It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We celebrate St Patrick's day because

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
We celebrate St Patrick's day on the 17th of March because that was the day.........he died.
ah I bet you didn't know that, we actually celebrate his death!

Why?

Basically he was a Romano-British religious fanatic who arrived in Ireland (hired by the Romans), ordered the destruction of countless ancient stone religious monuments which he had smashed.
He ordered the burning of hundreds of books filled with Druidic knowledge (said to be over 800 in number).
He renamed all the sacred wells in Ireland after saints though they were sacred long before he arrived.
He outlawed many traditional Druidic practices saying they were evil.
He was so unoriginal that he took the leaf of the trefoil (shamrock) which had symbolic meaning to the Druids (the same meaning as the triskele) and he taught it represented the three aspects of deity to which the Irish probably said "we know we have been teaching that for a while around here"

His greatest achievement, he drove all the snakes out of Ireland,the snakes are no other then the Naddreds ie the Druids. He had hundreds of them rounded up and slaughtered like cattle.

So for destroying our history, our books, our ancient customs and religion it is only fitting that we celebrate the day the man died and not the day he was born

edit on 17-3-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My wife is Pat, I am Rick. So we celebrate St Patrick's day. Neither of us are actually saints though.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Guy sounds like a douche.

He's dead! Sweet!

Lets get drunk...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Lots of people do it for the beer

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Cuz Heineken label is green?

cuz clovers are green?

cuz leprachauns are.. green?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Back in the day when I drank I did so to celebrate important events..

Sunrise, Sunset, noon was always a big one.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
any reason for this stuff will bring on a party

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
WOW. That was a close one. I thought you were gonna say that St Patrick was a bad guy! Oh, wait, you weren't talking about Patrick Roy, Head coach for the Avs? My bad. Carry on. If you weren't talking about Patrick Roy who were you talking about? Oh right. that guy. with the snakes and the preaching. Glad I'm a Pagan. GO AVS !

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't think he was hired by the Romans. I thought he was originally a pagan who the Holy Romans imprisoned and "reeducated" into being Christian. He's not even Irish by birth.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Even animals celebrate this day...

Thanks for the low down on the bum...

Des

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Destinyone
Even animals celebrate this day...

Thanks for the low down on the bum...

Des

thanks for posting that pic. I needed that. Star for you.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hmm... I thought we celebrate St. Patty's day for an excuse to drink beer

Cheers all !!

edit on 17-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Wow. Very informative and am pleasantly surprised (I normally pass up this forum topic). Thanks!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

LUXUS
We celebrate St Patrick's day on the 17th of March because that was the day.........he died.
ah I bet you didn't know that, we actually celebrate his death!

Why?

Basically he was a Romano-British religious fanatic who arrived in Ireland (hired by the Romans), ordered the destruction of countless ancient stone religious monuments which he had smashed.
He ordered the burning of hundreds of books filled with Druidic knowledge (said to be over 800 in number).
He renamed all the sacred wells in Ireland after saints though they were sacred long before he arrived.
He outlawed many traditional Druidic practices saying they were evil.
He was so unoriginal that he took the leaf of the trefoil (shamrock) which had symbolic meaning to the Druids (the same meaning as the triskele) and he taught it represented the three aspects of deity to which the Irish probably said "we know we have been teaching that for a while around here"

His greatest achievement, he drove all the snakes out of Ireland,the snakes are no other then the Naddreds ie the Druids. He had hundreds of them rounded up and slaughtered like cattle.

So for destroying our history, our books, our ancient customs and religion it is only fitting that we celebrate the day the man died and not the day he was born

edit on 17-3-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

you missed the part where he was a slave...

Who was St. Patrick?

St. Patrick — brace yourself — was not actually Irish.

Patrick was a nobleman born in about 400 A.D. in Britain and kidnapped by Irish pirates at the age of 16, said Philip Freeman, author of St. Patrick of Ireland: A Biography.

Patrick was born into a religious family, but was an atheist early in his life. However, he rediscovered his faith while enslaved in Ireland, Freeman told USA TODAY Network.

After 17 years as a slave, St. Patrick escaped Ireland and found his way home, but returned to Ireland as a missionary.

"He said he was ready to die in Ireland in order to make his mission successful," Freeman said.

ParadesIt's unclear if St. Patrick did in fact die in Ireland, but March 17 is widely believed to be the day of his death, according to Freeman.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Actually I discuss this in length through various angles in the earlier portions of The Sha thread.

It's funny actually how many obvious aspects of this mythology have been overlooked.

You will probably like the section on "The Sham of the Rock" specifically it is on page 2.

If you go through all of it you will see I even explained things like the names of these beers mentioned above.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
if I just cracked open a new bottle of whiskey about an hour and a half agao, can I keep celebrating St Paddies until the Sun comes up? that seems fair right? One bottle to get through St Paddies day and another to go with breakfast the following morn? Whiskey and a few hash browns and a couple of Egg Mcmuffins sound great right now, and should look stunning on the sidewalk a few hours from now !

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

tencap77
if I just cracked open a new bottle of whiskey about an hour and a half agao, can I keep celebrating St Paddies until the Sun comes up? that seems fair right? One bottle to get through St Paddies day and another to go with breakfast the following morn? Whiskey and a few hash browns and a couple of Egg Mcmuffins sound great right now, and should look stunning on the sidewalk a few hours from now !

Hahahahahah famous last words... "sounds great right now" and come the morn youll be rueing the night before when you though evil deeds looked pretty before you made sexy sexy love to them with your gullet - hash brown or no.

You may jest about the sidewalk. Ive gotta step over that pizza topping and bile sauce

Drink up me hearties yo ho

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh no I'm totaly serious about the sidewalk. It's not my sidewalk. It's my neighbors. She likes to let her dog poop in everybody elses yard. Then she denies it an says it's "coyotes"? I thought to myself, what are the odds that coyotes are getting Kibbles and bits every day? and then I convinced myself that unless the coyote is walking around with a AMEX card and has access to wal-mart, then coyotes DON'T get kibbles and bits every day! So then I got a trail camera and caught her in the act. WHen I'm good and ready I'm gonna barf all over the sidewalk leading up to her door and drop some of the trail cam pics in the pile. poetic justice. It's an Irish Holiday no? my tribute to Yates in the form of a techni-color yawn !

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

LMFAO I love your style.

That is worth a day a year based on some goofy xtian snake murdering-no-it-was-really-druids guy we celebrate who died.

Hope it is Irish Whiskey tho.

Slante!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Awesome Post LUXUS! S&F

I was wondering who was going to tale this topic lol! Don't forget they celebrate St.Patricks Day a whole week too!

They have every right to still/& Again, practice Paganism behind Church doors. All the denominations.

I think a high populace stems of, Gaelic, Latin, Persian. Spanish, etc, all having mixed Ethnic background as Ireland did before Patrick

Ireland's total history is fantastic to me, thank you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join