It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times illusion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I was listening to an scientist expounding on Einstein's statement that reality is a persistent illusion. He said that if an Alien on the same timeline on a planet 200k light years away. Got on his bike and cycled another few kilometres away from us, then because of the small difference in the time dilation caused by his movement away from us,over such a vast distance, caused by that movement he would no longer be on the same timeline but on one that was approx. fifty years ahead. On the other hand if he cycled toward us he would be on a timeline fifty years in our past. Which means that the instantaneous quantum movement of electrons, over such a distance would cause the electron to time travel from the present timeline, to either a past or present one depending on the local movement of the laboratory at the time of the experiment. Which means whenever considering aliens and the speed they travel at, the time of there arrival could be manipulated so they avoid any human involvement, by controlling the timeline of arrival. So if earth is A and the point of the aliens departure to earth is B, a straight line flight would allow him to arrive on the timeline he started the flight on. But if he curved the flight path it would be the same as increasing the distance he was from us, thus landing on a timeline in the future .But what he couldn't do if he wants to arrive in our past is decrease the distance from A to B Therefore they couldn't manipulate our past. That's assuming the speed that the aliens ship is limited to instantaneous because it would be illogical for him to arrive before he left. I think.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hi there.I recommend you to google for the relativity theory and what happens if you move away from the earth and could look at what is happening there while you move. Is quite interesting indeed.
Id get you a link but im about to leave, ill get u one tomorrow if you still havent found it.
Cheers!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This "scientist" has no idea what time dilation is, I'd recommend that he reads an article or two prior to spewing more nonsense.

First of all, time dilation is affected by two factors: either velocity or gravity. Distance has NO effect on time dilation (he is most likely confusing the finite velocity of light with time dilation). For example, it would take light 200,000 years from the time it was emitted to reach us if that galaxy was 200,000 light years away from us. This is due to the finite speed of light and has absolutely nothing to do with time dilation.

As distance has no affect on time dilation, an individual bicycling a few kilometers towards or away from us would also have no effect on time dilation. That said, velocity would affect time dilation. Suppose the individual is bicycling at or near the speed of light (irrespective of the direction), then they would experience time dilation. Similarly if the person was living on a black hole, the enormous gravity of the black hole would contribute to time dilation.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pistoche

Yeah that is why i post that before. It would apear that you are looking into the future/past if you are really far away from earth.But that is because of time it takes light to reach the eyes of the observer, not because you actually time travel by moving away from something...that is insane

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well, when we look at space, we see the past.

What is 1 light year away, happened last year.

So let's say that today, an alien race just got aware of our sentient existence...but the problem is, they are 1000 light years away. Even if they did travel at the speed of light, by the time they got here, it would be 2000 years later on earth than what they saw from their planet.

On the other other hand, if they could travel 2x faster than light, well then, they would get to us exactly at the time that they saw us from their planet. So in theory, you would need to travel more than 2x light speed in order to travel in the past.

I'm probably excluding many known and unknown factors but that the gist of what I get from it.
edit on 18-3-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I thought I read somewhere with this new finding that they think that gravity waves travel faster than the speed of light?

If this is the case, then wouldn't an alien race just (I know it wouldn't be easy) harness/create gravity waves to travel faster?

Maybe I read that wrong though.

It was just a thought.

I just went and re-read what I was thinking. Seems gravity waves were created from faster than light expansion of the universe....read it wrong..

Never mind!

lol
edit on 18-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pistoche

The scientist was talking about a 'time line' I think he meant that if you were in the same time slot, ie say your sitting down in a chair, and I'm walking toward you because im moving and your not, there is an ever so slight difference in our time slots, i've slowed down compared to you. The same as the test on those atomic clocks. just because one was in an aeroplane circling the globe they got out of synch. He maintains that if the difference in distance is greater the time slot increases, because the angle of variance over 200k light years, magnifies the difference. Nothing to do with the speed of light.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
To be honest I dont know much about the aliens but time, if someone doesnt mind could they post a picture of what time looks like thanks, because, if its real, then it has to look like something. I can see what light looks like, I can see that, thats a wave. I get that, but time?, whats that?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

The point is that we measure time only by a "succession of events" that happen one after another.A consequence cant happen before its cause so we know is "linear". So you can see time as it effects on the universe.
You cant see a black hole, but you know it is there because of the effect it has on other stuff.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zarzelius

That just sounds like a system of measurement that we have basicaly invented to help correlate speed and distance while watching stuff move.

Id just like to see a picture of time, because as I said earlier, if it exists, then we should be able to see it, much like everything else in the observable universe.

Blackholes are a funny thing though eh, in theory they emit a detectable radiation, which we can see. Probably know that exists, because I can see it.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

Yeah but you cant see the thing emiting that radiation or waves. It is still "invisible " to you. You know is there because it does something. Time is the same.
If time wouldnt exist, then you wouldnt age, a ball tossed in the air wouldnt fall, and all those silly things

I understand your point.As human beings, is hard to understand some concepts. You can have a pic of time , it is called a photograph

Joking aside, You cant see gravity, unless "measured" by the curve in space , by the bending of light , or by its force applied to an object.
Most forces cant be seen, and some other forms of energy transformations, like inertia for example.
Tons of things cant be seen , and we only know of it existence by their consequences on others.
edit on 18-3-2014 by zarzelius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You understand that implies influence in the fields it exists in right?, an invisible force exerting unseen forces on all objects hmmmmm. Sounds a bit fishy matey.

Im not entirely sure that it does, at all.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

The thing is , that is how it works. Gravity exerts force to all objects within its reach. Time just has a longer arm thats all.
You want a picture of time, but you dont ask a picture of a black hole, gravity, inertia , etc.
I take you are just fixated in us telling you that is true , time doesnt exist.
If thats the case, then , you are right, time doesnt exist and we just die because we believe we have to.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Nah its not mate, I just dont really trust your interpretation of what time could possibly be. And as far as I can tell in my research on time is that

a] you cant have a picture of it or ever see it, because it is invisible.

Sounds like pretty suspect and highly inconclusive data to me im afraid.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

4:15 has Brian Greene explaining the whole time loaf thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Basically it is saying that according to our understanding the future and the past are the same as the present.

Everywhere, everything and everywhen exist at once.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

You talk "my" interpretation and "your research". Why dont you show us your so called research so we can all be enlightned?
Because i never said i came up with that. I was merely explaining what real scientist have done to uncover that mistery.
But if you have done your own research, please, show us.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Krahzeef_Ukhar

Yup ive seen it.The thing is , no1 still came up with a good explanation for why it goes forward except by the big bang force that kinda "pushed" time to have the direction it has now. I know , those are very simple terms , but is basically that. Brian actually said it almost like that in a few specials on discovery channel.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Easy tiger, my research is soley based on what your telling me. Not exactly reading to much into the whole thing to the point of gettin weird about it you know. But you have made some pretty bold statements, lets be honest. You did just say that your explanation of time is basicaly what "scientists" thinks, surely not all the science?

You might like this though.

Wheeler–DeWitt equation

The Wheeler–DeWitt equation is an attempt to mathematically meld the ideas of quantum mechanics and general relativity, a step toward a theory of quantum gravity. In this approach, time plays no role in the equation, leading to the problem of time

edit on 19-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Just posting because I thought that was the link you were referring to that you would find later.

All this stuff is weird and the more about you know the weirder it gets.

I do love the idea that our understanding has gone past our own abilities to comprehend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join