It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 children found starving, 1 chained to floor in California home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Three starving children -- including one who was chained to the floor to prevent her from getting food -- were found last month in the squalid home of a Northern California couple, authorities said.

All three -- two boys and a girl -- were taken into protective custody, and one was hospitalized, Monterey County Sheriff Scott Miller said Friday.

Two woman living as domestic partners apparently were torturing and starving 3 small children. I usually don't think of woman as the abusers, but apparently this can work both ways. Are woman becoming more violent or are we just hearing more about in the last few decades?

Regardless, these two sick individuals should be given the maximum sentence if found guilty. If there is one thing that gets me angry it is anyone that would abuse a child.

Source Article
edit on 2014/3/22 by Metallicus because: Fixed Grammar

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Metallicus
Are woman becoming more violent or are we just hearing more about in the last few decades?

Regardless, these two sick individuals should be given the maximum sentence if found guilty. If there is one thing that gets me angry it is anyone that would abuse a child.

Source Article

Actually, there is a good amount of research saying that women are more likely to perpetrate physical abuse on children. One source. Men, it is believed commit more sexual abuse- but looking at all the teachers in the media arrested for sexual abuse of their pupils that may not be the case. Also, take a look a this video: the psychologists acknowledge women commit more cases of domestic violence, but men do more damage. Link.

My opinion is that men and women, both being human, are equally likely likely to commit these heinous offenses. The sooner we rid ourselves of these stereotypes about who does and doesn't abuse children, the more likely we are to find these scumbags and bring them to justice. I wish nothing but the worst for those maggots.
edit on 22-3-2014 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I really don't understand why people automatically assume women are always the nurturing ones and men are the neglectful abusers. Yes, I understand there are plenty of examples of both, but why stop using our brains there when we formulate an opinion?

There are plenty of men who are protective and caring, and there are plenty of women who are neglectful and selfish.

I was actually just watching a documentary on serial killers and one guy who was treated very similar to these children by his mother, committed his crimes because of his mothers abuse.

I've seen abuse from women in my own family. It's not just the men. The sex wars are a lie; what we have are the imperfections of human behavior.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Hang the bastards.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

FatherStacks

Metallicus
Are woman becoming more violent or are we just hearing more about in the last few decades?

Source Article

Actually, there is a good amount of research saying that women are more likely to perpetrate physical abuse on children. One source. Men, it is believed commit more sexual abuse- but looking at all the teachers in the media arrested for sexual abuse of their pupils that may not be the case. Also, take a look a this video: the psychologists acknowledge women commit more cases of domestic violence, but men do more damage. Link.

My opinion is that men and women, both being human, are equally likely likely to commit these heinous offenses. The sooner we rid ourselves of these stereotypes about who does and doesn't abuse children, the more likely we are to find these scumbags and bring them to justice. I wish nothing but the worst for those maggots.
edit on 22-3-2014 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

Very well put. Said it better than I haha

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Women have had the capacity to be extraordinarily abusive throughout history. Some old tales for your perusal: Medea slew two of her children after being abandoned by her husband. Jocasta and her husband pierced the limbs of their newborn together and left the boy, Oedipus, to die of exposure because of an oracle's words. Agave, in a fit of delusion, tore apart and ate the flesh of her own son, Pentheus. And, of course, the ultimate in abusive stepmothers in Greek mythos would be Phaedra, who lusted after her own stepson and then, in retaliation for being rejected, induced his own father to kill the young man.

Bad mothers have existed throughout time eternal. My mom was extremely abusive as well, long before today's day and age.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

Thank you for the additional information! I was fortunate enough to have good parents (for the most part) and I suppose as a father myself it is difficult for me to imagine abuse of children by anyone...especially their mother.

I guess I am naive when it comes to abuse of my fellow human beings. It seems so unbelievable.
edit on 2014/3/22 by Metallicus because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This is very sad. Unfortunately, those without a voice are treated however those in power see fit.

The more they are isolated, the worse it is. I hope the abusers get what they deserve and karma takes over.

And the children get the help they need.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
There are too many innocent lives lost at the hands of cruel and heartless people. Breaks my heart and enrages me at the same time.

edit on 23-3-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I don't know. I will see how this pans out. This apparently happened a month before Fox reported it, according to this article. The title of the article alone speaks volumes to me. Was the girl really chained? Or was she wearing a chain? Was she really starved? Or just a skinny little girl? Because when you think about it, two children were adopted by these women, so the article says anyways. The article quotes verbal statements yet not one reference to the statement source. Who is the doctor, or police officer, etc.? I dunno, all I am saying is so far it sounds pretty demonizing with absolutely no facts to back up the article. And I am too lazy to research this sadness. I need more to believe this even happened.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

terrible!

similar thing happened in the suburb where I live now... the kids were being abused, by the time, officials got in there and took the kids...they all were treated in hospital for malnutrition:

House of Horrors

For four months in 2008, the five young siblings were forced to stand in a line almost all day with their hands on their heads. They were only fed scraps of food and would be beaten or choked if they tried to get more.
A Supreme Court judge in Adelaide said that the level of abuse, in what has been dubbed South Australia's "house of horrors, was hard to believe.
"The manner in which these children were treated is beyond comprehension," said Justice Kevin Duggan, describing how a daily routine of deprivation and cruelty was suffered by the children, aged between four and seven at the time.

so yeah, when I hear anything sus... I report it, better to be safe than sorry.

edit on CDT03000000Sun, 23 Mar 2014 03:22:00 -05002200am81 by Thurisaz because: fix link

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

there are plenty of women who are on the register as sex offenders in Australia:

www.mako.org.au...

sad but true.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Some say reptilians(draco) can and like to influence such behavior on mentally weak people. Others say that this is due disorder gained from the stimuli of the external world, influencing the internal personality. I can agree with both. But yet, hate and fear from us wont help at all. Say a bless for the kids, and give no blame in you mind to the oppressor - this is what he feeds upon. This is what he needs. Will you donate, anymore? Let 'em free...

top topics

join