It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The climate change flip flop. No more winters, no more summers... whatever!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Back in 2000:

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past.

However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event".

Today:

Get This: Warming Planet Can Mean More Snow.

"So one of the consequences of a warming ocean near a coastline like the East Coast and Washington, D.C., for instance, is that you can get dumped on with more snow partly as a consequence of global warming," he says.

Whatever works, just make it up as we go along. Seems to work on every other issue.

Regardless, we definitely need global carbon taxes and carbon credits to be traded on exchanges with profits going to investors and commissions paid to the banksters.

If at first you dont succeed, lie lie again.

Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation.

Glacier scientist: I knew data hadn't been verified.

Fakegate: The Obnoxious Fabrication of Global Warming.

edit on 14-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Tell the lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Maybe i'm a bit dense....just returning from a very bad defeat by navy....but what exactly is the point of the OP.....a bit more end goal description please.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Now there's snowfall in Cairo?

Any more GloBull Warming and we'll all be living like Eskimos.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

They aren't 'making' anything up.

It's climate CHANGE, not 'Global Warming'.

Are people so disconnected from scientific reality that they take the term "Global Warming" as something literal?

The climate is changing, all over the world and it has been, forever. Let's just remember that during the Dark Ages there was a very long period where Earth was warmer than it is now.

It's natural cycles.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

All fine.

What was the point of trying to implement a global carbon taxation scheme to prevent it then if it's all natural cycles?

I think there wasn't one aside from convincing people to submit to ever more power and control by TPTB.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm sure that everyone is familiar with the sine wave.

It's a curvy line that goes up and down.

Temps, cycles, weather, follow the sine wave.

It'll get cooler, then warmer, then probably cooler again.

But everyone can panic if it makes themselves feel better. (lolz)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The problem, as far as I understand it ( and I may be completely wrong so correct me if I am) is that all these alarmist publications are based off "models" put together using our limited data on the Earth's historical climate, not forecasts or predictions.

And I am led to believe that in the meteorological field, there is a distinct difference between a climate model and a forecast.

Much like hurricane tracking, they present about 20 or so different models, but they only actually forecast 2 or 3 negligibly different paths for any given storm.
edit on 14-12-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

The thing about the models they use is that they're so inaccurate that if you make them all accurately hindcast no two will agree on their future forecasts for the climate, and if you make them all agree on what you think the future climate will be, none of them can accurately hindcast, not one.

Plus, if you just randomly throw variables into a model, they've discovered that you have a better chance of getting an accurate or close to accurate prediction than if you actually try to make the models with what you think are true variables.

But the models are generally the stars of the climate world. They're what every talks about and feature prominently.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

watchitburn
The problem, as far as I understand it ( and I may be completely wrong so correct me if I am) is that all these alarmist publications are based off "models" put together using our limited data on the Earths historical climate, not forecasts or predictions.

And I am led to believe that in the meteorological field, there is a distinct difference between a climate model and a forecast.

Much like hurricane tracking, they present about 20 or so different models, but they only actually forecast 2 or 3 negligibly different paths for any given storm.

Those models are the problem, if you put bs in you get bs out, and they use that bs to come up with wonderful idea's like the carbon tax.

If they cant get weather forecasts to be 100% accurate for tomorrow, how on earth can they have the correct data to feed the models that try to predict the next 100 years! its absurd.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I'm not disagreeing with you on the conspiracy of TRYING to make it seem like something it isn't, that's true enough.

It's just people who don't actually believe that the climate is changing, are just inept.

link   
I think that forecasting models and climate models are somewhat different, too. Forecasting models are a bit more accurate, but what really makes them better tools is that they local weatherman is usually familiar with the prevailing conditions in your area and can use those to hedge his bets as to which models is likeliest to be correct or most correct.

link   

VoidHawk
Tell the lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

I heard it a little different:

Tell the lie often enough and it becomes politics.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Climate always changes, but people who are trying to make it seems like something that is exclusively mankind's fault this time ... well, that's the conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Right, but there is a certain ammount of it that certainly is man made. China's factories don't actually help the atmosphere right?

Same thing with those huge garbage patches in the Atlantic and Pacific.

So, there's work we need to do. The carbon tax thing is just a scheme.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Cairo saw Snowfall 100 Years ago , there is nothing Astonishing about that , it's just the " Weather "..........

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I never said there isn't work that can be done, but currently, the Green Movement is as infiltrated by the "do as I say but not as I do" crowd as much as any other large power structure.

Not to mention the rather nasty undertone that filters through from some of the upper crust that they'd like nothing more than to exterminate the greater portion of human life indiscriminately (well, except for themselves).

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by ketsuko

It's just people who don't actually believe that the climate is changing, are just inept.

I think the problem is that TPTB are trying to make us believe that its something new, and it isn't.

As for people being "inept", Doesn't that just go to prove how dumbed down people really are? when they cant understand something so simple?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by ketsuko

Right, but there is a certain ammount of it that certainly is man made. China's factories don't actually help the atmosphere right?

Same thing with those huge garbage patches in the Atlantic and Pacific.

So, there's work we need to do. The carbon tax thing is just a scheme.

~Tenth

Well if they were not Chinese factories they would have been US factories in the good old have a job days.

The climate back when we all had jobs was stable and easy to predict, now that all the smoke is half way around the globe they can't tell you a sunny day from a rainy day in the same forcast.

Something is up and I have to say it is not caused by industrial pollution, Nobody is working and nobody is driving around just for the sake of it in their cars.

Heck gas here right now is $1.25 a litre.

I agree on the carbon tax thing being a sham.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join