It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zodiacs and the Bible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It's clearly time to remind people about the importants of Zodiacs and how it relates to our religious texts as even ATS's most prestigious members don't seem to know their connections.

ATS Member
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Thats really interesting that those dates would coincide in that way. But it makes me wonder where all the other zodiacs are. Perhaps buried in the sands of time. I guess Leos are assertive enough to keep popping up.

Where the other Zodiacs are? How about you start looking in our religious texts?

Clues of Zodiacs in Sin of the Calf

In Exodus 32:4 the Isralites worships a Golden Calf to Moses's dispair and they are punished by God later on for this obedience. Moses himself endorses sacrifying goats -- so what is really is going on here?

It is of course all symbolism hidden within religion of the passing of the old Age, the Age of Taurus (4,525-1,875 BC) which zodiac symbol is the Bull (Taurus is the greek word for Bull and a calf is a young bull), and the Age of Aries (1,875-100 BC) which zodiac symbol is the Goat (Aries is the greek word for Goat).

The whole "Sin of the Calf" is actually story for the adept that explains that when a new Age transpires the people that hang on to their old Age habbits are doomed by their own transgression - the reason for which is that an age also changes mankind in spiritual ways.

Clues of Zodiacs in The New Testament

Jesus's symbol before the Romans started using the cross we use today was the Ichthys which means "Fish" in greek - it's still in use today by Born-Again Christians that call it the "Jesus Fish" and is often seen on cars bumber stickers a.s.f. Coincidently, the The Age of Pisces's (100 BC-2,680 AD) zodiac symbol is also the Fish (Pisces is the greek word for Fish) which means that we may be looking at symbolic worship of the fish.

Conclusion

In The Taurean Age sacrifying bulls were a good thing (symbolic worship of the bull), while when entering The Age of Aries the bull became symbolic with evil and goats were the good sacrifise (symbolic worship of the goat). When we entered The Age of Pisces (the current age), we started symbolically worshipping the Fish (Jesus) and the goat became symbolic with evil (the devil). There is an obvious pattern here, when we enter into The Age of Aquarius in 2,680 AD we will see some new grand leader emerge that uses the symbol of the water being poured as "Aquarius" is depicated as a man pouring water (Aqua is the greek word for water) - Jesus confirmed this himself to his disiples in The Last Supper (Gospel of Luke 22: 7-13):

7 Then came the day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. 8 Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, “Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover.”

9 “Where do you want us to prepare for it?” they asked.

10 He replied, “As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters, 11 and say to the owner of the house, ‘The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ 12 He will show you a large room upstairs, all furnished. Make preparations there.”

13 They left and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.

Here it is also useful to know that an Age is also referred to as "a House" by the ancients. Thus, when Jesus mentions a house in the above text the talks about the shift from the Age of Pisces, the twelfth house, to the Age of Aquarius, which is the eleventh house.

Jesus also has his "Golden Calf"-moment in Matthew 25:31-46:

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Here it is clearly stated that Jesus is symbolic of a new Age (The Age of Pisces) where the people that cling to the old Age of Aries (the goats) are marked as evil and those that follow Jesus the Herder (as he is called) into new Age of Pisces (the sheeps) will be rewarded. Here we once again see the hidden story that at the turn of an Age the old ways must be abandoned.

-MM

edit on 23-3-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Jewish Mazzeroth, Book of Job mentions it, Kabbalah also focuses on it some.

Might be a place to start researching.

Job is thought to be the Oldest book in the bible, as well as the Mazzeroth is thought to predate or be the precursor to the Zodiac.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Scholars are unsure as to the original .Even Zoroaster split into two camps early on some time after Daniels death .It is believed that it was or is the name of the stars within the house is key to reading the story ...just my 2 cents ...interesting though

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by benrl

Scholars are unsure as to the original .Even Zoroaster split into two camps early on some time after Daniels death .It is believed that it was or is the name of the stars within the house is key to reading the story ...just my 2 cents ...interesting though

Hence the "THOUGHT TO BE" part, there are arguments for an against.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

In Exodus 32:4 the Isralites worships a Golden Calf to Moses's dispair and they are punished by God later on for this obedience. Moses himself endorses sacrifying goats -- so what is really is going on here?

The Golden Calf being worshiped was most likely from one of the Pantheon of gods out of the cult of the bull like Baal, Pan, or even Bat.
I think sacrificing a goat or any other horned animal was a stab at other religions out of the lands of Canaan and Egypt. Since they both had bull and goat headed gods Moses and even Abraham defiled the image by burning other horned animals as a protest and to show his god the switch being made. This is when human sacrifice previously being used was switched to sacrificing the horned gods themselves.

