It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Anti-Gun" California Senator Leland Yee (D) Charged with Gun Running

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wow .. this is big. It would be big for any state senator let alone one that crusaded against guns in the USA. State Senator Leland Yee (D) from California is accused of some serious gun running and international operations and conspiring with Chinese mobsters ... the stuff of Hollywood movies.

Anti Gun California Senator Leland Lee Charged With Gun Running, Bribery, Public Corruption

t what would surely place his likeness prominently on the Mt. Rushmore of hypocrisy if the allegations are proven in a court of law, famously anti-gun California state Senator Leland Yee has been charged with, in addition to bribery and public corruption…yes…gun running. Specifically conspiring with known organized crime lord Kwok Cheung “Shrimp Boy” Chow to illegally import firearms and sell them without a license . . .

The affidavit charges that the $2 million worth of weapons to have been secreted into the country from the Philippines included rocket launchers and machine guns, some of which Yee himself had fired while on Mindanao. A portion of the weapons Yee conspired to bring into the U.S. through New Jersey were to have been forwarded on to North Africa via Sicily.

PDF File - Yee Affidavit

San Jose News - Sen Leland Yee Indicted on Arms Trafficking and Corruption

Yee is linked to a host of wrongdoing to pad his political warchest, charged with seven felonies in a case with two dozen defendants accused of everything from money laundering to murder-for-hire. The defendants include Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow, a reputed ringleader of a Chinese syndicate federal investigators have been trying to crack since the late 1980s.

San Francisco CBS - Leland Yee Crusaded for Gun Control Before Indictment on Gun Chargees

In an interview on KPIX 5, Yee said that he was not going to be intimidated, because he believed so strongly in keeping guns out of the hands of bad guys.

“This is not an easy issue,” Yee said. “But I am a father, and I want our communities to be safe, and god forbid if one of these weapons fell into the wrong hands.”

San Francisco Examiner - Raymond 'Shrimp Boy' Chow - Notorious Chinatown Figure, Indicated in Charges Along with Leland Yee

Chow was among 26 defendants in court, including state Sen. Leland Yee and San Francisco political consultant Keith Jackson. The group faces charges ranging from murder for hire and drug trafficking to gun smuggling.

Chow, whose given name is Kwok Cheung but who also goes by “Shrimp Boy,” was an admitted member of a Hong Kong-linked Chinese gang Hop Sing Tong, according to an FBI affidavit released Friday. The document also states that the 54-year-old is the leader or “Dragonhead” of the San Francisco-based fraternal organization Ghee Kung Tong or Chinese Freemasons, through which the government alleges he committed the crimes with which he’s charged.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is like Jimmy Swaggart being against prostitution and then getting busted for hiring a prostitute. Do as I say not as I do syndrome. Boy oh boy things just keep getting better, don't they?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Now.. this a pickle...

Do republicans cheer for this guy or put him down.

*gets popcorn*

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Makes sense, politicians like to profit from their time in office. Just like the "war on drugs" has created a huge black market for the substances, this "war on guns" will only foster a black market (even larger than what it currently is) for guns. And the black market is usually where criminals and such, who can't pass a background check, find their weapons of choice.

Strict anti-gun legislation makes no sense to me, (disclosure: I consider myself a libertarian democrat). Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that just anyone should be able to own a firearm (some people clearly shouldn't own one, e.g. mentally ill/unstable), but if there is a will there is a way. And with highly restrictive legislation, that way is the black market. Ironically, tighter gun control legislation might lead to less control with people turning to more illicit means of getting weapons. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

luciddream
Now.. this a pickle...

*gets popcorn*

What kind of asinine question is that? Do you personally know Republicans who are for illegal guns being in the hands of criminals? Try putting the kool-aid down for a minute.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Ah well if hes the one doing all the running, hes saving plenty of others from the same fake
What a martyr!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

luciddream
Now.. this a pickle...

*gets popcorn*

jjkenobi
What kind of asinine question is that? Do you personally know Republicans who are for illegal guns being in the hands of criminals? Try putting the kool-aid down for a minute.

