It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apsu of Sumerians confirmed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There is a fairly popular theory that there was a massive canopy of water vapor surrounding the earth at one time, and a large comet came by and knocked the earth to it's present axis angle and collapsed the canopy, and that is what caused the flood.

The water canopy is what is mentioned in the bible (water in the heavens, water from below) and could explain the problem we have where the air is now too thin for the pterodactyls to fly, etc.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by djmarcone

It is hard to imagine what would have held that water up since water is obviously denser/heaver then air. The only reason satellites stay up is because of centripetal force, that water to stay up there would have to be rotating around the Earth with high angular velocity.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

LUXUS
reply to post by djmarcone

It is hard to imagine what would have held that water up since water is obviously denser/heaver then air. The only reason satellites stay up is because of centripetal force, that water to stay up there would have to be rotating around the Earth with high angular velocity.
What would it look like if water were outside of our gravitational field, suspended in the space above our planet? And what would it eventually do?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

I guess it would distort our view of the stars, maybe cause light refraction and colored rainbow type lights in the sky. Earth would receive less light. Depends at what height it was at, if it was low eventually it would start to fall as rain, if it was higher it would just stay there like Saturns rings.

Incidentally there has been reported a strange phenomena of spheres of water entering our atmosphere from outside, supposedly these spheres are massive and from unknown origin.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have said this before, and will again.

I would love to see this planets oceans pumped off into space 5 feet at a time...then assess conditions, earthquakes etc.

My contention is that since this extra water has been covering this planet, it has slowed our travel around the sun, from 360 days to 365.3... hence the 360 degrees in a circle.

It has caused this planet to be out of alignment just enough to cause certain beings to have the upper hand here, to hold us all in confusion..

I can guarantee that getting rid of 500 feet of ocean would be the most interesting and amazing event possibly in this galaxy...UNTOLD incredible discoveries and changes would come upon us all !!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

This amazing event would be turning land into barren deserts, a layer of water in the upper atmosphere would trap the Suns heat in and temperatures here on Earth would skyrocket, global warming of the most severe kind I think.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

All Seeing Eye

LUXUS
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

In order to understand how it is done you need to reread the OP, there is enough water to flood the world again, all you need to do is cause the waters of the Apsu to rise up out of the ground and spill into the oceans.

BTW I think Absu and Abzu is the same thing just that one is an American spelling (z) whilst the other is an English spelling (s)

No, I do understand what he is sharing, but its never going to happen, as long as gravity works the way it does right now. I agree, there is enough water inside the planet to cause a global flood once again, but luckily for humanity, water seeks its own level, and tends to stay there, once it gets there..

all you need to do is cause the waters of the Apsu to rise up out of the ground and spill into the oceans.
There is a way to have the subterranean waters to come up to the surface but that would involve something everyone would see, and thwart. It may also lead to the complete destruction of our planet. So I will not share that here......

Abzu and Apsu are not the same things, and not interchangeable, one is of rivers/ waters and one is of deep oceans.

You heat up the core and outer mantle of the earth. That causes the mass to expand, pushing up the water.That heating could be achieved by an increase in the Sun's magnetic field. Maybe it happened naturally through a nearby super-nova. There is evidence of a massive nuclear event 11,000 years ago that scorched North America.

The other way would be a meteorite large enough to deform the crust. But the evidence of the story, the forty days and nights (or a very long time) is that this was a slow time event thing. If a meteorite had hit, then the story would have been about a flash of light, a scorching heat, the ground shaking that no human had ever felt before, and a wave that came rushing in.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
For the Enuma Elish (and for that matter, the Bible) to qualify as "absolute truth", we've got to find the geological proof that the entire earth was covered in water during the advent of humankind.

Although we absolutely know for certain that there were several extremely serious floods connected to the melt down era of the last Ice Age, to my knowledge, scientists have NEVER found any geological evidence confirming that the ENTIRE EARTH was ever completely covered in water since mankind has been around.

Do you get it? So far, the proof HAS NOT BEEN FOUND.

I do not say this lightly. I've spent weeks laboriously searching the Internet for that proof AND IT'S NOT THERE. Yep, there were big, bad floods aplenty, and those floods must have looked like "the end of the world" to whoever was caught in them, but when push comes to shove, those floods were localized events.

When the ice dam containing the Great Missoula Lake burst through (c. 14,000 BC) a wall of water nearly 600 meters high poured down through the Pacific Northwest of the United States. It was the "end of the world" for anyone caught in its path. We know it happened because the geological evidence confirms it.

When the famed meteor strike hit somewhere around Hudson Bay, (c. 10,500 BC) we know the event caused massive flooding that impacted a huge part of the world, and it also resulted in violent earthquakes and volcanic action. But NOWHERE does the evidence suggest that ALL land was under water!

