It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apsu of Sumerians confirmed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

"When the sky above was not named,
And the earth beneath did not yet bear a name,
And the primeval Apsû, who begat them,
And chaos, Tiamat, the mother of them both,
Their waters were mingled together,
And no field was formed, no marsh was to be seen;
When of the gods none had been called into being."

In the beginning there was not a piece of dry land in existence not even the cap of a mountain was visible. No flying of crawling thing yet existed for all land was submerged beneath the veil of commingled waters. Apzu (Apsu) the fresh water and Tiamat the salty water were continually mixing.

The Gods chant spells and Apzu (the fresh water) is put into a coma and sinks down beneath the Earth. Now that the waters are separated , Apzu beneath the surface of the Earth and Tiamat (salty water) above the surface of the Earth dry land comes into existence.

Things begin to grow from the earth, crawling things and flying things inhabit the Earth. Man begins to build city s and tills the soil for crops.

In time the gods grow angry with man (actually the demigods) and plan to destroy them, Enlil sends the flood,the waters of the deep are reawakened and rise up from the deep. The salt water of the ocean and fresh waters of the apzu once more commingle and Earth is plunged under water. Being warned in advance humans build a ship and ride out the great flood.

"Make all living beings go up into the boat.
The boat which you are to build,
its dimensions must measure equal to each other:
its length must correspond to its width.
Roof it over like the Apsu"

"Just as dawn began to glow
the land assembled around me
the carpenter carried his hatchet,
the reed worker carried his (flattening) stone,the men ...
The child carried the pitch,
the weak brought whatever else was needed.
On the fifth day I laid out her exterior.
It was a field in area, its walls were each 10 times 12 cubits in height,
the sides of its top were of equal length, 10 times It cub
its each.
I laid out its (interior) structure and drew a picture of it (?).
I provided it with six decks,thus dividing it into seven (levels).
The inside of it I divided into nine (compartments).
I drove plugs (to keep out) water in its middle part."

"The boat was finished by sunset.
The launching was very difficult.
They had to keep carrying a runway of poles front to back,
until twothirds of it had gone into the water(?).
Whatever I had I loaded on it:
whatever silver I had I loaded on it,
whatever gold I had I loaded on it.
All the living beings that I had I loaded on it,
I had all my kith and kin go up into the boat,
all the beasts and animals of the field and the craftsmen"

"The gods were frightened by the Flood,
and retreated, ascending to the heaven of Anu.
The gods were cowering like dogs, crouching by the outer wall.
Ishtar shrieked like a woman in childbirth,the sweet
voiced Mistress of the Gods wailed:
'The olden days have alas turned to clay,
because I said evil things in the Assembly of the Gods!
How could I say evil things in the Assembly of the Gods,
ordering a catastrophe to destroy my people!!
No sooner have I given birth to my dear people
than they fill the sea like so many fish!'The gods
those of the Anunnaki were weeping with her,
the gods humbly sat weeping, sobbing with grief(?),
their lips burning parched with thirst.
Six days and seven nights came the wind and flood, the storm flattening the land.
When the seventh day arrived, the storm was pounding,
the flood was a war struggling with itself like a woman
writhing (in labor).
The sea calmed, fell still, the whirlwind (and) flood stopped up.
I looked around all day long quiet had set in
and all the human beings had turned to clay!
The terrain was as flat as a roof"

"I sent forth a raven and released it.
The raven went off, and saw the waters slither back.
It eats, it scratches, it bobs, but does not circle back to me.
Then I sent out everything in all directions and sacrificed (a sheep).
I offered incense in front of the mountain ziggurat.
Seven and seven cult vessels I put in place,
and (into the fire) underneath (or: into their bowls) I poured
reeds, cedar, and myrtle.
The gods smelled the savor,
the gods smelled the sweet savor,
and collected like flies over a (sheep) sacrifice.
Just then Beletili arrived. he lifted up the large flies (beads) which Anu had made for
his enjoyment(!):'You gods, as surely as I shall not forget this lapis lazuli around my neck,
may I be mindful of these days, and never forget them!
The gods may come to the incense offering,
but Enlil may not come to the incense offering,
because without considering he brought about the Flood
and consigned my people to annihilation.'
Just then Enlil arrived.
He saw the boat and became furious,
he was filled with rage at the Igigi gods:
'Where did a living being escape?
No man was to survive the annihilation!"

(Epic of Gilgamesh)

Scientists have recently confirmed the existence of the Apzu, it is thought to be a layer 410-660 km below earths surface. It is thought that there is more water down there then all the water of the Earths oceans combined. If by some unknown mechanism this water was caused to rise up and combine with the water of the Oceans there would be a worldwide flood just like in the myths. Its discovery was made by measuring water content of a black (dirty) diamond which was formed 500 km below earths surface.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sounds like Mars' underground water supply, too.