Now maybe the Egyptian got there horned effigies from astronomy and if so this may be where we find any missing Zodiacs.

This is my opinion and we all know how abundant opinions are.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

MerkabaMeditation

Clues of Zodiacs in The New Testament

Jesus's symbol before the Romans started using the cross we use today was the Ichthys which means "Fish" in greek - it's still in use today by Born-Again Christians that call it the "Jesus Fish" and is often seen on cars bumber stickers a.s.f. Coincidently, the

Not to debate the theory that you are talking about, because I think it may be something to look into, but regarding the Jesus fish thing - per the very link you provided:

Symbolic meaning[edit]
An early circular ichthys symbol, created by combining the Greek letters ΙΧΘΥΣ, Ephesus.ΙΧΘΥΣ (Ichthus) is an acronym/acrostic[4] for "Ίησοῦς Χριστός, Θεοῦ Υἱός, Σωτήρ", (Iēsous Christos, Theou Yios, Sōtēr), which translates into English as "Jesus Christ, God's Son, Saviour".

Iota (i) is the first letter of Iēsous (Ἰησοῦς), Greek for "Jesus".
Chi (ch) is the first letter of Christos (Χριστός), Greek for "anointed".
Theta (th) is the first letter of Theou (Θεου), Greek for "God's", the genitive case of Θεóς, Theos, Greek for "God".
Upsilon (y) is the first letter of (h)uios[5] (Υἱός), Greek for "Son".
Sigma (s) is the first letter of sōtēr (Σωτήρ), Greek for "Savior".

Early Christians were persecuted for their beliefs and used the fish symbol as a marking to show a safe place to meet and worship.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

True, but as I mentioned and also stated in the same article "Ichthys" is the greek word for "Fish". The iconography is also the image of a fish.

Being a Christian was unsafe in the early days; when two christians would meet someone that might be another christian he/she would draw a curve on the ground, the other person would draw an opposite curve if he/she was a christian to acknowledge the fact, thusly together drawing a Ichthys fish symbol (also a symbol that the Body of Christ was his followers but that's another discussion).

-MM

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Precession of the equinoxes.
In order to have zodiacal ages, you need two wheels, one sidereal and the other related to current equinoxes and solstices, such as the one used in the astrology of India and Tibet.
Clearly the symbolism of the ages shows that the Spring Equinox receding into Pisces coincides with the rise of Christianity - the traditional theme of the 12th house - an analogue of Pisces - is voluntary sacrifice. Mosaic Law - Jewish religion - could point to the Age of Aries, not only historically, but in terms of symbolism - from the Shofar (the ram's horn blown at the Jewish New Year) to the theme of the wandering in the desert. That could be the end of the Age of Taurus which was shown in obscure symbolism as the sacrifice of the Bull... and while one of the themes of Pisces is sacrifice, victims and otherworldliness, Taurus is certainly a worldly sign related to the material world, hence gold, thus it is logical that the Golden Calf could be a belief system then antiquated from the point of astrology.
In Indian counting, Pisces would start around 285 A.D. or a little later according to other ayanamshas, and it would end around 2280 at the earliest - at which point the Sun would start to appear in the portion of the sky having the sign Aquarius, the Water Bearer.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I wonder if each of Jesus's 12 disciples represents a sign of the Zodiac. From a Christian perspective this would make sense, since his was ostensibly a universal message. Figure out which disciple corresponds with your sign, study that disciple's relationship with Jesus, and you'll have a template for how to commune with the divine.

I wonder what I'd be. I'm a Scorpio, and have always felt an affinity for Doudting Thomas...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyTroll

Ok, I'll bite. I'm an aquarius. Who would that be?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

ketsuko

The zodiac of Aquarius relates to Saint Jude Thaddaeus:

The Sign of Aries is Saint Peter,
the Sign of Taurus is Saint Simon,
the Sign of Gemini is Saint James,
the Sign of Cancer is Saint Andrew,
the Sign of Leo is Saint John,
the Sign of Virgo is Saint Philip,
the Sign of Libra is Saint Bartholomew,
the Sign of Scorpio is Saint Thomas,
the Sign of Sagittarius is Saint James the Great,
the Sign of Capricorn is Saint Matthew,
the Sign of Aquarius is Saint Jude Thaddaeus,
and the Sign of Pisces is Saint Matthias who replaced Judas Iscariot.

