It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communities Grow Weary of Militarized Police

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by greencmp

There has been a time or two I have advocated for a reduction/simplification of legislation. There are many fancy words applied in law/governance and that certainly opens too much to interpretation. The PPACA serves as a stellar example. What I wish everyone would be presented with, are the origins of the verbiage contained in this law. Were this perspective brought to light, both political parties would be shamed. I have no doubt our elected officials had nothing to do with drafting this legislation. It is such a daunting read, I highly doubt any one elected official has actually turned through each page of it ... ever.

Thank you for quoting your text from the jury thread. I wish people would see assignment to membership on a jury as a responsibility and an honor. Back when Civics was graduation criteria, I was taught Jury Duty afforded one a unique opportunity to sit in the highest seat of government ... that decisions reached by a jury could override those of the COTUS, SCOTUS, and POTUS. Oh how TPTB want that hidden now from common knowledge!!

Did you see what the authorities were recently doing to kids on Spring Break in Florida? Locking up miscreants in kennels until they sobered up enough to be released on their own recognizance? Lesson learned ... case closed ... pay your fine ... GTFOOH!! Of course, the horrors some experienced won't see the light of day, but the victims learned their lessons too. So ... I'm quite curious to see more of your mindset on the elimination of Social Laws ... and how we prevent parents/family from taking matters of honor into their own hands when their blood relatives have been wronged.

It is interesting you bring up the honor killing question. I have thought extensively about this and it is both the most frequent and the least relevant issue when it comes to the 2nd amendment (the main discussion has to do with defense from
the state itself).

Just to throw out ideas, I am not necessarily advocating for this but, one possible experimental technique might be to issue 'permits to execute'. The idea being that the public announcement (in the newspaper in the old days) of revenge killing serves as a deterrent to conflict by providing a legitimate avenue for its expression. Essentially, reintroduce the duel.

How's that for free thinking?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

It is interesting you bring up the honor killing question. I have thought extensively about this and it is both the most frequent and the least relevant issue when it comes to the 2nd amendment (the main discussion has to do with defense from the state itself).

I see the 2d Amendment as the recognition of an inalienable right. It stands alone. It cannot be further defined. You have the right to keep and bear arms (period).

I would hope the rest of our countrymen would look at the entire Bill of Rights and understand that their introduction was the defining moment where our Constitution could be agreed upon by the existing States ... basically what united the nation. I firmly believe that if ANY of the first ten amendments are messed with, the United States should dissolve.

Killing one another is rather barbaric. I'll grant there is a time and a place for it. The decision to enter such an event is usually sudden and the execution of the act should be just as quick. I don't believe in appeals. Appeals may reduce the incidence, but they don't prevent mistakes. People should be willing to accept that mistakes happen. When mistakes are caused ... that needs to be looked at. When mistakes are intentionally caused ... there are punishments that are far far worse than death. The BS of present law, is that that is prevented by the fancy words of 'cruel and unusual' which are definitely requirements one must leave to the imagination ... being that the imagination is the greatest deterrent to a criminal lifestyle.

Essentially, reintroduce the duel. How's that for free thinking?

Being the kind of one-up guy I am ... I'll see your duel and raise you an arena.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I dont live there anymore. Not that im not already paying for a ton of garbage via taxes in this town. Its getting time to move again, im a single dude in my twenties so not much to keep me.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Yeah I scoped it. People seem to be on consensus nation wide on these things. Not that Kentucky or West Virginia has every been very keen on authority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join