Life began in the water.. IMO on/IN mars first

nuwaupianism.com... alaxy/155-ask-the-nuwaupians-why-is-the-term-used-for-water-the-name-for-the-sun-in-york-s-pseudo-19th-galaxy

Abzu: a ritual water container in the Sumerian temple, in Akkadian it's,

apsû "(cosmic) underground water". It's used 195 times in Sumerian literature with 21 distinct forms.

abzu, 159

abzu-ta, 40

abzu-še3, 30

abzu-a, 26

abzu-ke4, 15

abzu-ĝa2, 9

abzu-ka, 8

abzu-na, 7

abzu-gin7, 5

abzu-ba, 2

abzu-ni, 2

abzu-me, 2

abzu-ke4-ne, 1

abzu-zu, 1

abzu-e, 1

abzu-ka-ni, 1

abzu-a-še3, 1

abzu-da, 1

ab-zu-gin7, 1

abzu-bi, 1

abzux-ta, 1

Water in temple.. 'holy' water

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The Apsu is the Sun. The Ab.zu is lower Africa. The Ab.zu was considered to be literally the "lower world".

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

There is something called the hydroplate theory and also has more credence added to it by this,
www.youtube.com...
Very interesting thread.
S+F

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well, we already proved the big bang created the universe, so when it said, "the waters comingled" I interpreted that to be how they interpreted the singularity. So that's how I read everything else. Metaphorically.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

well, there is your flood

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
nice one danbones

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
"The olden days have alas turned to clay"

I think its amazing that we have the oldest written story known to man talking about "the olden days" the days before the flood and if you watched any of the footage of the tsunami which hit Indonesia you will know exactly what it means when it says:

"all the human beings had turned to clay! The terrain was as flat as a roof"

They could only know this by seeing it and experiencing it yet Sumer was inland and quite far from the sea also I have never been there but it always thought it was a sandy place not a clayey place? Maybe they are just recounting story's from another land at another time far far back in their recollection.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Apsu, or Abzu?

Apsu

Ap (áp-) is the Vedic Sanskrit term for "water", in Classical Sanskrit occurring only in the plural, āpas (sometimes re-analysed as a thematic singular, āpa-), whence Hindi āp. The term is from PIE hxap "water". The Indo-Iranian word survives also, as the Persian word for water, Āb, e.g. in Punjab (from panj-āb "five waters"). Here, a similarity can be seen between the concept of 'Ap'(Waters/River) and the Sumerian 'Ab'(Ocean), which is a language that is widely believed to be a language isolate. In archaic ablauting contractions, the laryngeal of the PIE root remains visible in Vedic Sanskrit, e.g. pratīpa- "against the current", from *proti-hxp-o-.
"Waters/Rivers"

Abzu

The Abzu (Cuneiform: 𒍪 𒀊, ZU.AB; Sumerian: abzu; Akkadian: apsû) also called engur, (Cuneiform:𒇉, LAGAB×HAL; Sumerian: engur; Akkadian: engurru) literally, ab='water' (or 'semen') zu='to know' or 'deep' was the name for fresh water from underground aquifers that was given a religious fertilizing quality in Sumerian and Akkadian mythology. Lakes, springs, rivers, wells, and other sources of fresh water were thought to draw their water from the abzu.
"Water/ Deep"

Apzu beneath the surface of the Earth
Seems to me that Abzu would be more fitting.

Tiamat, the mother of them both
Where is the tie in for this word? Tiamat is salty water, but from where, if the Abzu is fresh water.....

The gods may come to the incense offering,
but Enlil may not come to the incense offering,
because without considering he brought about the Flood
and consigned my people to annihilation.'
Just then Enlil arrived.
He saw the boat and became furious,
he was filled with rage at the Igigi gods:
'Where did a living being escape?
No man was to survive the annihilation!"
Enlil must be one of the Igigi gods, who brought the flood to earth?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So much forgotten knowledge, if only we could all take heed.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
We cant "take heed" because all of the information is not yet available. It seems only hand picked bits of the past are tossed on the ground. Take heed of what, or who? The Igigi? For sure! But it seems the Igigi had it out for all mankind, at least. Did this somehow change in some way?