This 17th-century fresco from the Cathedral of Living Pillar in Georgia depicting Jesus within the Zodiac circle basically proves that the association between the zodiacs and the disciples is known within the church; in it you can see the zodiacs in the outer ring and the matching disciple in the inner circle:

Source

-MM

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Hey, good call!
I'm also a Scorpio, and Doubting Thomas has always been one guy I "got."

See? It's not my fault - I was born this way!!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

ketsuko

Hey - I'm an Aquarius as well! And according to MerkabaMeditation's link, our "Saint" is Saint Jude Thaddeus - who, according to the Roman Catholic Church, is the patron Saint of desperate cases and lost causes. (Per wikipedia). en.wikipedia.org...

Isn't that swell! So are us Aquarians "desperate cases and lost causes"?
Or are we helpers of desperate cases and lost causes?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Oh, ok. Sorry - I misunderstood your point. I thought you were claiming that the fish symbol used back then for Christian "safehouses" was directly tied to the astrological symbol of Pisces.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

The Ichthys iconogrphy is symbolic of the zodiac pisces symbol.

-MM

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

So do my doubts about Christianity and the zodiac now actually prove them both, or did I just blow my own mind?!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The "Golden Calf" has very little to do with zodiacs...
It is more about the the idea of insult.
To insult a devise/device... you need to usurp a thing or two and then clearly boast about it.
For Moses God was the boast... for Aaron and the separatists it was about a Bully who enjoyed beating up pharaoh's henchmen.
Yellow and/or gold is the color of fear(s)... and calf... aka young bull... is the horned bully.
People feared the wrath of the young bull and he caused many to fear it.
He was celebrated after the liberation of the Israelites. But Moses attributed the freedom to God.
Miriam... attributed the liberation to the golden calf.
So... God allowed them to choose whomever they wanted... and then killed them off to set the example.
Young bulls are great... But God is greater.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I'm afraid I don't know.
My mind has been blown for some time now

But I am a Scorpio, and have investigated astology enough to feel like it actually has something (like scripture?) to offer.

I worked on reading tarot at various times over the last 20 years.....

Didn't get proficient, but I have about seven decks or so.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Pinocchio

The "Golden Calf" has very little to do with zodiacs...
It is more about the the idea of insult.
To insult a devise/device... you need to usurp a thing or two and then clearly boast about it.
For Moses God was the boast... for Aaron and the separatists it was about a Bully who enjoyed beating up pharaoh's henchmen.
Yellow and/or gold is the color of fear(s)... and calf... aka young bull... is the horned bully.
People feared the wrath of the young bull and he caused many to fear it.
He was celebrated after the liberation of the Israelites. But Moses attributed the freedom to God.
Miriam... attributed the liberation to the golden calf.
So... God allowed them to choose whomever they wanted... and then killed them off to set the example.
Young bulls are great... But God is greater.

Quaint and cute interpretation but I don't agree.

Actually the golden calf symbolically does represent not only a zodiac sign; Taurus, but the very idea that the op is suggesting; that the bible does infact allude to the turning of the ages at least symbolically.

All one has to do is look at the progression of the zodiac, the order of that progression and the major symbols of the religions of those ages. The bible clearly outlines four those ages; Taurus, Aries, Pisces and Aquarius.

The story of the golden calf, clearly in a symbolic fashion of course, illustrates the turning of the age of Taurus to the age of Aries and the shift of power from the bull cults of older religions represented by Egypt to the new cult of the ram, represented by Israel and Judaism.

In fact look most of the symbolism of the old testament,it's full of rams, sheep, goats and lambs. Even Jesus collects some of the residue from the older ram tradition; ie being the lamb of God, even though he does mainly represent the turning of the age to Pisces and the fish more then being purely of the ram cult.

It is quite interesting when you see that one of the central ideas and celebrations of the Egyptian religion was the sacrifice of the Apis bull. (the Age of Taurus) One of the central ideas of the old testament is the sacrificing of the ram in place of Issac.(Age of Aries) The sacrifice of Jesus in the new testament (Age of Pisces) Who will be sacrificed at least symbolically in the Age of Aquarius. My money is on it being a water bearer, but we will have to see. After all this age is still brand spanking new.

Anyway just my opinion though.

edit on 24-3-2014 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos galore

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

That's cool. As a good scorpio, I'm drawn to all those things as well.

It would be interesting to do a survey on this site to see if any zodiacal signs are statistically overrepresented. You know, anything over 8.5%

top topics

<<   2 >>

join