It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas Celtic past

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

dreamingawake

, good for sharing. A Celtic(etc. although) past, ancient and modern.

Gods/Goddesses, Aliens or the "tall fair people"?

Gods or ETs?
Tuatha Dé Danann

That's a Scythian style carving, very different to the more 'celtic' ones:

Those above are from southern Russia. They're almost identical to the Irish ones, which would give credence to the claim that the Scythians came to Ireland and the West of Scotland.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I guess I should tell you guys that the Irish druids actually followed a Vedic religion and that their stag god ended up developing into the god known as lord Shiva in India.

I guess I should also tell you that in ancient vedic writings the Irish are known as the Danavas or Sudanavas that amongst them was their king known as maya danava. I guess I should also tell you that their original homeland was called Athalantham in vedic text and you should probably watch this video too

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

The world of the past may have been much more interconnected than anyone today readily believe's, Sorry if this seem's a little off thread but I think you may be interested, many years ago on television I watched a documentary about reincarnation and one of the cases was a woman whom sounded a little crazy (but then don't we all) but I think she was talking truth, now she claimed that she was the reincarnation of a temple priestess of Isis, When they went to the ancient ruin's of the temple she was able to show the film crew around despite never having been there before and knew thing's which only the archaeologists had known as well as claiming some thing's they had suspected, oddly she claimed the current worship practices of the indian Hindus as well as there forms of offering were virtually identical to ancient egypt.

You also mention a homelant to the north west, well when island of iceland was pushed up it altered the flow of the gulf stream and who knows how long ago but Greenland is actually a continent unlike iceland which is actually uplifted ocean bed and will one day sink back down so maybe it was Greenland they were indicating, it is believed the ice is millions of years old but it was not alway's there just like antarctica and even if the north was alway's snow bound it may once have had sheltered central plains, here are mountains pushed down by the ice which would challenge the alps and the enire centre of the continent is pushed to below sea level by the weight of the ice.

Talking about ancient religion's are you familiar with the oak bonding ceremony, in many way's the Druid were similar to the indian mystics but much darker and indulged in human sacrifice, an oak sapling was selected and the blood of a druid initiat was poured upon the root's thus symbolically linking this initiate and his oak (some say the trees sap was rubbed into his palm from where the blood was taken, another reason the oak groves where so important as they were seen as ancient druid's - knowledge of the oak and a way of talking to the underworld or performing dark magic was to inter a tree upside down - a tree not a sapling so that its branches reached into the underworld and it's root's the heaven's). An old oak was seen as wise and the presence of holly was seen as a symbol of even greater wisdom though the holly would often kill the oak it would stay green even after the oak was dead and through the dark cold european winter. You know christians (myself included) follow a being whom was put upon a tree, he gave a blind man whom was born that way sight and he saw people as tree's walking than after that point had been made he took some of the sight away so he saw people as people, The Greek Cthonian (god) Zeus was supposed to have made men from tree's.

When Osiris was gathered together after being cut up and scattered to the north the south the east and the west by his brother set and the traitors he was gathered together by ISIS his sister she used a twig for his manhood which could not be found (He had no heir), a tree or other person of the same wood or family was used as a surrogate or adopted for that purpose to create an heir (horus), She bound osiris body together (this is were the egyptian practice of mummification comes from) he was placed in a tomb and rose from death as a shining being, then the god's of heaven and earth (the living trees) formed a ladder to heaven (the duat or orions belt this ladder is the sword of orion) and he ascended to a throne as king of the afterlife.

Jacob was camped in the wilderness with only a stone for a pillow and his robe for a blanket, he had a vision of a ladder with many being's climing up and down it and a being higher than the ladder whom blessed him and gave him that place he lay on as an eternal inheritance, he told him his seed would be contrary so he would scatter them upon the threshing flood (the temple in jerusalem was built on a threshing floor) into the north the south the east and the west but a remnant (A branch or twig) he would keep true to his name and when all these thing's had been accomplished and all the world were his descendants he would raise that which remained true to him up even to his throne (A twig or branch for an heir) to be set upon it as rulers and judges of all the world.