Don't get so defensive.

The number one qualification for federal politicians is being hypocrite actors. In public, these critters act like saints .... well almost. But behind closed doors it's no-holes-barred as our fearless leaders dabble in homosexual sex, child sex, bribes, insider trading, drugs and contraband of all stripe.

I'd imagine this particular critter is now persona non grata as he has apparently pissed off someone. Maybe he didn't give the bad guys a big enough cut. The real bad guys use air force aircraft and other military channels to move contraband.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

State Sen. Leland Yee was arrested on public corruption charges Wednesday morning in a federal investigation that also targeted Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow, a notorious former San Francisco gangster

1st off
not really surprised, go figure
let me take away the rights of legal citizens to protect themselves,
while i go ahead and make money by arming criminals

2nd off
really
Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow

wonder how he came by that monicker

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

spoonbender

His facebook page. He uses the nickname.
Wiki says that when he was 17 he survived a murder attempt while at a Chinese restaurant.
Maybe he was eating a shrimp plate or something?? I dunno ...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Maybe he is a secret supporter of second amendment rights finally coming out of the closet.

edit on 27-3-2014 by D377MC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Is it bad that I smiled and giggled through the entire read?

No matter what else happens today, i can think of this and have a quick smile and a chuckle.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

luciddream

I would imagine they'd put him down for his illegal gun running activities.
Republicans don't want criminals to have guns. Why would they?
They want law abiding citizens to be able to have their 2nd amendment rights.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

D377MC
Maybe he is a secret supporter of second amendment rights finally coming out of the closet.

If he was, he would have been working for 2nd amendment rights for Americans here at home and not running guns to North Africa via Sicily. Considering where the guns allegedly have been going, I'm sure this was about money first and foremost. He was trying to disarm law abiding Americans, while at the same time he was arming criminal elements in foreign countries. 2nd Amendment didn't enter into it, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I was just pissing around. On a more serious note, how else do you think we supply Islamo-fascist terrorists with weapons? Expect him to get away with it, I doubt he is the big fish.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

D377MC
I was just pissing around.

I know. No problem.

how else do you think we supply Islamo-fascist terrorists with weapons? Expect him to get away with it, I doubt he is the big fish.

Now there's an interesting conspiracy thought. Maybe he wasn't just in for $$$ for himself. Maybe he's part of a bigger gun running operation? If so ... Lee will commit 'suicide' soon ... or have a 'car accident' ... etc .

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You can get a higher price on the black market if a weapon is illegal. This guy was just wanting to increase his profit margin.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The chickens have come home to roost! Charge this guy and his cohorts in gang crime as domestic terrorists as well.

Folks this is exactly why we do not elect Democrats and Republicans. They are all as dishonest as the day is long.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

FlyersFan

spoonbender

His facebook page. He uses the nickname.
Wiki says that when he was 17 he survived a murder attempt while at a Chinese restaurant.
Maybe he was eating a shrimp plate or something?? I dunno ...

I think it was given to him by his girlfriend. Really!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

jjkenobi

luciddream
Now.. this a pickle...

*gets popcorn*

Their names were George Bush and Dick Cheney. They ran a little operation called wide receiver. It's where they sold weapons to the drug cartels it was the precursor to fast and furious.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

buster2010

jjkenobi

luciddream
Now.. this a pickle...

*gets popcorn*

Their names were George Bush and Dick Cheney. They ran a little operation called wide receiver. It's where they sold weapons to the drug cartels it was the precursor to fast and furious.

And Reagan, Bush, and North before them (Bush Sr).

We arm both sides of a conflict, then pick up the pieces we want afterwards. There are an aweful lot of illegal crops crowing in the aftermath of US presence in Afghanistan, for instance.

They even employ the "fund both sides of the battle" at home. The drugs are bought up by US Citizens, who then get arrested and fund a whole mess of corporate prisons, along with the leeches in the justice system.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join