It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what the children were watching on Disney

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
There was a thread about this show awhile back, but Episode 19 is special.

I only saw it because my daughter showed me. She did not think it was appropriate for her niece and nephew, who were watching this. Ages 7 and 4 respectively.

This is indoctrination at is highest flagrancy.
Everyone I know thinks the company perpetrating this is a good, clean source of entertainment. And it might be. At what age would this be rated on television? I feel a rating of PG13 would be appropriate. Not for kids to absorb.

Start at the 4:10 minute mark.
Gravity Falls Ep 19 (full)
edit on 26-3-2014 by Kandinsky because: typo fixed

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Going all the way back to the late sixties there have always been some weird cartoons and some are very dark ..... to you. To kids, not so much!

There was this one about two kids who joined two halves of a talisman to summon this really cool skeleton guy who would wreak havoc on the bad guys. Wish I could remember the name. Love to revisit it.

These cartoons are written by writers and writers need to get material from somewhere. I would not be too concerned.

Just because you can see stuff in them, does not mean that kids will. Do you really think kiddies at that age are into symbolism at that level. They are more interested in who has the strongest Dad or the fattest Mum.

P

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Can't watch it right now. Is it about that lesbian couple?

How is that not "good and clean"? Does it make your head explode if two people love each other? Oooh, it is because those two are from the same sex!

Now that is an abomination!

Or is it?... I think you should recalibrate your goodness-sensor against real crimes against morality. Nothing wrong with homosexuality.

Edit: Okay, I really can't see it right now, had just heard about the "outcry" against some lesbian couple in that show, I guess. Sorry, if I was wrong with my guess.
edit on 24-3-2014 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

ManFromEurope
Can't watch it right now. Is it about that lesbian couple?

How is that not "good and clean"? Does it make your head explode if two people love each other? Oooh, it is because those two are from the same sex!

Now that is an abomination!

Or is it?... I think you should recalibrate your goodness-sensor against real crimes against morality. Nothing wrong with homosexuality.

Edit: Okay, I really can't see it right now, had just heard about the "outcry" against some lesbian couple in that show, I guess. Sorry, if I was wrong with my guess.
edit on 24-3-2014 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

It's about summoning the all seeing eye...

I didn't get context though since I'm at work and can't do sound! Can you enlighten me?

Also what was the deal with the deer and it getting it's teeth ripped out??

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

pheonix358
There was this one about two kids who joined two halves of a talisman to summon this really cool skeleton guy who would wreak havoc on the bad guys. Wish I could remember the name. Love to revisit it.

There was this, it's sort of close in ways but not in others...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Ratings can't replace common sense and moral judgement. It would be up to the parents' discretion as to whether the kids are allowed to watch it or not. As a kid I wasn't allowed to watch the Brady Bunch because my mother thought it was too male chauvinistic. Most of those shows today would be given a G rating. It was my mother's judgement call though.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Could you give us a summary?

I have dial-up and I'm lucky to get 2.5 KPS on a down load. One MB takes between 3 and 5 minutes on a good day. I'd like to watch the video, but I'd rather read about it if possible than take an hour or more to download it.

Thanks,

MSB

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It's about a brother and sister being babysat by their uncle (who wears a wife-beater and a masonic looking hat) who keeps some secret locked in his safe (was watching while I'm getting ready for work so I didn't catch everything). A psychic pig (yes that's right a psychic pig) uses a walking, talking all-seeing eye in the pyramid to try to steal the uncles secrets. Lots of esoteric symbols and black magic and stuff. The uncle turns out to be the good guy.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Walt Disney himself was very progressive when it came to laying in magic and occult data into his cartoons. Good to see the tradition is still alive at his studios. Was The Little Mermaid a Disney film? I love the scene when she is looking at the painting of the Mary Magdelene portrayal, and the frame by frame reaction during that scene (I once spent a lot of time with it looking at the individual frames) was very moving - no pun intended but could have been.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks but no! I remember that one. I didn't think much of it. The flying camel was a deal breaker for me!

lol

P

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

mistressofspice
Ratings can't replace common sense and moral judgement. It would be up to the parents' discretion as to whether the kids are allowed to watch it or not. As a kid I wasn't allowed to watch the Brady Bunch because my mother thought it was too male chauvinistic. Most of those shows today would be given a G rating. It was my mother's judgement call though.

you said it all.
big responsibility is on parents.

if they don't guide the child, the street, school, peers, tv will.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
wow. i gotta say... and mind you im not easily convinced about this kinda thing... but that cartoon was totally blatant. especially the part where the all seeing eye mentioned the universe being an illusion and a holographic simulation... that kinda stood out a bit...

i mean i've seen tons of cartoons with secret society and esoteric undertones in my 27 years on earth, but that was just, BAM! in your face subliminal messaging if ive ever seen it.

they arent even hiding it anymore. this could be their downfall, or not if no one else but us notices.

edit on 24-3-2014 by GreenManXphile because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I don't trust the Disney corporation any more than I do any other corporation. As for the cartoons, let's not forget that these were made by adults, so adult themes may find their way into them. Much like Ren & Stimpy (a personal favorite of mine).

That doesn't necessarily make it right, but I don't think anything was designed to act as an indoctrination method. There's better things for kids to do than sit in front of a TV. Mine isn't allowed much TV time at all. There's drawing, music, you name it!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

orbitbaby
It's about a brother and sister being babysat by their uncle (who wears a wife-beater and a masonic looking hat) who keeps some secret locked in his safe (was watching while I'm getting ready for work so I didn't catch everything). A psychic pig (yes that's right a psychic pig) uses a walking, talking all-seeing eye in the pyramid to try to steal the uncles secrets. Lots of esoteric symbols and black magic and stuff. The uncle turns out to be the good guy.

