It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why worry when its your time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
not sure this is the right thread.

question.do you really care when you check out? was thinking about it and thought why worry when you do cause it makes no difference to you when it happens.

you could be 30 or you could be 90 but makes no difference what so ever cause when you go as far as we know it doesn,t affect you one little bit,just lived a bit longer.

think what i,m asking is why does so many people worry about it? i don,t really care cause i know its going to happen so no point worrying,could happen tomorrow or another 40 years,what difference does it make cause no matter when i go i,m sure i,ll know no diffrent

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It isn't dying that worries me (won't even realize or be in this consciousness anymore) but my kids. I worry about them and how they will do and therefore worry about dying.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Dianec
It isn't dying that worries me (won't even realize or be in this consciousness anymore) but my kids. I worry about them and how they will do and therefore worry about dying.
see thats where i have no worries tho if i did i,m not 100% sure i would even worry about that.

heartless i know.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Not heartless as it can be wasted energy. Being as prepared as you can helps - some resources left behind if possible and good people to look after them...makes it easier. I suppose I wonder about all the stuff I would miss out on with them - the human attachment to life is strong.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

sparky31

question.do you really care when you check out? was thinking about it and thought why worry when you do cause it makes no difference to you when it happens.

you could be 30 or you could be 90 but makes no difference what so ever cause when you go as far as we know it doesn,t affect you one little bit,just lived a bit longer.

think what i,m asking is why does so many people worry about it? i don,t really care cause i know its going to happen so no point worrying,could happen tomorrow or another 40 years,what difference does it make cause no matter when i go i,m sure i,ll know no diffrent

Honestly, I like many others at my young age (mid 20s), thought I wasn't worried about death. I thought I was one of the few people who would be fine to die, whenever it is I go. Out of my hands, I thought, so why worry?

Well, recently, my health has went downhill, and the possibility of checking out within the next 5 years is very real now. When you are TRULY faced with your own mortality, your perspective changes.

No one can say , until they are actually FACED with death, how death affects them. You just have no idea.

I have mixed feelings on my mortality. A part of me is curious, and truly believes things will be better in the spirit. Another part of me doubts, and is truly awfully afraid of death.

I mean to be honest, I have issues with losing consciousness PERIOD. Sometimes I would keep myself awake, just because the thought of losing consciousness (even going to sleep) scares me.

I honestly view death and sleep as very similar. When we fall asleep, we leave waking consciousness, although we are still conscious, but in a different way. Death is the same thing....we leave waking consciousness, and enter into the underworld, which is similar to sleeping.

The truth is, in both death, and sleep - you can retain waking consciousness with the right effort and practice. That is what dream yoga is about, that is what YOGA and really tibetan buddhism is about.

Life is nothing but preparation for death, remember that.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

supermarket2012

sparky31

Honestly, I like many others at my young age (mid 20s), thought I wasn't worried about death. I thought I was one of the few people who would be fine to die, whenever it is I go. Out of my hands, I thought, so why worry?

Well, recently, my health has went downhill, and the possibility of checking out within the next 5 years is very real now. When you are TRULY faced with your own mortality, your perspective changes.

No one can say , until they are actually FACED with death, how death affects them. You just have no idea.

I have mixed feelings on my mortality. A part of me is curious, and truly believes things will be better in the spirit. Another part of me doubts, and is truly awfully afraid of death.

I mean to be honest, I have issues with losing consciousness PERIOD. Sometimes I would keep myself awake, just because the thought of losing consciousness (even going to sleep) scares me.

I honestly view death and sleep as very similar. When we fall asleep, we leave waking consciousness, although we are still conscious, but in a different way. Death is the same thing....we leave waking consciousness, and enter into the underworld, which is similar to sleeping.

The truth is, in both death, and sleep - you can retain waking consciousness with the right effort and practice. That is what dream yoga is about, that is what YOGA and really tibetan buddhism is about.

Life is nothing but preparation for death, remember that.
eh u don,t know me and like you i was faced with death a few years ago,i was diagnosed with cancer and not going to go into all the details about that but that hasn,t changed my opinion.

you came on here assuming and thinking i don,t know what its like to face death in the face,i did and i won but still i ask the question.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Honestly I don't. I'd prefer to stick around and see my daughter wed and I'd prefer to die before I can no longer fend for myself. Beyond that, life is really just a series of thoughts typically controlled by emotions. I mean, what is that really anyway? If there were no emotions than randomness would cease and everything would be predictable. So fear is just code in the program as are all emotions. The randomizer codes.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

Life is the opposite of death - holding on because that is what we are programmed to do. If we did not care about death we wouldn't have the instinct to eat and avoid danger. Our entire fight or flight response is about surviving and therefore avoiding loss of life. Resistance is normal and healthy. When people get older it's as if they have contemplated it long enough to be able to accept in most cases but as a young person I can't imagine.

Just so you don't feel alone on this - I have been afraid to go to sleep as well. I was given a prescription of sleeping pills once and did not like how they made me feel. I thought they were too strong and I wouldn't wake up so forced myself to stay awake. I haven't taken them since. That is a terrible feeling - a fear of not waking up. It may not be the same feeling you have had but it's the closest I've come to what you describe.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I don't know about that, when we sleep our physiology is still very active. When we're dead it isn't. To me sleeping is like being awake in another place.