When Jesus was crucified, he later died on the cross was entombed and rose only for the woman whom came to tend his body to see being's in shining white whom told them he was no among the dead,
Later he arose into heaven but on a cloud or spiritual form as he was really spirit manifest as flesh.

Real magic is knowledge but it can lead you astray so be careful.

edit on 18-3-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

The mention of this land indicates it was in the arctic circle since they talk about the sun always shining there, we know the only place there is continuous sunlight for six months of the year is the arctic circle. This resulted in myths that the people in those lands never sleep or dream. Though it was in the extreme north it was said to be a fertile land, apple trees grew there according to Celtic myths, just like Avalon.

The Oak tree is not mentioned as a sacred tree amongst Irish druids, their sacred tree was the rowan or hazel tree.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Very good Info !

as Most of yous are saying the same thing ive been saying in previous threads Interesting ,

before the last ice age to the Deluge ( Great Flood ) there must of been Ancient Trade Route around the World

a One World Civilization and There is Evidence of this as it Seems!

what people have to Realize IS! Modern Man * what we are today * has been on this Planet More then 250,000 Years!

That said The Forbidden Knowledge of Lost Technology from Star constellations to Building Mounds and similar Pyramid like Structures from both the Old and new World .. Is quite Amazing !

The Problem we have is The Lost Recorded History of How and why !

My Belief allot of the Answers Could been in a place Called Library of Alexandria and Part of the Ancient Library's of the Middle East including The Tablets, Scrolls, Cylinder seals, of the Sumerians yet to be Read & Deciphered ! out of the Thousands !

as I post before ! the Similarity of the Old and the new World ! in Earlier Threads

a Re Look Check the Link Below !

Artefacts, Atlantis and the route to the sea
www.atlantisbolivia.org...

Artefacts found in Bolivia and South America suggest an ancient Sumerian connection
www.atlantisbolivia.org...

edit on 19-3-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
as Some Said HYBRASIL

HYBRASIL Same Location as from the 15th 16th Century maps

PERI REIS Map of HYBrasil
Wonder if this Map he also made came from Various Ancient maps from the Library Alexandria ! ??
as the Claimed Famous Map of the Exposed partial un iced Antarctica !

The Ancient Trade Routes Similar structures Oceans Apart ??
To Me this is Part of the Evidence ....

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

you have interesting information, but a near criminal abuse of the exclamation point.

I am not knocking what you say. I am encouraging you to hone the format used to deliver your information. It will only aid your credibility....because what you have to say is interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Since we were talking about the stag horned god....thought you might find this interesting:

Taken from this thread today:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Wolfenz

you have interesting information, but a near criminal abuse of the exclamation point.

I am not knocking what you say. I am encouraging you to hone the format used to deliver your information. It will only aid your credibility....because what you have to say is interesting.

Lol your right to much of the Emote and expression abuse . in the heat of the moment of excitement

Well Thank You .

My Belief Cultures From the Old World Europe Asia etc.. Came to the New world at one Point Before Columbus and Leif Erickson as Legend In my Area Akwasasne Reservation (Mohawk Nation) Tales of Long ago of Giants Walking the Earth White and Red hair which More likely Vikings/Norsemen or Legendary Sea People,

VINLAND
en.wikipedia.org...

Vinland was the name given to an area of North America by Norse Vikings, discovered by Norseman Leif Eirikson, reputedly the first European to see the New World. Archaeology has given support to the long-held theory that old Norse sagas show Vikings reached North America c. 1000, approximately five centuries prior to the voyages of Christopher Columbus in 1492.[1] In 1960 archaeological evidence of the only known Norse settlement[2] in North America (outside Greenland) was found at L'Anse aux Meadows on the northern tip of the island of Newfoundland. This proved conclusively the Vikings' pre-Columbian discovery of North America. Recent archaeological studies suggest that this site is not the Vinland of the Norse accounts in its entirety but was the entrance to a larger region called Vinland by the Norse.[3][4] Before the archaeologists made their discoveries, Vinland was the subject of many stories, legends and fantasies which date to about 1300 AD. The legends have been analyzed to explore how medieval people conceptualized their world.[5]

But Ancient Old World May of Settled in the New World ..