We also know that the Black Sea Flood (c. 5,600 BC) had a huge impact on the Middle East, yet many parts of the Fertile Crescent escaped flooding.

Please… Show me the geological proof that the Abzu (underground water) ever flooded the entire earth during the advent of humankind.

Just 'cuz it's stated in the Enuma Elish doesn't mean it's true. That account was written by the scribes of Babylon's Religious Cult system. The scribes responsible for writing that account were far more concerned with manipulating human belief systems than documenting the truth.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

It seems to me that there has been more than one flood event on our planet. Dinosaur bones found in great numbers together as though they had been washed there by water. All the same species as though it was a heard, and died all at the same time. Oddity, or evidence of what happened.

One interesting find about 5 miles inland there was a bone cash found, of prehistoric wales? How do they get 5 miles inland? Very large wave.

I have read that the Dinosaurs came to their end about 67 million years ago. All Dinosaurs wiped out, and very large waves. I know one of the accepted theory's is that a large meteorite hit the planet and caused mayhem, and certainly that would effect life in similar ways, locally. But to globally kill all the very large life forms? The theory of a meteorite does explain some things, but not all.

And of course to offer a competing theory that goes beyond acceptable and into the "We are not alone" category, would be rejected immediately. But the evidence remains, in plain sight.

Giordano Bruno (a 16th century Italian philosopher) is reputed to have written in De Immenso: (Bk IV, x, pp. 56-57): “There are those who have believed that there was a certain time (as our Mythologian says) when the moon, which was believed to be younger than the sun, was not yet created. The Arcadians, who dwelt not far from the Po, are believed to have been in existence before it (the moon).” “Theodorus writes in his first book that the moon had appeared a little while before the war which was fought by Hercules against the giants. Aristochius and Dionysius Chalcidensis, in the first of their works, confirm the same.” “Mnaseas said that the Arcadians were born before the moon, and so they were called ‘proselenian’; meaning, ‘before the moon’.”
www.halexandria.org...

Further discussion here www.abovetopsecret.com...

The evidence suggests there was no moon before the war, before the flood. Logically the next question might be, did the moon play a part in the battle, in the flood.

Well for myself the answer is yes, and here is the evidence.

On first observation one might see nothing unusual about this land formation/deformation. Looks natural, right? But is that true? Interestingly enough when one compares the diameter of the circular indentation formed by the South Sandwich Island chain, give or take 300 miles, then compare that diameter to some of the "Dark" circles" of the moon, one might find a connection there. And when you take into consideration that the moon itself has far more water in its "crust" than previously thought possible, then maybe a little bell goes off in your head.

WASHINGTON -- NASA-funded scientists estimate from recent research that the volume of water molecules locked inside minerals in the moon's interior could exceed the amount of water in the Great Lakes here on Earth.
www.nasa.gov...

If, and I do stress, if, the Moon was used in the war, and came into contact with the earth, then water would have been "Wicked" into or onto the Moon.

What result would this have to our globe? When you look at the drag mark it shows the planet, being STOPPED in its rotation. The ridge of the Sandwich Islands is formed when the planet stopped. What global effect would this have? A great wave of global and epic proportions. A wave that could displace an entire ocean and deposit its life forms 5 miles inland, or further. The planet would stop, but the water would continue for a time in its rotation. Massive destruction would ensue ......... A global extinction event. But wait, there's more.

It is said that the deep waters came shooting up from the ground. Could this have happened? Yes

To go further one must have a working knowledge of the true state of our planet, its hollow. And, its hollow with its own forests, trees, and its own deep oceans, Abzu. There are many deep channels that connect from the inner oceans to the outer ones, but not all of them are strictly in the ocean. One such natural spring is the "Blue Hole" in Ohio that simply pump fresh non oxygenated water to the surface. For water to give up its water it must be subjected to weightlessness, and that region is at the center of the crust where both gravities exhaust themselves.

There are several fishing clubs along the stream that keep it well stocked with rainbow and brown trout. The water is without oxygen and thus has to be aerated by waterwheels to sustain the fish.
answers.yahoo.com...

It gushes forth 7,519 gallons of water per minute
So it would seem there is a pressure difference between the interior of the planet, and exterior, naturally. Could the Blue Hole have been one such avenue for the flood waters to have erupted to the surface? The answer seems to be, yes.

To further explore this pressure difference one must look to the Antarctic and a mysterious black cover.
To me, because of the way the snow is pushed away, the air currents are blowing, out.

