It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPACE-RACE 2010-20, how will be the scenario?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
In the next decade a no of countries poised to join the the space-race.
USA again planning a moon-misiion, then mars[?], etc. etc.

RUSSIA also has plans for space-missions.

INDIA, CHINA, EU, JAPAN has their own space exploration programms.
and a no of new countries are coming in the race, like BRAZIL,SOUTH KOREA, ISRAEL, SOUTH AFRICA......

How will be global scenario and who will be benefited coz of this race?
What the other members r thinking? everyone is invited to comment
and participate.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a nice benefit for all those countrys and us all as the human race would be sharing their information and discoveries and pooling their resources for one giant joint effort into space research!........will that happen?

sadly never in our lifetimes but lets keep hoping!

Regards.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
a nice benefit for all those countrys and us all as the human race would be sharing their information and discoveries and pooling their resources for one giant joint effort into space research!........will that happen?

sadly never in our lifetimes but lets keep hoping!

Regards.

I fear a next gen space war, as i found moon having so much He 3 and
with the development of anti-gravity propultion[ though long time ahead].

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You forgot Canada. We got two private companies that want to launch soon. One is gonna try probably in April the other in June or July. It all has to start somewhere...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I believe man needs incentive! He needs to be shown the GREEN before he begins to make an effort . Sadly the value of going to space has been lost , before it was for pride , then it was for economics and now it is for our vanity .
Vanity doesn't feature heavily in NASA's list . Unless their is some real value out there then we will be stuck on this rock for a long long time.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
I believe man needs incentive! He needs to be shown the GREEN before he begins to make an effort . Sadly the value of going to space has been lost , before it was for pride , then it was for economics and now it is for our vanity .
Vanity doesn't feature heavily in NASA's list . Unless their is some real value out there then we will be stuck on this rock for a long long time.

Well how bout mining an asteroid that has more Titanium then the whole of our itty bitty rock we live on.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
You forgot Canada. We got two private companies that want to launch soon. One is gonna try probably in April the other in June or July. It all has to start somewhere...

Sorry friend, that should be added........my fault.
even i heard of a joint INDO-CANADIAN project.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by swastika

Originally posted by sardion2000

Sorry friend, that should be added........my fault.
even i heard of a joint INDO-CANADIAN project.

Oh really... Thats interesting. Looks like the battle lines are being drawn for the next race, this time to Mars.. I can't wait

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I actually see a race for Mars. I think the first one to physically set foot on it to lay claim to the planet with all its yet unknown resources. With our pollution problems and rising population and decreasing resources issues.
Just my thought.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
I actually see a race for Mars. I think the first one to physically set foot on it to lay claim to the planet with all its yet unknown resources. With our pollution problems and rising population and decreasing resources issues.
Just my thought.

Asteroids and Comits harbor much more resources plus its alot easier to mine em, because we don't have to deal with a gravity well. The only problem is developing the Robotic Drones to mine the suckers, and thats at least 15-20 years away.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I believe the major criteria for space mining to be feasible is the need the space community to come up with an effective in-site resource utilization i.e. living with resources available in space only. Once effective resource utilization is achieved then it would be possible for man to last longer in space. The technology required for space mining is already available- mostly and only the economics of the venture play an important role in it.
Is Space mining feasible?

new topics

top topics

join