It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what the children were watching on Disney

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I love Gravity Falls. That said, I agree that it's not for really young kids as it's pretty dark. I let my 10 year old daughter watch it though. The whole premise of the show is that it is a mysterious place where strange things happen all the time. I feel it's a pretty smart show aimed at parents as well as kids. Certainly better than the crap on TeenNick. I believe the illuminati symbolism is there on purpose and is a bit tongue and cheek. Free Mason insignia is everywhere. I get a great laugh looking for All Seeing Eyes, Masonic symbols, and NWO jokes. There are even ciphers at the end of every episode to figure out.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

The show is dark but the morals seem to be in the right place.

You guys have to watch this episode in full like I just did.. Hahaha... Its basically everything I like mixed into one thing. I just laughed at a cartoon for the first time in a long time.

ahh dang... "To be continued."

I feel like a kid again.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Cow 'N' Chicken snm...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

GreenManXphile
wow. i gotta say... and mind you im not easily convinced about this kinda thing... but that cartoon was totally blatant. especially the part where the all seeing eye mentioned the universe being an illusion and a holographic simulation... that kinda stood out a bit...

i mean i've seen tons of cartoons with secret society and esoteric undertones in my 27 years on earth, but that was just, BAM! in your face subliminal messaging if ive ever seen it.

they arent even hiding it anymore. this could be their downfall, or not if no one else but us notices.

edit on 24-3-2014 by GreenManXphile because: spelling error

Thank you for enlightening me on the Shriners/Mason thing. I had no idea. Do you get to drive one of those little cars in parades?

All good-natured ribbing aside, I'm a little confused...
Since you are both and since esoteric imagery is used in your group(s), why do you fear it being shown on a cartoon?
Wouldn't it help to draw interest for your groups? I have raised my children to question everything, and I have more than a passing interest in "hidden" knowledge that has been passed down through the eons, yet I dont think that it is anything more than an homage in a colorful work of fiction and no threat to kids. Sorry, verbal diarrhea...need some coffee.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So I guess shows will have to start having warnings like, Warning Crazy Conspiracy People May Be Made More Crazy By This Episode.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ive never seen it, but it seems awesome. More like an adult swim show. The symbolism is all intentional. Its a cartoon about the conspiracy worls in real life. In this one episode we see the all seeing eye, telepathy, Bigfoot, reality is a hologram.

I would've loved it as a kid. I liked shows that were weird and exciting as a kid. Better when its scary.. and thinga great humor. Im gonna start watching it.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That is just TOO weird. And creepy. Especially the deer teeth.

I tried to pause and look at the images the "eye" was showing when he said "I know lots of things." I saw UFO's, crop circles, a book with a 3 on it, the pyramids, stone henge, JFK, the moon landing, and even an image that looked like the twin towers...

There were a couple at the very beginning that I couldn't catch. I'd love it if someone, who has the skills, would post each one individually.

Definitely weird, I'd never let my kid watch this!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Not really seeing what the problem is. If you watch the whole series it's all about these twins (brother and sister) getting into all sorts of adventures with the supernatural. I have this show on DVR and can't wait for season 2 to start this summer. But then again I also watch the show Supernatural on the CW.

Gravity Falls is all centered around the 3 books. The pig looking guy has one, the brother has one, and the Uncle secretly has the 3rd book. You need all 3 books to do something although it hasn't been revealed yet. The Uncle has a secret lair of sorts. At the season finale of season 1 he has collected all 3 books and takes them into his lair. If I remember right a device is activated before the episode ends.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

GreenManXphile
reply to post by the owlbear

all shriners are master masons. i happen to be both myself. regardless i had the same thought about these cartoons being written by adults. but even that being said, from my point of view there was an awful lot of esoteric symbolism packed into that episode... someone writing for that show has to be at least somewhat well read in this sorta stuff.... but who knows? maybe a higher up at disney made sure that symbolism made it in the episode.

I would likely guess that most of the artists from disney are pretty up to date with modern culture. Nowadays that includes all of this esoteric knowledge. They were always pushing the progressive envelope with their art. Look at fantasia, and the trippy stuff in dumbo, or Pinocchio.

Have you ever seen disney's collaboration with Dali?

Destino

m.youtube.com...

This is amazing work full of symbolism.

Walt disney was a mason and he was also a DeMolay. That is a youth group strongly supported by the masons. I have been a DeMolay since i was 13. Any male can join between the ages of 13-21. So he was well aware of the meaning of his portrayals of ritual in his films and actively included things that no one without the knowledge ( or outside of the organisation)would see. Thats not even conspiracy stuff. This is pretty common knowledge nowadays.