So it seems the interior of the planet has a bit more pressure than the exterior, naturally. Now how do you cause deep waters to erupt to the surface? If you study the "Hollow Earth" theory you will find that the North pole area has a opening, approximately 300 - 600 miles diameter, depending on the research you have done. It is a hole that warps from concave to convex, water based, and as I suspect, the ancient Sumerians called this region, Nibirue. A perfect sphere of large enough size could "Nest" right inside this opening. And if this were to happen there would be a over pressure condition that would relieve itself by pushing water, from the interior to the exterior, via cave networks, springs, and any other connections, "Blue Hole".

So what you might see on the surface is a blue hole spring ejecting water 50 foot high, or higher. You would also see water levels around the globe increasing as the water has no place to go. And soon, lets say, give or take, 40 days of this activity, complete global flooding. Once everything is inundated, you simply remove the very large "Orb" from the opening, and slowly, water levels will return to near normal levels. Give or take 400 feet of water.

Now, before anyone starts ranting on how all of this is madness and sheer "Lunacy", I agree! I have spoken several times to my guardian angels about all of this and their reply is..
lol lol lol

But sometimes in life you just have to go to the insane, to find the sanity.

But what of the inhabitants of the hollow? Did they too drowned with the rest of humanity? The scriptures answer that question.

Genesis 6:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
After that refers to the war/flood. The "IN" refers to the location.

Good luck to all those who can comprehend all this, your going to need it. The moon, is a Battle Wagon.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

If by some unknown mechanism this water was caused to rise up and combine with the water of the Oceans there would be a worldwide flood just like in the myths.
That same unknown mechanism would also have to extract the water from the minerals in which it is molecularly bound. There is not an ocean of water, there is a deep layer of hydrated minerals.

The water-rich nature of this inclusion, indicated by infrared absorption, along with the preservation of the ringwoodite, is direct evidence that, at least locally, the transition zone is hydrous, to about 1 weight per cent.

www.nature.com...

So, in each pound of mineral there can be as much as about 4 grams of water. Water which can be extracted, but not water which can flow.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Incidentally there has been reported a strange phenomena of spheres of water entering our atmosphere from outside, supposedly these spheres are massive and from unknown origin.
Very interesting in deed. If you could please provide a link to this information.

As to its possible origin, of course knowing my mind, it would have to come from something that produces water. And from what I have read, water is produced by lightning and a few other components that would not originate in the vacuum of space. And, it would seem those elements are available on planets. So the origin of the water must have come from a planet. But which one?

And a likely candidate, would be.. Tiamat.

In Mesopotamian Religion (Sumerian, Assyrian, Akkadian and Babylonian), Tiamat is a chaos monster, a primordial goddess of the ocean, mating with Abzû (the god of fresh water) to produce younger gods.
en.wikipedia.org...

According to the harmonic rule known as Bode's Law, a planet should exist between Mars and Jupiter - some 260 million miles from the Sun.
Beginning in 1801, tiny rock and metallic objects were discovered to be orbiting the Sun at about this distance. Since then, several hundred thousand large asteroids have been catalogued, and it is estimated that there are more than a million 1 km asteroids.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Before the world as we know it was created, said the Babylonians, there was only Tiamat, the dragon goddess of salt waters and Her consort Apsu, god of the fresh sweet water. Both represent the idea of chaos that precedes form and order, which are the foundation of upon which civilization rests. Tiamat and Apsu are the parents of all the Great Gods and Goddesses of Babylon, who came forth from Tiamat´s almighty womb. No pictures are known of Her, but She is normally said to be a fierce Dragoness in form, or the personification of the Untame, Primeval Forces of the Universe before established order. We also know that as Her young offspring of gods and goddesses grew up, they became so noisy to the extent that Father Apsu could find rest at night.
www.gatewaystobabylon.com...

The point of the above isn't to translate mythology into fact, but point to the fact that mythology is based in some truth. Was their a 5th planet that resided in the asteroid belt, by the name of Tiamat?? It seems that the evidence would point to it being a true statement. Was that planet destroyed leaving all of its bits and pieces, and (Apsu) oceans, left to float about in space, some 65 million years ago?

Then if all the previous is true in some fashion, then it is reasonable to assume your floating water balls could have finally found their way here. Possible origin: Tiamat.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, nice avatar, where did you get the inspiration for it...?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Just watched the trailer for the new Noah movie and noticed that at 1:55 it shows the waters of the Absu bursting out of the ground like huge fountains.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

And Russel Crowe is in the movie so it must be real.
(Pretty crappy ratings so far)

There is no sea in the Earth's mantle.

edit on 4/1/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The ringwoodite sample contained 1.5 percent water as you would expect for a stone that formed in a wet environment it does not mean all the water is bound as hydride as you have stated. They are using the ringwoodite stone as an indicator that there is water down there, free unbound water.

“The issue of whether the transition zone contains abundant water remains highly controversial.” But Pearson himself is now convinced, telling the Edmonton Journal, “What you can definitely say from our finding is that there are oases of water, wet spots, in the deep Earth. Now, if you extrapolate it to the whole of this area we call the transition zone, it means there might be the same mass of water as what’s held in all of the world’s oceans.”

