It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Retaliates - Sanctions Against 'top' American Politicians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This is so absurd, it's like the Twilight Zone. No .. wait .... that's an insult to The Twilight Zone.
This is childish. It's beyond silly.

Russia invades the Ukraine and does a land grab with Crimea. Obama draws a line in the sand and says 'get out by Monday or else ..' Putin laughs and basically declares Crimea part of Russia. Obama weakly says .. 'oh yeah ... well ... we are going to punish a handful of your top officials by freezing their overseas assets!' Putin then laughs saying 'most of us don't have overseas assets.'

And now Putin says Russia will retaliate and have sanctions against top American politicians.
I bet Putin is laughing his backend off as he does it.

The Daily Beast - Russia Will Sanction US Senators

Putin is set to respond to Obama's sanctions of Russian officials with his own list. Several U.S. Senators and officials will be banned from visiting Russia, including Sen. Dick Durbin.

U.S. senators, congressmen and top Obama administration officials are sure to be on Vladimir Putin’s sanctions list; a response to the Obama Administration’s announcement on Monday that 7 Russian officials and 4 Ukrainian officials would be barred from holding assets or traveling to the United States.

Putin is expected to release his retaliation list as early as Tuesday and while the final list is still being crafted, it will include top Obama administration officials and high profile U.S. senators, in an effort to roughly mirror the U.S. sanctions against Russian officials and lawmakers, according to diplomatic sources. At the top of the list in Congress is Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, who recently co-authored a resolution criticizing Russia’s invasion of Crimea

What a bunch of childish hooooooey. Seriously.
Obama took his sanctions seriously.
I"m sure Putin is doing this more to make fun of Obama than anything.
MAJOR embarrassment for the USA ...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
YEP .. Like I said ... Russia is laughing at Obama's response.
No doubt the sanctions against the US Senators is part of them laughing at Obama ...

ABC News ... Russian Deputy PM Laughs At Obama Sanctions

(deputy Prime Minister) Rogozin, a friend of actor Steven Seagal, took to Twitter to tweak Obama, tweeting he thinks “some prankster” came up with the sanctions list.

In a later tweet addressed to “Comrade @BarackObama,” he asked, “what should do those who have neither accounts nor property abroad? Or U didn’t think about it?”

Another Russian on the sanctions list, Vladislav Surkov, also seemed unconcerned.

Surkov, a top Putin ideologue often called the Kremlin’s grey cardinal, reportedly told a Russian newspaper, “It’s a big honor for me. I don’t have accounts abroad. The only things that interest me in the U.S. are Tupac Shakur, Allen Ginsberg, and Jackson Pollock. I don’t need a visa to access their work. I lose nothing.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
this childish to and throwing,could very easily get outta hand......

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Obama and America should realise by know they wont hurt Russia with sanctions
Obama had to be seen to do something,"i know lets sanction their ass!"
Yeah right, that'll do the job. Fail.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
In the years to come, people will look back at this "quarrel" between the US and Russia like this...

edit on 18/3/2014 by flucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

SecretKnowledge

AMERICA knows it. But apparently Obama doesn't.
Either that or Obama knows it but he did it anyways just to look like he did something.
Even if that 'something' was absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

FlyersFan

SecretKnowledge

AMERICA knows it. But apparently Obama doesn't.
Either that or Obama knows it but he did it anyways just to look like he did something.
Even if that 'something' was absolutely ridiculous.

Why does obama think he has to do something?
Stay out of it, its nothing got to do with you. You're not the World Police y'know.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I agree! not just the US but also the UK, EU and other countries. the influence they had on bringing in the new government, they cant really say much against what Russia is doing... Hypocrites is all they are. also with saying the referendum is not recognized, are they going to say the same if Scotland votes yes for their independence?? I doubt it.....

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

SecretKnowledge
You're not the World Police y'know.

Americans know that. Obama and McCain do not.

I say this is Europes problem. Russia is expanding and engaging in a land grab. Putin is stone cold and KGB. He dreams of the old Soviet Union under his control - no doubt. Europe has to deal with him.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

FlyersFan

SecretKnowledge
You're not the World Police y'know.

Americans know that. Obama and McCain do not.

I say this is Europes problem. Russia is expanding and engaging in a land grab. Putin is stone cold and KGB. He dreams of the old Soviet Union under his control - no doubt. Europe has to deal with him.

It is not Europes problem, we had good relations with Russia (and still do regardless). Russia is not expanding and looking at land grabbing, NATO however, IS expanding at a fierce rate. KGB does not exist any more and he does not dream of Russia under his control, he already HAS Russia in his control for over the past decade (where have you been?). Europe deals with him every day, by trade.

edit on 18-3-2014 by sparklez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I cant wait to see the look on the brits collective faces when obama sends in alCIAduh with stinker missiles to help scotland
separate from the UK, start their own privately owned central bank , mortgage their country to the kilt with the IMF, and get their own privately owned oil company ...and then put their people into severe austerity...to pay for it all so the rothshildes can have it.