We just, I, just cant seem to understand when the igig (Enlil) stopped trying to destroy mankind. If you think about it, flooding the entire planet was actually a very desperate thing to do, and I might add, showing extreme contempt or hatred, fear, of mankind's potential. If they would flood a entire planet, are there really any limits to what the Igigi would go to destroy their enemies?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Its not as simple as gods and humans, there were gods, demigods (human/god hybrids) and humans, my understanding is that the gods wanted the demigods dead because they were frightened of their capability's.

But that kinda technology, to call up the waters from deep within the absu shows they can manipulate weather. When you think about it its the perfect weapon, mass destruction on a global scale but no nuclear fallout!!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

All Seeing Eye

Rosinitiate
Take heed of what, or who? The Igigi? For sure! But it seems the Igigi had it out for all mankind, at least. Did this somehow change in some way?

Well there was that time a covenant was made between the Israelite and their god who promised never to send floods etc if they kept their covenant with him. Well we can guess the real identity of that god.....Enlil

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

LUXUS

Its not as simple as gods and humans, there were gods, demigods (human/god hybrids) and humans, my understanding is that the gods wanted the demigods dead because they were frightened of their capability's.

But that kinda technology, to call up the waters from deep within the absu shows they can manipulate weather. When you think about it its the perfect weapon, mass destruction on a global scale but no nuclear fallout!!

The technology responsible for the flood may be quite confused. Yes, weather patterns did change in great ways, but the mechanism of the flood may be far more simple to understand. And honestly, the Igigi, Lord God, or what ever you care to call them, Enlil, ect, simply can not replicate the great flood. Its not that God said he would never do it again because of compassion or love, but they just don't have any more water to dump on us.

In my research, this planet went through at least two major floods, maybe more, and before mankind was around.. Why do you find fields miles inland with large deposits of sea fearing bones? Because they were washed there by a great "wave".

What would cause such a great wave? Dumping mass amounts of water into the ocean. What else could cause such a wave? Run with a bucket of water and stop real sudden. You stop, but the waters continue.

"Before the flood, there was no moon". Does it not seem rather odd to anyone that the moon has massive amounts of water in it? Rumors of a hollow moon? Tiamat, the water planet, now the asteroid belt, minus its waters?

What is so technologically advanced about a spherical hollow bucket?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

In order to understand how it is done you need to reread the OP, there is enough water to flood the world again, all you need to do is cause the waters of the Apsu to rise up out of the ground and spill into the oceans.

BTW I think Absu and Abzu is the same thing just that one is an American spelling (z) whilst the other is an English spelling (s)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

LUXUS

In order to understand how it is done you need to reread the OP, there is enough water to flood the world again, all you need to do is cause the waters of the Apsu to rise up out of the ground and spill into the oceans.

BTW I think Absu and Abzu is the same thing just that one is an American spelling (z) whilst the other is an English spelling (s)

No, I do understand what he is sharing, but its never going to happen, as long as gravity works the way it does right now. I agree, there is enough water inside the planet to cause a global flood once again, but luckily for humanity, water seeks its own level, and tends to stay there, once it gets there..

all you need to do is cause the waters of the Apsu to rise up out of the ground and spill into the oceans.
There is a way to have the subterranean waters to come up to the surface but that would involve something everyone would see, and thwart. It may also lead to the complete destruction of our planet. So I will not share that here......

Abzu and Apsu are not the same things, and not interchangeable, one is of rivers/ waters and one is of deep oceans.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

All Seeing Eye
No, I do understand what he is sharing, but its never going to happen, as long as gravity works the way it does right now. I agree, there is enough water inside the planet to cause a global flood once again, but luckily for humanity, water seeks its own level, and tends to stay there, once it gets there..

Ever seen a mountain spring? what causes the water to ascend against gravity all the way up to the top of the mountain where it erupts out the top and forms a stream of fresh ice cold spring water to descend the mountain...everything has an opposite, even gravity

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

LUXUS

All Seeing Eye

Ever seen a mountain spring? what causes the water to ascend against gravity all the way up to the top of the mountain where it erupts out the top and forms a stream of fresh ice cold spring water to descend the mountain...everything has an opposite, even gravity

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Hello Luxus, I have read about the theory that the flood came from waters already in the earth, I can follow that theory to a degree, but is this phenomena anything like an artesian well or is this different ?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

phinubian
reply to post by LUXUS

Hello Luxus, I have read about the theory that the flood came from waters already in the earth, I can follow that theory to a degree, but is this phenomena anything like an artesian well or is this different ?

Its similar in that there is a layer of water saturation in the ground however its different in that artesian wells form in valleys only where the water flows down a gravity gradient and the underground water saturation layer is local. The Apsu is much deeper, is not a local layer of water saturation but extends through the entire crust of the Earth and contains vastly more water, thought to be equal to all the water of all the oceans combined.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join