Years ago getting ready to go to Asia I received a shot that put me in a coma for several days. Nobody thought I was coming back from that but I did. There was nothing going on for me during that time, no awareness, just blackout. That's probably what death is like IMO. Still wonder why I didn't dream though.

ETA - As far as any concern about passing on I won't personally be missing this plane of existence much, if at all.
edit on 208pm1818pm112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
Honestly I don't. I'd prefer to stick around and see my daughter wed and I'd prefer to die before I can no longer fend for myself. Beyond that, life is really just a series of thoughts typically controlled by emotions. I mean, what is that really anyway? If there were no emotions than randomness would cease and everything would be predictable. So fear is just code in the program as are all emotions. The randomizer codes.

yeah i would deffo want to check out before i couldn,t fend for myself and everyone i know has said in the event of an accident where they end up not able to fend for themselfs they would rather be put to sleep rather than live,i,m guessing in the world population that scenario would be pretty high.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Your young, forgive me for asking but i am curious to what fight your fighting

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

sparky31

From what I have gathered by asking lots of people about this, most people worry about it because they feel so incredibly uncertain about what comes after this life. This is the known. What comes after, no matter how many psychics/past livers/near-deathers, they read about, is completely unknown. Interestingly though, most of those (psychics/past-livers/near-deathers) don't worry about it at all. They are convinced at a soul level what comes next.

Also, most people are highly attached (
) to their day-to-day lives. They don't see beyond themselves and the bubble they thrash about in. They embrace their drama, and envision some sort of resolution that is perfect at some future date. Whether it be forgiveness of those who have hurt them, or gifting their love to that perfect mate, or designing a sublime existence for their progeny, they have some ultimate self expression that needs to be met. That is why they cannot accept NOW as a time to die. It doesn't mesh with their view of the world.

For me, I don't fret one way or another. Everyone I love knows that I love them. I accept what may come after this life. I have done as much as I can do today, so that makes today a good day to die.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Bassago

I don't know about that, when we sleep our physiology is still very active. When we're dead it isn't. To me sleeping is like being awake in another place.

Years ago getting ready to go to Asia I received a shot that put me in a coma for several days. Nobody thought I was coming back from that but I did. There was nothing going on for me during that time, no awareness, just blackout. That's probably what death is like IMO. Still wonder why I didn't dream though.

ETA - As far as any concern about passing on I won't personally be missing this plane of existence much, if at all.
edit on 208pm1818pm112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)
bassago it was only about a year and a half ago i thought theres got to be something after death,i was convinced but as you say i think its like when you shut your eyes at night and don,t dream,you wake up in morning and you remember nothing,no awareness,nothing atall.

when you check out for final time thats exactlly what its going to be like,plain nothing.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Bassago

Maybe, maybe not. Say what you want including science and our understanding of sleep, but every night when I put my daughter to sleep I lay with her. There comes a point when her whole body convulses briefly, like a shiver down her spine. If I sit up 2 seconds before that shiver I will get a "Dad, where'ya going?" 3 seconds after that shiver I can get up spring off the side of her bed and do a double back gainer with a twist, fail completely and crash into her toy chest and she won't move a muscle. It's absolutely crazy...like a shut off switch. She most certainly leaves and goes somewhere. We all do.

I like to think of it like the Avatar movie except we are incapable of remembering our "real life" in the spirit world while in our avatars because it will disrupt the experiment or something.
edit on 22-3-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
As a mortician I can only put in a few simple requests for anyone reading this.

(a) Please shower, shave and condition your hair just before you die.

Special note: If you are planning to die suddenly. And an autopsy will need to be done. Please shave all your hair off first.

(b) Please do not die in your best cloths. I cant embalm you with your cloths on.

(c) Please die with your mouth shut. If you don't I have to stitch it up.

(d) Try actually dying in the mortuary if possible. Lying down straight and not in some contorted position. Thank you.

PS... If by some miracle you are not actually dead. And the Doctor has made a horrible mistake. Could you please have the decency to play along. It is just bad manners to interrupt a professional midway through a process.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I share your point. I just try and make a difference while I am here. Ive said before...its not like when we die we sit on the other side and say "Whoa! That really hurt!" (like dying in a car crash).

It hurt the living body as it was going out...but once "over-there"? It doesnt matter what happened and how you got there in spirit-form. You wont care at that point.....

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Death does not scare me, its the process of dying I'm afrid of, like dying from a long drawn out illness or a violent death. I am firm in my beliefs about what happens after we die, I have no fear of death.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I really, really try to be accepting of death. I am not terrified, I do not spend my life worrying about it, there is little I can do about where and when it happens. The things that worry me are leaving my kids whilst they are young. My ex husbands parents died when he was very young, and it definitely had a very negative impact on the rest of his life, and I wouldn't wish a fraction of what he went through on my kids.
In terms of things that would directly affect me, I am worried that the process of dying will hurt (the last few minutes of life) and that the after life is not what I expect it to be, or hope it to be, and it is awful and terrifying.
But, I don't actually spend any time really worrying about this, as there is nothing I can do about any of it.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
It's not the being dead that I worry about. It's the painful half here/half there journey that worries me.
The suffering on the way to getting there. But being dead itself ... no big deal.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The journey to the great unknown, good be a case of a tasty morsel slipping into the belly of a God.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join