It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Flight 370 Scenario So Far - Theory of an actual pilot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

thank you

makes sense

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well well, It looks like Wired.com, Business Insider, and India Daily have all picked up on this story as well.

Additionally, the author of this theory does carry some pretty good credentials.

"Chris Goodfellow has 20 years experience as a Canadian Class-1 instrumented-rated pilot for multi-engine planes."

www.wired.com...

indiatoday.intoday.in...

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I think he is trying to give a realistic explanation, but he's invested to the point he's excluding evidence.

The transponders, the fan passports, flying for seven hours after, this happening in an extended range plane..

I am sincerely starting to consider that two hijackers got on board with fake passports and they were in with one or both pilots.The co pilot was around the same age as the oldest hijacker and he was also the last voice to speak to air traffic control (which may very well be the norm).

I believe it was a hijacking and likely a crash, but possibly a landing.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

I think he is trying to give a realistic explanation, but he's invested to the point he's excluding evidence.

The transponders, the fan passports, flying for seven hours after, this happening in an extended range plane..

With the exception of the passports I thought the other stuff was covered, at least as I read it.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There's also this report from indonesian fisherman they saw a plane crash in the straits of malacca.

MANILA, Philippines — Fishermen claimed to have witnessed a plane crash into the waters in the Strait of Malacca off the North Sumatra provincial district of Pangkalan Susu in Indonesia.

The locals suspect that what they saw could be the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. The authorities have yet to verify the fishermen's claim.

"We saw an airplane crash around the Malacca Straits," Hendra, a fisherman, told state news agency Antara on Monday.

Source

But that area has been searched and yet still not a single debris from the plane has been found.
Me thinks plane is really in China.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by marhaba

By now the debris could be a long way from there. The main wreckage could be there and the light debris a long way off.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Most likely scenario. Plane was hijacked with one or both pilots helping the hijackers. Plane is taken to 45,000 feet and the atmosphere and air pressure slowly released to incapacitate or more likely to kill the passengers and crew.
The course west was plotted and was made in advance. No fire, no accident, no mechanical failure, no crash.
Witnesses in the Andamans have reported seeing a jet plane flying very low.
I'm hearing these rumors and speculations about it being a crash from both of the fringe left and the fringe right but nobody else. Odd.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutchowl

And of course the plane being hi-jacked is neither rumor or speculation right?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutchowl

To get to 45,000 feet they would have to dump fuel, a lot of it. That means getting to just about anywhere, including the Maldives problematical.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Probably and if it indeed crashed on those areas, by now some floating debris from the place would have reached the shores on indonesia and nicobar islands and we should have been hearing reports that people found some suitcases or luggages on the shores of those areas.
Yet still nothing. Maybe i'll give it another week before i change my belief that the plane is really in China.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

~Lucidity
Gut feel says this isn't what happened. In addition, experience pilots commenting or not, they left out a lot of pertinent information, and there is way more to this. Their theories neither appear all that well thought out nor appear as detailed as many (even those who basically say and have said what they do) The simplest answer is not inversely proportional to that amount of chaff being flung around about this. The simplest answer probably is a weapons test gone wrong or a meteor strike.

After the best theory yet which is consistent with the facts as we know them, your "simple answer" is a "weapons test" or a "meteor strike"??????

What evidence do you have for a "weapons test"? Why would anyone--China, the US, India--do a weapons test on a plane full of a couple hundred people, thus invariably causing a major international furor? For a "test"???? And a "test gone wrong"??? So testing a weapon on a moving target and NOT shooting it down would be a "successful" test? What's the upside here?

What is the probability of a "meteor strike"? How do either one of these possibilities explain the several hours of flight the plane did after its turn to the west? So it gets shot down or struck by a meteor and flies for several more hours?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
As sound as this theory was, it fell apart due to other evidence which shows it could not have happened the way the author stated.

Other pilots have pointed out the holes in this theory and all have stated it would be impossible for the event to occur this way.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by doubletap

You state "other pilots".

