It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Knows Why Ancient Egyptians Built This 4,600-Year-Old Pyramid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Perhaps I will delve into what I can find on the Egyptian Mysteries, so see if i can get a grip on what their angle was. I am not so sure that much exists....but I am certain that these pyramids relate in that kind of regard. 7 has real meaning in their mindset.

Perhaps the protohebrew type of thought process would help? Kabballa is too far developed to have any easily recognized relation to its Egyptian predecessor.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

just to look at this from a practical standpoint (someone has come very close to this already in there post) but as these are next to the Nile is it not possible they where in fact used as flood markers, giving the inhabitants a warning of how high flooding would be that year?
either for agricultural purposes or for saving people from drowning. while i could be completely wrong and do believe the Egyptians to be highly esoteric, i also understand that they would need to be practical as well and that not all buildings built by ancient cultures are for religious,ceremonial,ritual and burial belief's.
just my pennyworth for now

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
They most likely we're used as way points for traders or whoever traveled up and down the river and built tall enough to be able to show when the Nile has it's big floods. Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I had the same thought. A long chain of signal beacons up and down the Nile.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Treespeaker
I'm going to throw this out there.

I have often wondered if these may have had a practical reason as well as astrological etc, the landscape around theses always seems very flat.

Is it possible the ancients were also geoforming for shade/agriculture reasons, I can't help but think these may have been intended to be "mountains".

Just an out there thought.

Cheers

Pyramid building seemed to as much as a government work program as an ultimate tribute to the Pharoah. Anyone who didn't have anything to do could work there. Hours were roughly from 7am to 11am and 1pm to 5pm (Between sunrise and before noon, then after noon to just before sun-down). It kept the population fit, they got free medical care and lunches.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think a time traveler from our era went back in time and gave the ancient Egyptians a one dollar bill. They saw the pyramid with the all seeing eye and re-created it to worship the time traveling god. Now, would the dollar bill have the pyramid on it if that hadn't happened? Perhaps...perhaps.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

wait....seven pyramids running the length of the nile?

Here is more what I am thinking:

Huh...one hell of an association.

You left me amazed by the possible connection. This symbol would have to be than highly revered by the builders.

I wandered off at this point.
edit on 27-3-2014 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
People should go back to basics.

Think what was written.

Wouldn't a Pyramid have a specific benefit that so many oyher buildings wouldn't?

How about disaster proof.

It wont be blown over nor toppled.
it can withstand the sands of time.
A tsunami would simply cascade around it or over it.
Deflection.

What an amazing piece of architecture designed in such a way, stacked and sized.

But what I would genuinely like to know is what are below.
Pyramids are not just an Egyptian based structure but a global one.

Do you agree?
What do you think?
Who knows they may have even been coated back in the day. Maybe we really have no idea at all.

Just an opinion of what I'd like to share.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I cant help but feel this is how ALL the pyramids and ruins/temples we see across the world would look today, had they all been made in the ways in which we are told. This thing looks trashed compared to its big brothers.

In my opinion this is the works of a primitive human race, with copper hand tools, pulleys and ropes trying to recreate something that our greater ancestors made (or assisted in making) many many years before.

In case it wasn't obvious, I am quite a firm believer of the alien ancestor line of thinking (in this age we could barely build most of the mammoth sized structures we see in our world today, zero chance it all happened as we are told).

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Well, the caduceus has definite connections in Egypt. I also think that may be part of the whole imagery of the snakes on the crown (multilayered symbolism is the standard in esoterica). The symbolism of the nile, snaking its way across the land....it being the primary source of energy and transport in the land....and the fact that you have 7 of them mostly spaced out evenly....

I would find it hard to believe that this wasn't the intent.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
energy conductors

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well, since a lot of people seem think the larger pyramids of Giza are meant to emulate the three major stars in Orion's belt, then maybe these smaller pyramids are supposed to mark the positions of other stars (or alien satellites) they thought were important. Recreating the entire night sky on the ground.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

tom.farnhill

i have often wondered if the pyramids were built as a kind of counter balance for the earth .

maybe there was some kind of pole shift or the threat of one .

would it be possible for some one to build a computer model of the earth and remove the weight of the known pyramids and see how it affects the earths spin .

and maybe this model could predict the location of other pyramids that have not been discovered yet .

but as a silver surfer with limited computer skills it will not be me .

so to all the computer boffins out there , can some thing like that be done ?

Just saw this, thought I would show the numbers for it.

The Great Pyramid of Giza is estimated to mass about 5.9 million tonnes. That would be 5.9 x 10^9 kilograms (5.9 billion kilograms).

The Earth on the other hand masses 5.972 x 10^21 tonnes (5,972,000,000,000,000,000,000 or 5.972 sextillion tonnes or 5.972 septillion kilograms).

Because those numbers are so huge, and can be a bit hard for anyone to wrap their mind around them, let's scale it down a bit, so we can compare them.

First, let us find out how many times more massive the Earth is than the Great Pyramid. We divide Earth's mass by the mass of they Great pyramid and we get 1,012,203,389,830.51 or just over 1 quadrillion times more massive.

Let us scale it down to grams. One small paper clip masses about 1 gram, so we could say that 6 small paper clips is the Great Pyramid's mass.

Now, If we multiply the mass of those 6 small paper clips, each one being about 1 gram, we get just over 6 quadrillion grams. Divide that by 1,000 to get your kilograms, and then divide one more time by 1,000 to get your 1 metric tonne.

So if we scale down the Great Pyramid to 6 grams of mass (6 small paper clips), then the Earth scales down to about 6,000,000 tonnes.

That's pretty close to what they Great Pyramid masses (at 5.9 million tonnes).

So there you go: If the Great Pyramid were spinning on it's axis at 1,000 miles per hour, like the Earth does.......what effect would having 6 paper clips have on it?

Nothing that we could really even measure.

So the answer is: no real difference.....even if you added the other two largest pyramids that are there.

As massive as those pyramids look......the Earth itself is a LOT bigger.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
i once read that if the earth was shrunk to the size of a cue ball, it would be smoother than a cue ball.

so compared to the rockies and andes and himalaya's the pyramids are nothing.

as for the little ones, i think they are not older than giza. they were just imitations.

the stones are much smaller. how all of a sudden they get the tech to use big ones?

edit on 3129243431am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

tsingtao
as for the little ones, i think they are not older than giza. they were just imitations.

Do you dispute the dating technique or are you just incredulous about the construction techniques?

the stones are much smaller. how all of a sudden they get the tech to use big ones?

It's pretty typical for tools and techniques to progressively become more complicated as well as more efficient. It's a learning curve. It's kind inline asking how DaVinci managed to invent ball bearings so why were they not patented until the very end of the 18th century a couple of hundred years later. Or the parachute or flying machine, neither if which came into play for hundreds if years after.

Sometimes you have one brilliant mind pop up at just the right time in history, able to do amazing things to advance science or engineering and unfortunately when they pass on they take their skills with them. Is it not possible that a similar scenario occurred with Egyptian engineering? That one or several brill an minds advanced building techniques and the knowledge was list when later people weren't able to fully grasp the techniques or the math involved? It's a far more logical conclusion than Aliens did it. And no I'm not implying that's where you were headed with this but it is a very common answer when people are incredulous about ancient construction and the artisans behind the projects.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join