s or 30s when that guy played that trick the goverment wont tell us about aliens because of how we handled it back then and we probably couldent handle it if it was real

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
HAHAHA try to infiltrate the underground bases? Boy its hard enough to get into a normal military base, it would be literaly impossible to get inside one of those underground bases, especialy with firearms! Yes it is far fetched, way to far fetched! First you have to locate the bases! Do you know the specific location of any of them? Plus its hard enough to rob a local bank! To try to go up agaisnt the best sercuity technology in the world is ridiculous! Let alone the basis that if the bases do exist they do/should have alien technology. Befor you could get into a 1km radius of one of them with bad intentions in your head, you would be blasted away by some ray gun lmao
Yes i agree we need to find out the truth on it all, but i think the best way to do this is "believers" to infiltrate the agencies/government and realese the information publicly. Doing this would prevent them for being killed. As to say if the secretary of defence got on CNN and announced all about majestic 12 and the cover up on aliens for 60 years, then he got assainated as he left. It would make the his story even more legite.
So the truth will not come out for another atleast 20 years, untill someone he holds the truth dear to their heart comes into power. Untill that day, keep searchign through the threads!

"It is better to sacrifice everything than to live in slavery" -Ho Chi Minh

We are not talking about, last minute rush at the military base. Military base infiltrating is possible through countless of plannings. All human securities have loopholes.

By using the Freedom of Information act are you sure that the government is not lying to us by rejecting our right to view these documents that for some apparent reason "not exist".

There is ways to infiltrate not just simply breaking in with guns, maybe through being a employee and smuggling information out to the public.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by newkids123]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
There might be a very good reason for non-disclosure.

I was at MUFON's last annual symposium and the question was asked to the crowd; Raise your hand if you think the government should disclose what it knows about the UFO phenomena. I was really surprised to see that the hands raised were about even with the hands left to their sides.

Disclosure could possibly be a devastating thing. Besides, it would take the fun out of searching for the truth.

That just shows how effective government propaganda has been in making people fear disclosure. Nothing is going to happen, it's all a bunch of BS, 90% of the US believes in aliens and more than 50% believe the government is covering up. In some countries the ratings are as high as 90% that aliens are visiting us. As for the religious people, it's already mentioned in all of the religions of the world, that there were other beings. I saw one of the most fanatical Islamist extremist at one time, say to me how the existence of aliens is already noted in the Quran.

Don't believe the BS against disclosure. The benefits of disclosure far outweigh it.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar

???? Too difficult to beleive? or not exciting enough?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
A person would have to be very dedicated to persue something like this. It takes a lot of time once you're in a position with the government and it takes a lot to get there. There are plenty of in's though, you just need to have the right qualifications.

When I was about to graduate from college, the CIA posted signs all around campus about how they needed people with degrees in computer science and foreign languges. There's an in.

But! I for one am not quite dedicated to subject myself to the rigors of getting deep in bed with the government. You'd have to go it pretty much alone too. No support from ATS, not even visiting sites like this. You'd have to be careful about so many things, even what books you bought.

And then, when you are part of the grand disclosure, could you do so knowing everything for the last X years of your life was thrown away? How would you survive? And this is assuming you aren't killed or made part of the conspiracy!

There are so many factors to consider, the least of which is the background checks...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Good point indigo. I'm with you.

But I think the biggest problem of all is getting people to do something. I dont blame anyone either becuase we all have jobs/school/other obligations. And also when there is good proof, there are still critics. Take the Mexican UFO incident as an example. The thing popped up on radar, but people neglected that fact and blamed it as a camera problem. Whether that thing was man made or not, I think there was some form of truth to that incident that it was a flying object rather than a camera glitch.

Another problem is the press not giving enough attension. All we need is CNN to give coverage to the disclosure project. Lets face it, the last disclosure press conference did not go over so well. I still have faith in the disclosure project and am letting them run with the ball.

By the way, I heard on coast to coast, they have a documentary coming out on ABC in February.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
Good point indigo. I'm with you.

But I think the biggest problem of all is getting people to do something.

And thus I propose: That we start a public information awareness campaign and disseminate the most compelling testimonial, factual, photographic and videographic evidence for all. Given the inclination of the public to the belief in a cover-up, 50%, this means if we presented the information to 10 people, at maximum 5 people, are likely to join the campaign.

Eventually, as we grow stronger and have a sizable amount in the movement, the weight of our collective credibility increases, and that itself becomes compelling for the average member of the public.

So this is what I suggest we do in this thread: First and foremost, I woud like a list of people who are going to assist me in this endavaeour. Then, we as an entire group, will assemble materials of compelling evidence, that we can present to the public. This can be much more effective than the "grass roots effort" by the disclosure project, because of our ability to form multiple networks around the world.

We have to do it ourselves, don't rely on anyone else. Now I would just like to know who is with me? Those who wish to join, and are from England, please specify.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If you want to start one I would say keep it down from the internet

Seriously, I wouldn't doubt government spooks atleast read one post from this forum.

And yes actions will be soon, when the time is right.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I would just like to point out #12 of the Terms and Conditions.

12.) You agree not to cultivate the membership of the AboveTopSecret.com discussion board for the sending of private messages (board U2U or e-mail) for the purposes of marketing, mass mailing, or recruitment for other groups (offline or online) such as activist groups or other online discussion board websites.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ok, so let's say that tonight the head of NASA holds a press conference that is televised around the world. He/she discloses the fact that they have hard core proof of alien existence, but cannot go into details as to the how's, when's, where's and why's...would that be enough?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Lol the sad thing is I can see people actually accepting that as fact.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I would just like to point out #12 of the Terms and Conditions.

12.) You agree not to cultivate the membership of the AboveTopSecret.com discussion board for the sending of private messages (board U2U or e-mail) for the purposes of marketing, mass mailing, or recruitment for other groups (offline or online) such as activist groups or other online discussion board websites.

However does this qualify as an activist group. Rather, an information awareness campaign to educate the public. Isn't that what a lot of us want? Not an external group, but an ATS group of members, to assist disclosure. Is this against the rules?

I personally think if no one makes the initative to disclose, then we won't get one. I cannot think of a better place online, where enthusiastic, knowledgable and able people congregate on UFO matters, than ATS. Where we can begin our own disclosure initative.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join