It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Economy Revealed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Their economy might be more balanced, but their standard of living isn't comparable.

I was in Moldova and stayed with a family for a few days. Every morning we had to wake up and go down 12 flights of stairs (the elevator never seemed to work) to get water. Yes, water. We'd carry jugs to a kiosk down the street and pay to fill up our jugs with clean water.

I remember spending an entire day in the capital of Chisnau looking for those rings you use with a shower curtain. Apparently people in Moldova don't know what a shower rod/curtain setup is.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Orwells Ghost
reply to post by TritonTaranis

That last photo of yours is a bit disingenuous. I can cherry pic some pictures of Michigan that will make that photo of Russia look like a five star resort.

Right ok

You can find a run down city in the US

Fair enough

More than half of Russia's city's are worst

And every village and town in the rurals of Russia are like the image posted

So I think it wasn't cherry picking at all

I think maybe you're nit picking ?

Shall we call it quite here or shall I continue to prove your fantasy wrong?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Their economy might be more balanced, but their standard of living isn't comparable.

I was in Moldova and stayed with a family for a few days. Every morning we had to wake up and go down 12 flights of stairs (the elevator never seemed to work) to get water. Yes, water. We'd carry jugs to a kiosk down the street and pay to fill up our jugs with clean water.

I remember spending an entire day in the capital of Chisnau looking for those rings you use with a shower curtain. Apparently people in Moldova don't know what a shower rod/curtain setup is.

Exactly

And do you know why?

Because Russia's elites as in china are far more greedy & wealthy than the west, and give absolutely nothing back to society

Hence the worlds no1 ranked inequality

So again... Love Russia, go love it the folks and stop sponging of our welfare systems

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

It is true that many parts of former USSR are having bad living standards due to sabotage of economy.

However that does not mean they will give away their land easily. These are people with high self-respect and have survived through harsh periods.

I see Russia surviving the next great war and achieving its former glory of Russian empire.

Western Europe may be very rich, but believe me, I see little hope there.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

Orwells Ghost
reply to post by TritonTaranis

That last photo of yours is a bit disingenuous. I can cherry pic some pictures of Michigan that will make that photo of Russia look like a five star resort.

Right ok

You can find a run down city in the US

Fair enough

More than half of Russia's city's are worst

And every village and town in the rurals of Russia are like the image posted

So I think it wasn't cherry picking at all

I think maybe you're nit picking ?

Shall we call it quite here or shall I continue to prove your fantasy wrong?

I'm not quite sure what fantasy you are referring to. You showed one picture of one place (with no annotations) in a country of 135 million people and you've claimed that it represents the living conditions within the majority of that nation. I just pointed that out. Why so defensive?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I've mentioned this in other threads. I've visited Russia. The mafia controls everything --- and I mean everything. They operate with impunity and entirely out in the open. I strongly suggest that anyone that is seriously interested in knowing what life is like in Russia take a trip and spend some time there. I promise you will come away with an entirely different picture of the country.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

MystikMushroom

Perhaps this is why the people of Moldova want to be assimilated by Russia?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join