It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blocking a User?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
just a quick question.

Is there a way I can block a certain user? Without going into too much detail and saying any names i have a certain individual a self proclaimed "Wizard" that keeps following me around. using some Sociopathic an Trolling techniques to try to get a rise out of me.
Hopefully there is a block button or option, i really don't want to be bothered by this pest any longer.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Craninalbliss
just a quick question.

Is there a way I can block a certain user? Without going into too much detail and saying any names i have a certain individual a self proclaimed "Wizard" that keeps following me around. using some Sociopathic an Trolling techniques to try to get a rise out of me.
Hopefully there is a block button or option, i really don't want to be bothered by this pest any longer.

You can report them but not block them. If it is somebody who simply disagrees with you, no matter how fundamentally, there's not much that can be done unless they are repeatedly off-topic or abusive (threatening) towards you. The T&C applies to all so, if it's a MOD, don't be afraid to report them.

Good luck, man.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Craninalbliss

Just dont respond. Delete without opening or reading posts, and move on...theyll get tired of you avoiding them and move along.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Craninalbliss
just a quick question.

You have a biological ignore button.
It's called "don't read their posts and just ignore them"
If they're actually harassing you and breaking T&C or sending you abusive PMs then report them.

If you just disagree then step up and whoop they ass!!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Your best bet is to report them through the complaints button. The Staff will look into it, and take appropriate action.
edit on 3/26/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Zaphod58

The Staff will look into it, and take appropriate Acton.

Couldn't help but notice the implicit correlation between Lord Acton who coined the expression about Absolute Power and this response. In this case, it's unintentional and irrelevant. So naturally I had to point it out.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Yes it was. Stupid Swype.

There, fixed now.
edit on 3/26/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Buzzkill.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sounds entertaining. Send em my way

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I miss my ignore feature

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link