I would like to compare those other pilot's credentials to the authors credentials.

Chris Goodfellow has the following:

Wired Magazine
Chris Goodfellow has 20 years experience as a Canadian Class-1 instrumented-rated pilot for multi-engine planes.

20 years of experience is hard to beat for most careers.

Also can you please define "fell apart"?

I'd like to see if the things that are being used against this hold merit at all.
edit on 18-3-2014 by xmaddness because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Now you may think this a silly question but I have to ask. If the crew were overcome with fire before reaching their alternate destination and the plane was continuing on it's autopilot heading could it have landed in the ocean with little damage, relatively in one piece. I'm wondering, if the programmed decent was shallow enough and the sea was calm enough, could it have rock skipped into the ocean in one piece and then sunk? This assumes the passengers were also overcome by smoke. My guess is it would be nothing short of a miracle but I don't know for sure, so I'm asking.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I didn't make my point clearly (rushed posts from work). But you made it for me, and I thank you. They actually don't have any more or less evidence than I do.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Using other cases, specifically the Learjet incident, it seems it would have ended catastrophically.

In the Learjet incident, with USAF fighters watching (in horror), the Learjet finally ran out of fuel and stalled, went completely out of control, and crashed. It sounds like a horrifying thing to witness.

Source

The Learjet's cockpit voice recorder (CVR), which was recovered from the wreckage, contained an audio recording of the last 30 minutes of the flight (it was an older model which only recorded 30 minutes of data; the aircraft was not equipped with a flight data recorder). At 1710:41Z, the Learjet's engines can be heard winding down, indicating that the plane's fuel had been exhausted. In addition, sounds of the stick shaker and autopilot disconnect can be heard (with the engines powered down, the autopilot would have attempted to maintain altitude, causing the plane's airspeed to bleed off until it approached stall speed, at which point the stick shaker would have automatically engaged to warn the pilot and the autopilot would have switched itself off).
At 1711:01Z, the Lear began a right turn and descent. One NODAK 32 airplane remained to the west, while one TULSA 13 airplane broke away from the tanker and followed N47BA down. At 1211:26 CDT, the NODAK 32 lead pilot reported, "The target is descending and he is doing multiple aileron rolls, looks like he's out of control...in a severe descent, request an emergency descent to follow target." The TULSA 13 pilot reported, "It's soon to impact the ground; he is in a descending spiral." The fighter planes were at this point forced to break off their pursuit and had to land at local airports, having reached the limit of their endurance.
Impact occurred approximately 1713Z, or 1213 local, after a total flight time of 3 hours, 54 minutes, with the aircraft hitting the ground at a nearly supersonic speed and an extreme angle.[4] The Learjet crashed just outside of Mina, South Dakota, in Edmunds County on relatively flat ground, and left a crater 42 feet (13 m) long, 21 feet (6.4 m) wide, and 8 feet (2.4 m) deep. None of its components remained intact.

edit on 18-3-2014 by xmaddness because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Not saying I agree word for word with his theory but I also do not think this was terrorism, makes no sense.
The plane either crashed or exploded, where it is remains a mystery.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I initially thought his theory sounded logical, but since I am not a pilot, nor am I familiar with the intricacies of flying anything, I figured I would see what others had to say.

Here are a few of the links I relied on:

Pro Pilots Forum

Reddit Posting 1

Reddit posting 2

Now, for all I know everyone on all 3 of those links could be full of BS, but the inconsistencies they pointed out seemed logical and appropriate. If you find fault with the holes in Goodfellows theory, please point them out, since I could be way off base.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

But what if it didn't run out of fuel, just cruised itself into the ocean at a perfect angle, is there anyway it could skip like a rock until it stopped sort of like an autopilot landing on the Hudson River?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

No. The autopilot needs landing aids to make a controlled descent. The mode they would have been in would try to hold altitude until it stalled and crashed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join