It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic inflation: Spectacular discovery hailed!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm not too much in knowing in this area but i find this discovery HUGE.I'm just passing the news.

Scientists say they have extraordinary new evidence to support a Big Bang Theory for the origin of the Universe.

Researchers believe they have found the signal left in the sky by the super-rapid expansion of space that must have occurred just fractions of a second after everything came into being.

It takes the form of a distinctive twist in the oldest light detectable with telescopes.

"This is spectacular," commented Prof Marc Kamionkowski, from Johns Hopkins University.
"I've seen the research; the arguments are persuasive, and the scientists involved are among the most careful and conservative people I know," he told BBC News.

The aim has been to try to find a residual marker for "inflation" - the idea that the cosmos experienced an exponential growth spurt in its first trillionth, of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second.

British scientist Dr Jo Dunkley, who has been searching through data from the European Planck space telescope for a B-mode signal, commented: "I can't tell you how exciting this is. Inflation sounds like a crazy idea, but everything that is important, everything we see today - the galaxies, the stars, the planets - was imprinted at that moment, in less than a trillionth of a second. If this is confirmed, it's huge."

Link

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Amazing discovery I know little about this as the op but this thread is going to be huge ! Let the games begin

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Denoli
Amazing discovery I know little about this as the op but this thread is going to be huge ! Let the games begin

This is crazy, how the fellow atsers explain this

Inflation sounds like a crazy idea, but everything that is important, everything we see today - the galaxies, the stars, the planets - was imprinted at that moment, in less than a trillionth of a second. If this is confirmed, it's huge."

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

xavi1000
I'm not too much in knowing in this area but i find this discovery HUGE.I'm just passing the news.
Thanks for posting, but it looks like someone beat you to it with the same story from a different source...I'm sure this discovery is so big it's on many different sources:

Found: evidence of cosmic inflation: Proof of the big bang?

It helps to check the recent threads since search doesn't always work.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

xavi1000
Thanks for posting, but it looks like someone beat you to it with the same story from a different source...I'm sure this discovery is so big it's on many different sources:

It helps to check the recent threads since search doesn't always work.

Ah, ok, mods should close the thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

its just the other end of a block hole.......of countless black holes. Every time you enter one of them, the other end inside is another Universe, ad infinitum, like grapes on a grapevine, in a vineyard amongst other vineyards

None of this seems so exciting in the grand scheme

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Que the Vatican come out and say, no no, you cannot go further than the Big Bang Theory....

So we can study the Big Bang, whether if it's true or not all we want, but we cannot study anything beyond the so called "Big Bang".

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

I'm pretty sure that the Vatican has no say in what research scientists are doing lol. They can say whatever they want, but the scientists wont listen...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing thread...

thanks

top topics

join