I always thought it looked more like a Shriners Fez.

My gfs kids love the show. Her son is into the paranormal and keeps a very grounded mind for a ten year old. If it gets kids interested into looking beyond the mundane, I find no problem with it. Maybe they will grow up to answer some of the questions mysterious phenomena raise.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Well that was weird.

At least the deer got her teeth back.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Oh... That cartoon.. I saw that once at my moms house. The entire thing is full of symbolism. Everything about it. Think about the name Gravity Falls.. That's how we got here.. From what I can tell it's all done in the correct light so even if a kid did get some of the symbolism the message isn't evil. It's just full of interesting concepts. In that same scene the weird guy is talking about reaching his elbow being out of his grasp like the infinite horizon. Also seems to be calling the US presidents Puppets who are talking to Demons. "Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold buy.." OR "I love Zeus like a son/sun." hahaha

I see they are also making fun of dumb Americans and thoughtless behavior. This is positive for kids to watch in my book.

Thanks for the heads up I may like to actually watch some of these.

By the way have you watched shows like sesame street when you were older??
You'd be amazed at some of the adult jokes..

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

MichiganSwampBuck
Could you give us a summary?

I have dial-up and I'm lucky to get 2.5 KPS on a down load. One MB takes between 3 and 5 minutes on a good day. I'd like to watch the video, but I'd rather read about it if possible than take an hour or more to download it.

Thanks,

MSB

Is the above post proof of time travel?

Could the above message have come from the mid 90's??

Korg.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

all shriners are master masons. i happen to be both myself. regardless i had the same thought about these cartoons being written by adults. but even that being said, from my point of view there was an awful lot of esoteric symbolism packed into that episode... someone writing for that show has to be at least somewhat well read in this sorta stuff.... but who knows? maybe a higher up at disney made sure that symbolism made it in the episode.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

haha that is actually quite hilarious. not to kick the guy with a horrible internet connect while hes down, but that is like north korea slow!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

demus
big responsibility is on parents.

if they don't guide the child, the street, school, peers, tv will.

According to who you believe, some say that children over 2 years old spend over 30 hours a week watching tv. This constant indoctrination, combined with public "education", leaves little doubt that we are seeing the very end of anything resembling the republic.

TV is bad for adults. TV is poison for children. I'll go further -- I don't know if there is a safe level of TV watching for children.

Do a search on the effects of TV. Reports vary widely but, one article from the "Journal of Cognitive Liberties" says:

When you watch TV, brain activity switches from the left to the right hemisphere. In fact, experiments conducted by researcher Herbert Krugman showed that while viewers are watching television, the right hemisphere is twice as active as the left, a neurological anomaly.1 The crossover from left to right releases a surge of the body’s natural opiates: endorphins, which include beta-endorphins and enkephalins. Endorphins are structurally identical to opium and its derivatives (morphine, codeine, heroin, etc.). Activities that release endorphins (also called opioid peptides) are usually habit-forming (we rarely call them addictive). These include cracking knuckles, strenuous exercise, and orgasm. External opiates act on the same receptor sites (opioid receptors) as endorphins, so there is little difference between the two.

In fact, strenuous exercise, which produces the nominal “runner's high”—a release of endorphins that flood the system, can be highly addictive, to the point where “addicts” who abruptly stop exercising experience opiate-withdrawal symptoms, namely migraine headaches. These migraines are caused by a dysfunction in opioid receptors, which are accustomed to the steady influx of endorphins.

Indeed, even casual television viewers experience such opiate-withdrawal symptoms if they stop watching TV for a prolonged period of time. An article from South Africa’s Eastern Province Herald (October 1975) described two experiments in which people from various socio-economic milieus were asked to stop watching television. In one experiment, several families volunteered to turn off their TV’s for just one month. The poorest family gave in after one week, and the others suffered from depression, saying they felt as though they had “lost a friend.” In the other experiment, 182 West Germans agreed to kick their television viewing habit for a year, with the added bonus of payment. None could resist the urge longer than six months, and over time all of the participants showed the symptoms of opiate withdrawal: increased anxiety, frustration, and depression.

The signs of addiction are all around us. The average American watches over four hours of television every day, and 49% of those continue to watch despite admitting to doing it excessively. These are the classic indicators of an addict in denial: addicts know they're doing harm to themselves, but continue to use the drug regardless. Recent studies on laboratory rats show that opioid-receptor stimulants induce addictive behaviors. The evidence is conclusive: all opioids are addictive! Even the ones your body produces naturally. The television set works as a high-tech drug delivery system, and we all feel its effects. The question is, can an addiction to television be destructive? The answer we receive from modern science is a resounding “Yes!”

First of all, when you're watching television the higher brain regions (like the midbrain and the neo-cortex) are shut down, and most activity shifts to the lower brain regions (like the limbic system). The neurological processes that take place in these regions cannot accurately be called “cognitive.” The lower or reptile brain simply stands poised to react to the environment using deeply embedded “fight or flight” response programs. Moreover, these lower brain regions cannot distinguish reality from fabricated images (a job performed by the neo-cortex), so they react to television content as though it were real, releasing appropriate hormones and so on. Studies have proven that, in the long run, too much activity in the lower brain leads to atrophy in the higher brain regions.

www.cognitiveliberty.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join