As i have said ! Modern Man ( what we are today ) been on this planet for more then 250,000 years !
and with in that Span of those Years There may of been a Higher Intelligent Race Community, Tribe, Settlers
that had this knowledge. of Astrology, Geology, Geometry, Architecture, Mathematics, Trade Skill beyond our Knowledge.
That we have Difficulty to Duplicate Today, Like Sites, My Favorites Puma Punku , Easter Island, Hell Most of Pre Columbia Mexico Central America and South America , Now we Have Göbekli Tepe that is exactly over the 10,000 years Old.
Showing Similar art Work as Scottish and Irish Pict Stones which some think Picts Originated for the middle east.

and Speaking Of Picts Pict have Similarity's of the New Zealand Natives Maori and have Similar Art Style

BES OF EGYPT & TARANAICH-THOR OF EUROPE IN THE ANCIENT SOUTH PACIFIC.
www.celticnz.co.nz...&%20Thor/Bes&Taranis.htm

Interesting

Reconsidering Scotland's Past

As for another Subject For Proof of White Man And Native American Clash Cultures IS!

The Sami's ( Laplanders ) and Cree Indians of North America

and Similarity's of Vikings And Mohawk native Americans

Which i see as Proof.

Neolithic long house
en.wikipedia.org...

Longhouses of the indigenous peoples of North America
en.wikipedia.org...

Longhouses in the Viking Age
www.hurstwic.org...

Extreme Similarity's of Cree Indian North American / Sami Laplander Culture Northern Europe

Sami people
en.wikipedia.org...

Innu people
en.wikipedia.org...

Cree
en.wikipedia.org...

Cree Camp on the prairie, south of Vermilion (Lat N. 53 Long W. 111 nearly) Sept. 1871.

And Dont forget the !!

Inuit Eskimo North America / Chukchi people Russia ( reindeer herders like the Sami ) Connection ( Bering Strait Crossover )

and The Eskimo Culture is similar of the Sea Sami

Chukchi people
en.wikipedia.org...

The SAMI are Considered Caucasian but with a Unique Genes from any other Caucasian race

Population genetics of the Sami
en.wikipedia.org...

So People all Over the World came to Ancient America bringing their Culture with them.

(( Interesting ))

DNA shows Irish people have more complex origins than previously thought
Marie McKeown
Hub Pages
Fri, 05 Jul 2013 01:03 CDT
www.sott.net...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Vinland as an interglacial "paradise" is something I am familiar with, and certainly enjoy entertaining thoughts of.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Fascinating read guys, really very interesting thread.
This is what makes ATS great!!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

ATS Admins please message me what link that ats does not agree with and Ill take it out

insted of just wiping the whole post out Thanks You ..

And I suggest of what Sites that ATS does not Agree with or Refuse to link up with For Members of ATS

To Prevent Conflict Thank You ...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

LUXUS
reply to post by LABTECH767

The mention of this land indicates it was in the arctic circle since they talk about the sun always shining there, we know the only place there is continuous sunlight for six months of the year is the arctic circle. This resulted in myths that the people in those lands never sleep or dream. Though it was in the extreme north it was said to be a fertile land, apple trees grew there according to Celtic myths, just like Avalon.

The Oak tree is not mentioned as a sacred tree amongst Irish druids, their sacred tree was the rowan or hazel tree.

I'm not positive but I think oak used to stand for any large tree or possibly a tree associated with ritual. The word terebinth, or turpentine tree is translated as oak in the bible; see the Oak of Mamre. Cedars of Lebanon, are also representative of all evergreens of Lebanon oft times. I think this is the case in other sources besides the Bible btw.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Wolfenz
reply to post by Wolfenz

ATS Admins please message me what link that ats does not agree with and Ill take it out

insted of just wiping the whole post out Thanks You ..

And I suggest of what Sites that ATS does not Agree with or Refuse to link up with For Members of ATS

To Prevent Conflict Thank You ...

