It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is up with the weather?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Okay, so I'm not sure if the weather has been as erratic/crazy like it has been here in other parts of the US (I never look at the national weather reports), but it has been insane where I am! The only word that I can think of to describe this weather (although silly and layman term-esque) is bipolar. I've never seen it like this before. For the last two months the weather has fluctuated extremely, one day it will be 65 and sunny- giving the impression that spring weather is here, and within the next couple of days- out of nowhere (like now for instance) the temperature drops out of no where and it starts SNOWING.. It's been doing this for a coupe of months or more now, it will literally change drastically within less than a week from sunny and warm to freezing and snowing/sleeting.

The birds where I am located never even went south for winter, like they always do.. I have seen ducks attempting to swim and dwell by the lake (as they would in the warm weather) all winter! It's insane, it's like they're confused about where the hell they are supposed to go or what they're supposed to be doing (obviously due to this insane weather and it's drastic changing)..

Is it just me or has the weather been pretty damn unusual.? As I said, maybe it's not like this else where, I wouldn't know.. But I can never recall it behaving this way before, rising or dropping over 40 degrees in less than a weeks time as well as completely changing the atmosphere/climate at the same time. I can honestly say that I don't recall it being like this ever before.. I've heard a bit about the polar vortex thing, but I'm not sure if that accounts for this insanely reversing weather..

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

I can tell you up where I am at, we have had one hell of a winter... Both snow and temps. Been rough...

But 'ya know "global warming" and all... *eye roll*

I cannot wait for summer!

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Not sure but in Missouri the winters are known for being unpredictable.Temp fluctuations are nothing new here.Some winters are mild and others roar in with a vengeance.Guess being a Missourian I'm just used to wild winters.It can snow up to the first two weeks of April,so yeah you just don't know what is coming next here.Has always been this way.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm in Tennessee and it just finished snowing like crazy all morning. Like, blizzard conditions for hours, then sunny blue skies again. I wanted to talk to someone about it, but it's just me and my 1 year old here right now and he was nonplussed.

But yeah crazy weather.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

ZeroReady
I'm in Tennessee and it just finished snowing like crazy all morning. Like, blizzard conditions for hours, then sunny blue skies again. I wanted to talk to someone about it, but it's just me and my 1 year old here right now and he was nonplussed.

But yeah crazy weather.

I'm not too far from you, I guess that it's been different where you are, but this is nothing new for where I am, this on and off drastically opposites weather has been going on all winter.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Whatever the real cause, they'll just come up with an excuse to fit their agenda:

The climate change flip flop. No more winters, no more summers... whatever!.

edit on 25-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

It's because the polar vortex (the big spinning cap on the earth's head in the north) has been looking periodically like a sledgehammer has been taken to it. Basically, it's big and weak. That's resulting in it getting pushed around more by the jet stream. Why it's happening? The Northern oceanic currents that basically drive the jet stream are weakening which is fouling things up plus allowing more warmth to go up into the vortex, causing it to expand. This kind of weather chaos actually started in 2010, I think, but has been increasing in frequency of vortex splat. It's really not a good thing if it continues and it's not just affecting the US. It's affecting the entire Northern Hemisphere.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's all just a figment of your imagination......
/sarcasm

Seriously, I live in the south-east U.S. and since around Christmas time the weather is definitely fitting of the term "bi-polar".

We have had some bad winters in the past, and we have had years where it was warm on Christmas. This is different...its almost a daily fluctuation. We have had cold windy days back to back with sweat-as-soon-as-you-walk-out-the-door hot and humid days. Maybe I'm losing it but I don't ever remember this happening before...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Welcome to the way us Utahns have felt forever. Running joke is to keep a pair of boots and flip-flops in your car at all times. You will need to defrost your windows in the morning, but turn your air on in the afternoon.
The best meme I have seen yet that describes it perfectly is this:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I don't think it's been more "bipolar" than in other years. It's just with all the news hyping it, the insane addiction the weather channel has with naming the storms, we just maybe pay attention more?

In my locale it got cold in November and just has stayed that way. Kinda the definition of "Winter".

About the only thing that's been eye-catching is the number of nor'easters this year, and how early they were. It may just be my perception but those usually ramp up in March/April, but this year began in January and haven't stopped.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Caver78
I don't think it's been more "bipolar" than in other years. It's just with all the news hyping it, the insane addiction the weather channel has with naming the storms, we just maybe pay attention more?

In my locale it got cold in November and just has stayed that way. Kinda the definition of "Winter".

About the only thing that's been eye-catching is the number of nor'easters this year, and how early they were. It may just be my perception but those usually ramp up in March/April, but this year began in January and haven't stopped.

Not at all, I'm not one to give in to the power of suggestion as you're suggesting
. Perhaps you don't live in the same area as me.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

ChaosComplex
It's all just a figment of your imagination......
/sarcasm

Seriously, I live in the south-east U.S. and since around Christmas time the weather is definitely fitting of the term "bi-polar".

We have had some bad winters in the past, and we have had years where it was warm on Christmas. This is different...its almost a daily fluctuation. We have had cold windy days back to back with sweat-as-soon-as-you-walk-out-the-door hot and humid days. Maybe I'm losing it but I don't ever remember this happening before...

I agree. In the area that I live we're prone to random 'surprise' weather changes, etc, but this is nothing like it's been before, that I can recall. I honestly don't recall ever having such dramatic and constant weather changes in such a drastic and continuous cycle like this.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yet on the East coast of America where I am this feels like the end of Winter and the start of Spring to me..

Some days are great and some days Old Man Winters pokes his fingers at us again..

It usually goes this way until mid-April .

top topics

join