In an accompanying Nature article, University of Bayreuth geochemist Hans Keppler cautions that no firm conclusions can be made based on the single ringwoodite sample. Still, he writes that the most likely scenario does in fact point to large reservoirs of water trapped deep underground.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

A "wet spot" is not free water. Your first quote is talking about hydrated minerals, just like what Pearson says in his published paper. He say "same mass", there could be the same mass of water, that does not mean it is free water. The Moon has a great mass of water, also locked in minerals.

In the same way, your second quote is not talking about free water. It is talking about water locked in minerals, as water is locked in minerals on the Moon.

The title of the published article is "Hydrous mantle transition zone indicated by ringwoodite included within diamond". It is not "Ringwoodite included within diamond indicates oceans of free water beneath Earth's Crust".

hydrous (ˈhaɪdrəs)
adj
1. (Chemistry) containing water
2. (Chemistry) (of a chemical compound) combined with water molecules: hydrous copper sulphate, CuSO4.5H2O.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

edit on 4/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I disagree with your interpretation, also I know well what a hydride is so don't require the quote.

"the most likely scenario does in fact point to large reservoirs of water trapped deep underground"

"What you can definitely say from our finding is that there are oases of water, wet spots, in the deep Earth"

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I disagree with your interpretation, also I know well what a hydride is so don't require the quote
That's good. I wasn't sure you knew that. But neither the article about the published article nor the published article itself mentions liquid water. Vast quantities of liquid water beneath Earth's crust would be a very, very significant discovery. However, the study neither states nor implies that there are vast quantities of liquid water below Earth's crust. Here it is. Perhaps you can point out where it states or implies that there are vast quantities of liquid water beneath the Earth's crust.
ruby.colorado.edu...

Here is an article from 2005 which speculates about the existence of a hydrous region which the more recent discovery provides evidence for:

The transition zone has a storage capacity of approximately 0.5-1 wt% due to a water solubility of about 1-3 wt% in wadsleyite and ringwoodite, which are the major constituents of the transition zone. Thus, the transition zone may be a major water reservoir in the Earth's interior. Recent geophysical observations suggest the existence of the hydrated transition zone beneath subduction zones. Water or hydrogen may be transported as far as the bottom of the lower mantle by reacting with metallic iron in the lower mantle to form hydrous phases or iron hydride.

elements.geoscienceworld.org.../1/25

This is the same mechanism discussed in the current study. No vast stores of liquid water in the mantle. Vast amounts of hydrated minerals carried downward by subduction.

Seismic data does not indicate the presence of vast quantities of liquid water beneath Earth's crust, nor does this discovery. It validates hypotheses about the presence of highly hydrated minerals within the mantle. There could well be a lot of water down there but it can't flow. It can't flood the surface.

edit on 4/3/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

But that kinda technology, to call up the waters from deep within the absu shows they can manipulate weather.
Perhaps this was a natural event, one that could not be stopped yet was predicted. The gods saw it coming and said nothing because they didn’t like the inhabitants of Earth, all except for Noah or whomever the Sumerian great flood myth hero was.

reply to post by LUXUS

I can’t help but think of Immanuel Velikovsky as I read this thread. I hope you don’t mind if I comment a bit in that direction.

Objects in orbit have a velocity away from the Earth that is matched by the rate they are falling. They are actually freefalling around the world. There is a spot between Earth and Moon that has a net gravity attraction of zero, the two cancel each other out. If a much larger object than the Moon was closer to the Earth this zero gravity spot would of course be closer. I believe Velikovsky claimed this object to be Venus and it rained down all sorts of stuff onto Earth; salt water, soil, fire, plant seeds/tubers and even insects. Imagine what the tidal effects of such an event could create. This is all hypothetical as there is no geological evidence of a global flood, not that I know of anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

You piqued my interest with the dates of these events.

When the ice dam containing the Great Missoula Lake burst through (c. 14,000 BC)…
When the famed meteor strike hit somewhere around Hudson Bay, (c. 10,500 BC)
Could you confirm these with a link. I was wondering if there could be a connection to the Younger Dryas event that was thought to have happened around 12,900 years ago.

to my knowledge, scientists have NEVER found any geological evidence confirming that the ENTIRE EARTH was ever completely covered in water since mankind has been around.
I always love these old flood stories but I came to the same conclusion. If there was a global flood in human history or even in the last ½ million years there should be evidence of it. How is it that we can pull up ice cores form the arctic showing 300,000 years (layers) if there was a worldwide flood?

There must be other bits of evidence that a flood could not have happened similar to this example. How would one go about looking for evidence of a worldwide catastrophic flood event?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join