It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are We Paying for Michele's Vacation? She Wasn't Elected

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Restricted
reply to post by Grimpachi

It is ridiculous to define anything the unelected do as official business. That's the problem right there.

While I agree to some extent with you, you have to remember it isn't just the first lady. Do you not think senators and congressmen spouses get perks? When I was in the military I once looked up the perks generals get and I was surprised to find out their spouses get a clothing allowance that totaled more than what I made an entire year as an E-5. Justification I was told was because spouses were expected to attend official gatherings. I am sure such justifications are used throughout the governments.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm not asking that life be fair. I AM asking that it be reasonable!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Grimpachi
The cost is in the security for them. Having them assassinated or worse taken hostage is not an option.

Woah, now. Let's not be hasty. It's only prudent to keep our options open.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Cyprian
President Barack Obama : 92 days of vacation
President* George W. Bush : 367 days of vacation**
Who the Entitlement President again?

By the way, are you seriously suggesting that they shouldn't vacation with hubby and Dad??

* one term election.
** as counted by Politfact

Somewhere left of Entitled Voters....

Misinfo and misleading.

Many of Dubya's trips were to his Texas ranch or place in Maine. much cheaper going home than what Obama does at 5 star resorts.

And, if you are going to one of your other houses, is it really a vacation?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

But if spending was fairer you would have less debt.

Hell if millions are spent of cloths for generals wifes think on things like armor and other life saveing equipment that may be skimped on?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That family seems to travel to places all around the world. Has that family ever spent a vacation at Camp David? is that not the place for the Presidents and their family's when they go on Vacation?

At least Bush went to the Farm as strange as that may sound.

So I know there is someone out there that knows were all the Vacations were at would be interesting to see were all the last lets say 5 presidents spent their vacations.

I will have to look this one up.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Life isn't fair nor is it reasonable. Never as been. I was real pissed when the military decided dragon skin armor wasn't worth it hell they would'nt even let us use it if we bought it. Generals could and did.

I think before any of us should expect our politicians to start acting reasonable we as a nation need to start acting reasonable. ATM the political parties are so far away from meeting in the middle I just do not see that happening.

As far as money going to the military there is plenty. The problem is politics in the military same as in the civilian world.

True story: My first 2 years in the Army I was attached to an Apachi Unit and every year they had to use all the money in their budget or else their budget could be cut. So each year we went through our conexes and threw away all kinds of stuff just to reorder it again(as long as there was a small flaw in it). I remember there were these brass 10,000 lbs chains for the helicopters (brass because the static wouldn't build up) I think they listed for 6K each. Well after the end of the day a couple guys from my squad and myself would dive the dumpsters and grab anything metal then throw it in the back of my truck.

A quick trip to the scrap yard and we had beer money to last us months. Beer back then was probably our biggest expense. Imagine that going on all across the world in every unit year after year. It isn't right it isn't fair it isn't even reasonable, but things like that happen at every level of governments. I can't even think of things becoming fair without us at least defining what is reasonable which has not been done.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Can we agree that subsidizing the vacations of unelected personages is unreasonable?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Restricted
Can we agree that subsidizing the vacations of unelected personages is unreasonable?

Subsidising any vacation full stop is wrong.

Last time I checked the US president got a wage,

So he should dam well use that wage to pay for his oen holidays like the rest of you Americans. Why should he expect the hard working tax payer to cover it when many of you cant afford holidays of your own?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

crazyewok

Restricted

Subsidising any vacation full stop is wrong.

Last time I checked the US president got a wage,

So he should dam well use that wage to pay for his oen holidays like the rest of you Americans. Why should he expect the hard working tax payer to cover it when many of you cant afford holidays of your own?

I like how you think.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Oh yeah we can agree on that now if there were only some way to change the policies and the multitudes of other unreasonable things the governments does, but we cant even get term limits imposed on congress so I think ranting is as far as this will go.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

HanzHenry

Cyprian

By the way, are you seriously suggesting that they shouldn't vacation with hubby and Dad??

* one term election.

Misinfo and misleading.

Many of Dubya's trips were to his Texas ranch or place in Maine. much cheaper going home than what Obama does at 5 star resorts.

And, if you are going to one of your other houses, is it really a vacation?

My thoughts are a mirror of your own. I've been on a 'vacation' ONCE in my entire life. There will not be another, because I cannot personally justify the expense.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hi Restricted,

The Low Information Voters approved this, and other vacations.
edit on 24/3/14 by Adonsa because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/3/14 by Adonsa because: Corrected addressee

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

buster2010

Restricted

ArtemisE
reply to post by jude11

I agree with everything you said except the worse part. Obama has been a very no nothing special nothing horrible pres. I think bush was the worst pres. In the modern era.......where I'd put Obama as a middle of the road pres.

You're kidding, right? Obama is the weakest president we've ever had. Putin is pushing him around left and right. No other president would have taken what Putin is dishing out except maybe Carter.

How is Obama the weakest president? Because he isn't willing to go to war at the drop of a hat? Do you think he should have threatened military action because Crimea voted to join Russia? Funny how people like to talk about how strong Putin is but when Obama acts that way they cry he is being a dictator.

He has threatened others with military action for less .

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Obama says that people should give things up that are not necessary if they can't afford them ....well our country is not doing so well but can afford to pay that much for a vacation ? Isn't there something more useful that money could have been used for ?
Hope she flies Malaysia airlines .

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by Restricted

I have an idea!!!

Leers pay for every First Ladies vacation till the black guy!!!

that him with the white comme mommy

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

JHumm
Obama says that people should give things up that are not necessary if they can't afford them ....well our country is not doing so well but can afford to pay that much for a vacation ? Isn't there something more useful that money could have been used for ?
Hope she flies Malaysia airlines .

Exactly.

It you tax money being used to pay for the political class holidays.

With 17 Trillion debt and hard working people barely scrapping by why the hell should tax money be spend on such useless luxury's?

If the President wants a holiday then he can use his OWN wages to buy it him self. Hell he should even be allowed to use government planes or transports either like Air force 1 for no official business. He should pay for his OWN transport too!

It disgusting that the American people cant afford hundreds of days of holidays in luxury resorts yet the president is using YOUR own money to do it himself!
edit on 25-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Cyprian

* one term election.

How much vacation time does the average american get?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Biigs

How much vacation time does the average american get?

Good point,

why is the US president entitled to more holiday than a normal working American?

Our Prime Misters the same.

Why should they get all these freebees?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Why are we paying for MICHELLES MOTHER to go on vacation to China?
It's bad enough that Grandma has been living, rent free, in the WHite House all this time.
Why is she on this trip too??

Washington Times - Michelle Obamas China Trip Taxing Hotel Employees

Staff workers at the Westin Beijing told the Daily Mail that First lady Michelle Obama, her mother and two daughters have apparently outstayed their welcome. They have been staying in the $8,350-pre-night presidential suite in Beijing since Thursday.

According to one concierge staff member, the Obama women have inconvenienced “pretty much everyone” and the first lady’s mother, Marian Robinson, has been “barking at the staff” since she arrived.

“We can’t wait for this to be over, to tell you the truth,” the staffer told the Daily Mail. “We entertain many important people here, but this has been, I think very different.”

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join