It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are We Paying for Michele's Vacation? She Wasn't Elected

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I don't understand the mindset that thinks it's okay to take vacations costing millions of dollars when our economy is in the toilet.

I don't care if these are the wife and children of the president. They weren't elected. Supposedly, he was.

I object to footing the bill for these vacations to expensive places. I object to Michele's mother abusing people because she thinks it's okay to push people around. Isn't our reputation sullied enough?

Such vacations should be paid for out of their private funds. If they can't pay then they don't go, just like everyone else.

I'm completely disgusted with this "presidency". It is the Entitlement Presidency.
edit on 3/24/2014 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
President Barack Obama : 92 days of vacation
President* George W. Bush : 367 days of vacation**
Who the Entitlement President again?

By the way, are you seriously suggesting that they shouldn't vacation with hubby and Dad??

* one term election.
** as counted by Politfact

Somewhere left of Entitled Voters....

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Cyprian

By the way, are you seriously suggesting that they shouldn't vacation with hubby and Dad??

* one term election.

He's not vacationing with them. They're on their own.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Fine..let them, then. There are seriously far more important things to worry about than Michelle and the kids getting out iof that toxic environment for a bit.

somewhere waiting for my holiday

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyprian

President’s Euro-Trip Flights Cost Over $6.6 Million, Most Internationally Traveled over First 5 Years

Linky

Looks like Obama still gets top prize

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
inb4 republicans start posting like Obama was the first president to do such things...

and Go!
edit on 3/24/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

luciddream
inb4 republicans start posting like Obama was the first president to do such things...

and Go!
edit on 3/24/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

How many presidents did it during a recession/depression?

(Or are we still in a "recovery"?)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The 'Have Nots' always pay the way for the 'Haves'.

To be one of the 'Haves', you deed to be born into that realm, or become well connected by studying corruption and how to use it to your advantage.

Kidding aside, our system is set up to pay for these things. We could buck the system, but it's unlikely to change anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think they're getting in their big vacations because they can do it on the taxpayer dime. Zero ethics.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would fully support sending the first family on an 18 month vacation at taxpayer expense, provided the POTUS signs no legislation during that time. I think it would be cheaper for the nation in the long run and it would preserve what few liberties we have left.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Obama is only Bush 2.0

Unfortunately the bugs were supposed to have been worked out (he promised and lied like a corporate leader) but instead we have a crappier version then the first.

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I have an idea!!!

Leers pay for every First Ladies vacation till the black guy!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Is that all you can think of to add to this thread??..

Obama isn't the first President to spend so much on a vacation trip, but that doesn't mean it's okay. It's unnecessary to spend that much, even for the President. I'd never spent anything close to that much money on a vacation, especially if my family was broke and jobless.

I'm not the President, so I don't have all the security that comes along, among other things, but being the President doesn't mean our tax money is his personal bank account.
edit on 24-3-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

ArtemisE

I have an idea!!!

Leers pay for every First Ladies vacation till the black guy!!!

I don't think any of them should be paid for.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I agree with everything you said except the worse part. Obama has been a very no nothing special nothing horrible pres. I think bush was the worst pres. In the modern era.......where I'd put Obama as a middle of the road pres.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by jude11

I agree with everything you said except the worse part. Obama has been a very no nothing special nothing horrible pres. I think bush was the worst pres. In the modern era.......where I'd put Obama as a middle of the road pres.

You're kidding, right? Obama is the weakest president we've ever had. Putin is pushing him around left and right. No other president would have taken what Putin is dishing out except maybe Carter.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Cyprian

* one term election.

Those facts go a long way in explaining how we got in this mess and why we are still in this mess. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Restricted

ArtemisE
reply to post by jude11

You're kidding, right? Obama is the weakest president we've ever had. Putin is pushing him around left and right. No other president would have taken what Putin is dishing out except maybe Carter.

How is Obama the weakest president? Because he isn't willing to go to war at the drop of a hat? Do you think he should have threatened military action because Crimea voted to join Russia? Funny how people like to talk about how strong Putin is but when Obama acts that way they cry he is being a dictator.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
"We The People" should not have to bear the burden of any elected official's unofficial travel. Period. The President, like every other government employee gets a paycheck... he can pay for his own damned vacations and for his family's travel as well. I understand the need for the Secret Service to travel with the President and his family... for them it is official travel, and I am quite OK with that...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Nobody said anything about going to war. Stop putting words in my mouth.

In the war of words they are waging Obama is the clear loser.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join