Petroleum Scotch....errr..not sure where the pipelines will come from or go to...

crimea voted, while the ukraine with its partly nazi coalition, was installed...its not a democracy..its an unhip-ocracy
edit on Tueam3b20143America/Chicago09 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

sparklez
It is not Europes problem, we had good relations with Russia (and still do regardless).

So far.

Russia is not expanding and looking at land grabbing,

That's funny.

KGB does not exist any more

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

he does not dream of Russia under his control, he already HAS Russia in his control for over the past decade

I said .. he wants the old Soviet Union under his control. Putin was/is KGB. He is 'old power Russia'. He's stone cold. He doesn't blink. He's brilliant. And he's old KGB with dreams of bigger power. It's a part of him. Obvious psychology.

(where have you been?).

Alive and aware for a lot longer than you, apparently.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you're in the US, well, must be scary having a, as some on ATS put it, 3rd world country thousands of miles away giving referrendums to the people of a neighbouring region.

If, as many on ATS have us believe, Russia has forced Crimea and the residents to join Russia against their will, where are all the people doing on TV with HAPPY HAPPY faces and laughter and giggles waving Russian flags coming from?

If, as many on ATS have us believe, they all are forced and have guns to their head (AK47s or Tanks), where are the guns and tanks in those images surely it will take a lot to control all those forced people no?

It was a hell of a loud applause during his speech, in fact I didn't think they would stop. Was somebody forcing their hands to clap?
edit on 18-3-2014 by sparklez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Anything that Obama or the west is doing against Russia is shooting themselves and their own people's well being in the foot.

Russia has already withdrawn billions from our banks, and that is personally Obama's fault.

And they supply Europe with gas.

Whole thing is completely insane!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Just for $^$%# and giggles. If the Yukon voted to become part of the US would say "fine let them go"? or would you say "damn that, it's Canadian land!"?

Crimea is not a separate country. it is a part of Ukraine. Same situation as above.

Again I am just curious if it would change if the situation was a little closer to home for you.

Not trying to cause an argument here BTW. I am seriously just asking you to picture that vote in your mind and be honest with how you would feel about it. I know how I would feel about one of our states voting to leave to join another country. Especially if it was done with that countries troops on the streets at the time.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

FlyersFan
This is so absurd, it's like the Twilight Zone. No .. wait .... that's an insult to The Twilight Zone.
This is childish. It's beyond silly.

Russia invades the Ukraine and does a land grab with Crimea. Obama draws a line in the sand and says 'get out by Monday or else ..' Putin laughs and basically declares Crimea part of Russia. Obama weakly says .. 'oh yeah ... well ... we are going to punish a handful of your top officials by freezing their overseas assets!' Putin then laughs saying 'most of us don't have overseas assets.'

And now Putin says Russia will retaliate and have sanctions against top American politicians.
I bet Putin is laughing his backend off as he does it.

The Daily Beast - Russia Will Sanction US Senators

Putin is set to respond to Obama's sanctions of Russian officials with his own list. Several U.S. Senators and officials will be banned from visiting Russia, including Sen. Dick Durbin.

U.S. senators, congressmen and top Obama administration officials are sure to be on Vladimir Putin’s sanctions list; a response to the Obama Administration’s announcement on Monday that 7 Russian officials and 4 Ukrainian officials would be barred from holding assets or traveling to the United States.

Putin is expected to release his retaliation list as early as Tuesday and while the final list is still being crafted, it will include top Obama administration officials and high profile U.S. senators, in an effort to roughly mirror the U.S. sanctions against Russian officials and lawmakers, according to diplomatic sources. At the top of the list in Congress is Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, who recently co-authored a resolution criticizing Russia’s invasion of Crimea

What a bunch of childish hooooooey. Seriously.
Obama took his sanctions seriously.
I"m sure Putin is doing this more to make fun of Obama than anything.
MAJOR embarrassment for the USA ...

You hit the nail on the head!

Good thread, S&F

USA is no longer being taken serious on any international political agenda.

Even Afghanistan is asking the U.S to leave.

The damage is done and it will be impossible to reclaim what we lost. No longer does the U.S. have the respect from other countries and is looked down on. Soon we can use the U.S. dollar as toilet paper.

OBAMA and the VP do not have the testicles it takes to run a country. Lets put a female in the White House (please God not Hillary).

Thanks OBAMA for destroying what was left of America.

edit on 18-3-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join