It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellen DeGeneres salami? One company's quest to make meat from celebrity tissue samples

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It may sound like the makings of a bad science fiction movie: A company that harvests human tissue to make meat products such as salami. But a new start-up called BiteLabs is claiming to want to make human test-tube meat a reality. And they want to use celebrities to do it.

LA Times

BiteLabs website

I'm just curious what you all think about this. Within the article the writer speculates it's just to provoke lab meat discussion. But they didn't actually confirm that with the insane people behind this. Is this really Earth?

Do we believe that? This is more likely the work of provocateurs who want to start a lab meat discussion and not actually use Kanye West to make cured meat.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I threw up a bit in my mouth just reading the title.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well at least I know where I'm not investing my money.
Can I just say
Ewwwww ! ! !

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm hoping someone pops in and tells me that this portion of the LA Times is a hoax/Onion type section.

I hope I didn't ruin anyone's lunch. Bad timing. Oops.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

It's Official, Soylent Green has officially became real.

"Soylent Green is People!"

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

No! NO!!!! AND HELL NO!!!!

Now being a cheese fanatic, I am very well aware of how some of the cultures to create certain cheeses have developed. GROSS, but I can still live with it!

But to create a food out of a celebrity?????

If that is what the world has come to, then I am GLADLY awaiting the scientists whom created us to end their mad experiment!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What is most frightening to me, is that this seems like the kind of sick thing celebrity fanatics would love. This thing may gain traction.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

Talk about your slippery slopes, at what point is cannibalism ok?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is something that the elite may enjoy as the Devouring of flesh of which they believe they own, the offering of flesh of which they believe the masses will Desire and hold as sacred.

I adhere to neither.

Sick Bastards. Let then all rot in whatever hell they Devise. I won't be a participant.

Peace

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Damn glad that raise /catch my own food .. no way in hell would I ever eat any lab created food .. let them eat it and hope they choke on it ..
Think will make sure to avoid western countries even more now that cannibalism appears to be part of the diet ..

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I know it sounds disgusting, but I wouldn't mind a bite of Anthony Hopkins or Mads Mikkelsen--

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by raedar

But to create a food out of a celebrity?????

As if a celeb is going to taste any different from someone who isn't

Oh, this nonsense on celebs being seen as more. Nice!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I hope this isn't true... I hate Ellen Degenerate... Seriously though, i hope this never comes to fruition but in this world, I can see it not only happening but being peddled in 5 years as the answer to our food shortages... Just like in the matrix, where the slaves still plugged in are fed the ones that have died, we've just made it more, eh, 'sciencey'... If you will...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I threw up a lot in my mouth, disgusting...Ellen DeGeneres.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Mmm more soilent green please.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I didn't think Ellen dug salami, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean, know what I mean?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You know, I did a thread on "Celebrity Boob Cheese" while back, as it seems you can and (the French do,) make cheese from human breast milk, salami and cheese anyone?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by raedar

Talk about your slippery slopes, at what point is cannibalism ok?

How soon will we be hearing all about how cannabalism is found in nature, so if it's natural, it must be good ...

And how long will it take before someone does something really, really offensive with some of this meat and the communion ritual?
edit on 26-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by raedar

Give me an Anne Hathaway, and a side of fries with that.

edit on 1-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by raedar

Someone's been watching the movie Antiviral way too many times.

Give it a watch people....about the exact same topic.....and then some.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join