It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College students quizzed, couldn't name ONE senator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This really should come as no surprise. Several students from American University in Washington D.C. couldn't name any senators, but they knew a song from a recent popular movie. There was one girl who named Rand Paul. Yay! One guy thought each state had 12 or 13 senators, while a girl thought each state had 100 senators!

Students quizzed

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Having said that, why on earth would anyone want to name the useless f*ckers?
edit on 26-3-2014 by D377MC because: edit to subtract

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Could it be they only included the stupid footage to further their propaganda?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Quite a few people get befuddled when they're put on the spot. It happens. "A few students" is not a majority. Sounds like they were handpicked.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I know my two senators, the senators of the neighboring state, a lot of the high profile senators, but then, I pay taxes, too.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Maybe they only want to talk and think about intelligent things.
Politicians are not in that category....they only want money and ego.

I couldn't name one either because I know they are useless and are just taking a paycheck home without giving anything back.
Good for the students...they might realize what a waste these people are and what a waste of money it is to pay these jerk offs.
Most students worry about tuition....a money based thing....go figure.
Good for them.
edit on 26-3-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Quite a few people get befuddled when they're put on the spot.

I agree, but people should not be that clueless. I'd wager that it's a helluva lot more than just a few students who are that ignorant.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

DrumsRfun

Maybe they only want to talk and think about intelligent things.
Politicians are not in that category....they only want money and ego.

I couldn't name one either because I know they are useless and are just taking a paycheck home without giving anything back.
Good for the students...they might realize what a waste these people are and what a waste of money it is to pay these jerk offs.
Most students worry about tuition....a money based thing....go figure.
Good for them.
edit on 26-3-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

They ought to care. Those same senators were instrumental in signing them over to perpetual debt slavery to the US government when they took over the entire college loan industry. It's little things like that where you want to know who your state's legislators are and pay attention to just exactly what they are doing. These kids will be paying the government out on end and the other for the better parts of their lives ... too bad they didn't bother to pay attention to who their overlords are.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

They don't care...thats why they are useless and nobody cares.
Thats a whole other thread....nobody cares.
Maybe an apathy thread should be written instead.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

ColeYounger
This really should come as no surprise. Several students from American University in Washington D.C. couldn't name any senators, but they knew a song from a recent popular movie. There was one girl who named Rand Paul. Yay! One guy thought each state had 12 or 13 senators, while a girl thought each state had 100 senators!

Students quizzed

there are still at least 20% of Americans that believe that Obama is a Muslim...so what's your point....at least college kids have the excuse of being young, horny, and self-involved at that age.

maybe they should get their information from a conservative think tank:
www.alternet.org...
obviously they will be better educated...(rolls eyes)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Your totally right! If these kids happened to know peoples names that would surely fix the debt problem, end corruption, oust the criminal gang that controls politics and might even bring back MILK.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

crucified
Could it be they only included the stupid footage to further their propaganda?

They always do that, no one cares about who answers correctly.
I don't think of it as propaganda though, it's still unbelievable they can find that many stupid people.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Doesn't this really just boil down to the usefulness of trivial facts?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Oh,Oh,Oh....raises hand...I know some Senators...Oh wait, they are all retired now....Gees, I don't think I personally know any senators anymore. I'm slacking.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

crucified
reply to post by ketsuko

Your totally right! If these kids happened to know peoples names that would surely fix the debt problem, end corruption, oust the criminal gang that controls politics and might even bring back MILK.

It implies that they care enough to be paying attention to what's actually going on in DC and maybe getting an inkling as to how it will impact them, so that when election time comes, they are less susceptible to the stupid propaganda crap.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

It would give them a slight curve. The real fight is corruption anyway. I hate to sound like a jackass but the system needs to be shaken up and voting alone isn't going to be enough.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

Not really people have always been stupid. Just because we think we should be smarter doesn't mean we are.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Maybe it was the school that had the map Hung upside-down and called the cops on the teacher that wrote on it .

new topics

top topics

join