As far as the OP i think the show is actually pretty well written for the topic it deals with. Lots of shows are doing this, but i do agree that it may be a bit mature for some little ones. Remember courage the cowardly dog, or adventure time?? It will likely raise some questions for kids. That could be a good thing. If your child noticed that you prob wouldnt like that they were watching it, and told you about it, then id say your prob doing a good job parenting.

edit on 24-3-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

That is just TOO weird. And creepy. Especially the deer teeth.

Yeah there was a lot of 'stuff' goin on there.
But the deer teeth part also made me cringe. I think that was a little too... "not right" I mean It's just unnerving. It's one thing to have a dark-themed cartoon, but this is crossing the line a little in terms of children/adult appropriate. There are enough dark and scary things going on in the world in which children are growing up in I don't think we need to add to it.

The rest of it however, I found very interesting and entertaining, Id watch this show myself, but with that said if and when I have kids and if this show is on or one similar to it they won't be watching it until they are little older, maybe 10-12, and even then I will attempt to persuade them to do something else. Not that I disagree with the show, but I would try to promote more in the direction of a 'normal' childhood first (whatever that means lol) as much as I could.

I used to read a lot of children's books when I was little, I mean "a lot" and there are some things; pages in some of them that still to this day I visually remember and still find them somewhat disturbing. Kids remember things.

edit on 3/24/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Gravity Falls is one of those cartoons that is aimed more at older kids, not really young ones. It's the kind of thing you'd watch coming home from junior high or high school because it's sort of a geeky type cartoon with more adult-themed humor in it. It's sort of a guilty pleasure on geek sites. It's intended to be sort of dark and paranormal.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
People act like this show was written by some whistle blowing "illuminatian".... It's 2014 and people like seeing stuff like this. It's kind of like those old bugs bunny cartoons their was alot of hidden messages, the creators where smart and knew how to put thoughts onto screen. But it doesn't make it true... Thats where the fine line of stupidity lies...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

pheonix358

Going all the way back to the late sixties there have always been some weird cartoons and some are very dark ..... to you. To kids, not so much.

actually it goes back to at least ww2, with the propaganda stuff they contracted for. i would be rather surprised if there are no "Disney" threads around here somewhere dealing with a lot of it already.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Looks more like the creators are more interested in associating the eye of providence with evil to me. Which is ridiculous seeing as the eye in the triangle was borrowed by the "illuminati" to associate themselves with power because in truth the eye in the triangle was a symbol of god being all seeing.

The fact that in the cartoon has the guy summon a demon and it is in this form tell me that they themselves associate this symbol with demons and evil. I think it is more a way to broadcast their own beliefs and propagate that belief.

Do not buy into the illuminati garbage. It is only there to make you sound like a paranoid conspiracy theorist so others wont believe you when you tell them there is a group of losers that control the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
"Reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram."
Nicely put.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

look at it this way, in that episode the all seeing eye in the pyramid is painted as the bad guy, an all powerful all knowing demon in fact, which is summoned by a selfish greedy fat pig whom seeks to destroy the honest mans property and land in the interest of profit, the children are painted as the heros who save the honest man from the all seeing eye pyramid by using powers they had not known they had, the all seeing eye pyramid survives but is driven off but not before giving the children a word of caution, "a darkness approaches, a day will come in the future when everything you care about will change, until then ill be watching you. ill be watching you. (repeated)" exact quote.

oh and the all seeing eye pyramid says his name is Bill Cypher.

there was lots of other symbolism in the video but all that is what stood out to me the most.

oh and what the hell was up with the code at the very end of the video? screenshot imgur.com...
edit on 3/25/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sorry never heard of DINsey You mean Disney?

Hmm I suspect the real conspiracy is the subtle way you are trying to trick me and others into forgeting how to spell...
edit on 25-3-2014 by abeverage because: no errors I swear!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Seems to me the people who would be offended by this are same sorta religious nut bags that think Harry Potter is teaching kids witchcraft lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

pryingopen3rdeye

oh and what the hell was up with the code at the very end of the video? screenshot imgur.com...

That is "To Be Continued" replaced with A=1 B=2 C=3 etc.
I think you're over reacting, honestly.

Come on, this show isn't that bad compared to some other stuff they could be watching.

ETA: That code is a great example of how this episode alone encourages the viewer to make connections and think beyond the surface of what they are seeing, something that I thought any ATS'r would appreciate.
edit on 3/25/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

ChaosComplex

pryingopen3rdeye

That is "To Be Continued" replaced with A=1 B=2 C=3 etc.
I think you're over reacting, honestly.
you think im over reacting because i tried to summarize the episode and asked what the code meant? so, in your opinion i should not try to summarize anything or question anything least i be overreacting.

do you realize your own reply to my post is questioning things and summarizing things? hypocrite.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join