You should have gotten a u2u from the moderator that actioned that post. Get with them and figure it out. What you put up is something I had intended to read after work. So if you want to shoot it to me via u2u, i would forever speak positively of you and all other wolfs on ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Your close but you have to think a little bigger, the only part of the sunken island that is still out of water is the north tip which is known today as faroe islands. Perhaps a thousand years ago there was a hump roughly where you indicated that could be seen at certain times when the tide was low.

edit on 20-3-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The first rock art picture is very interesting to me, because I've always had a keen interest in the Anasazi. That rock art is located in Barrier Creek around Horse Shoe Canyon and associated with the Anasazi art drawings of that region. What is so interesting to me is the sea turtle and what looks like Jelly Fish with tentacles. The closest ocean to Utah is 700 miles away-the Pacific Ocean.

The Navajo called them "Anasazi" meaning 'enemy', 'stranger', 'enemy ancestor'.

They look like aliens to me, lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'd just like to say, Luxus, you've done some excellent research and in that pictograph I was referring to, the figure does appear to be Cernunnos. Wow, interesting! I'm sure the sea-faring Celts were familiar with the ocean.

Just a question, didn't the Celts highly regard the Oak?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

One major problem with the "Celtic" part of this argument, there were no "Celtic" peoples till around the 6th century BCE. That set of remains is also too old to even be Proto Indo-European (an language just like the various celtic ones are, as there are no "Celtic genes", so its hard to tell where the "caucasian" body came from. Oh and "red headed giants"? Red hair is not exclusive to the Irish (a sub group of the Celts), the Scots (a sub group of the Gaels), or for the guy wanting Vikings, no not them either, and Viking is not an ethnic group, its a profession in an ethnic group.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Noinden
reply to post by LUXUS

One major problem with the "Celtic" part of this argument, there were no "Celtic" peoples till around the 6th century BCE. That set of remains is also too old to even be Proto Indo-European (an language just like the various celtic ones are, as there are no "Celtic genes", so its hard to tell where the "caucasian" body came from. Oh and "red headed giants"? Red hair is not exclusive to the Irish (a sub group of the Celts), the Scots (a sub group of the Gaels), or for the guy wanting Vikings, no not them either, and Viking is not an ethnic group, its a profession in an ethnic group.

When several years back an analysis of comparative Mitochodrial drift was made of various ethinc groups some interesting find's came about.

Central and Western Ireland, Western scotland and parts of the british isles and france, Gaelic DNA about 60 thousand year's of drift so thus making that strain the oldest known european strain.
Scandinavia about 40 thousand years thus making them the second oldest strain.
The basques whom for a long time were claiming to be the oldest and original western european's shockingly are only 10 thousand years old as a strain making them by far the youngest while the slave were I think nearly but not as old as the Scandinavian strain as well as much more mixed, remember that during the ice age even if these people were not wher they are now they may have been isolated in small community's with little genetic diversity and so formed racial trait's which set them apart as more than simply ethnic groups but as sub races.
In africa the most genetic diversity of the human race can be found and all the races outside africa from australia to norway are related to the ethiopian' and east african down to south africa but accross to the east there are actually seven or more different mitochondrial strains found no were else (Except among descendants of slave's) which are the tribes which never migrated out of africa.
The celtic traditions are a hodge podge of many cultures but primarily indiginous western european, there language and culture are thought to have originated in an area to the south of the rheine but of course THOUGHT to have is the operative as there is incomplete evidence.
But the Gealic people's are actually a race of loosely connected and differential tribe's, rounder faces and sometime's more bulbous noses than the nordic strain, whom have larger squarer jaw's as a sterotypical image but almost identical cranium's, today however you would be hard pressed to tell whom was who as we are after all, all human being's with barely any real difference other than what we imagine is there.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

I know the British druids supposedly highly regarded the oak and mistletoe that grew upon it but for the Irish druids it was the rowan tree. Also British druids were said to wear white robes whilst Irish druids cloak was striped often with feathers attached, they often also had head dress such as stag antlers etc

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join