It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Doesn't Back Russia's Invasion Of Crimea — And That's A Big Problem For Putin Read more:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
People are focused on the wrong alliances, IMHO.

I find the Merkel / Putin relation allot more interesting than any China connection. Granted, China has intrigued me as they've been on a mass spending spree on revamping and retooling their military at a disturbing rate but so has Germany and Russia at the same time.

I honestly think there will be a massive shift in power, sooner rather than later and the primaries will be Germany and Russia with China being the strong arm in the East.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Germany is tied to West Europe. If West Europe goes down, so does Germany.

In the short term, the financial and demographic imbalance of Western Europe is unfavourable.

You may wish but Russia is not going away. The financial sanctions will not have long term effect.

Why?

Because Russians are resourceful people. They have often survived in the face of great odds. Russians deserve respect.

Although Russian equipment may not be as good as the West, most of it is functional and does its job. Assuming Russia at a great disadvantage is a mistake.

Russia can recover by integrating more with Asia. Russia can get the goods it needs from Asia. Even the military tech that Russia needs can be obtained from Asia if it plays its cards right. Russia may have to redesign some components but that is the price Russians must be willing to pay.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

With some people (you and your kind) there is no point in even trying.

Enjoying the embedded humor within your embarrassing statements is all that is left to do with such comedy.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Please explain how a bunch of poorly coordinated Muslims defeated the world supposed super power?

Yes I am saying we lost in Iraq and Afghanistan.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join