It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Medallion/Coin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Does anyone know what this??

I aquired it from a Freemason so it is definatly masonic..

But what are the symbols around the triangle? Ancient language,some sort of masonic alphabet?

Also what is the thing in the middle with the letters?

Is it a key to something...

I just can't work it out so any help would be grateful..

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   
That is so cool!

The only thing i could pic out was that the bottom writing (along the base of the triangle), looked like the word: NOVA

Apart from that...nada!

Why did the freemason give you it?

The only thing that i got from my grandfather (mason) was a small circular cork with a silver band around the sides????

I think it had 400 CORKY on it????

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I aquired it from my Grandfathers possesions after he passed away..He was a mason.

I don't know how old it is...

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I can't really help here....don't know that much about the masons?

Have you tried a search on the net? Maybe you'll get lucky and come up with a link to someone who knows!

It looks pretty well kept...no sign of deteriation....maybe 40 years old?
Thats a complete amateur guess!

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I've tried a search nothing came up blank..I thought it might be 40/50 yrs old aswell..

The hands at the bottom of the coin are the Real Grip of a Master Mason..

The Mason firmly grasps the right hand of a fellow Mason. The thumbs of both hands are interlaced. The first Mason presses the tops of his fingers against the wrist of the fellow Mason where it unites with the hand. The fellow Mason at the same time presses his fingers against the corresponding part of the the first Mason's hand and the fingers of each are somewhat apart. This grip is also called the Strong Grip of the Master Mason or the Lion's Paw. Instruction for this grip is given at the "graveside", after the candidate has been "raised".

Real Grip of a Mastermason Its password is Ma-Ha -Bone....

Past Grip of a Mastermason Its password is Tubal Cain....

[Edited on 24-5-2003 by The Real Deal]

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think you have to translate the words with that square.

something like this, but it doesn't match:

www.odr.org...

[Edited on 24-5-2003 by alienaddicted]

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted
I think you have to translate the words with that square.

What square???

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
sorry, edited post again, follow link in previous post

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Alien thanks for that it just confirmed something i see in a masonic book aswell,about the grids..But how do you read it work out what it say's..??

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have no clue, I don't know which letters you have to place in the squares and triangles

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
okay...think i know what your talking about here?

Try combinations of putting the 1st letter in a square and the 2nd in a triangle....reverse if it doesn't work!

If not......WHERE THE HELL IS MCGYVER WHEN YOU NEED HIM!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It could be Ma Ha Bone as it has a master mason grip with the hands at the bottom...Will it work as that is for a US lodge as this coin/medallion is from england.??

Do you reconise the thing in the middle????

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Real......you've confused the hell out of me now

Are you talking about the triangle with the little door and the thing that looks like a millstone and the letters?

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't have an information on the accuracy of this site or what it contains but after seeing your coin I did find something that may get you closer to finding some answers. About half way down this page is a symbol that does resemble your coin...Who knows, but you can check it out here...

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yes Gryffen..The block in the middle with the ring on top,letters in the circle...Looks like a weight or something??

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Real...check out that site that Mojo linked....its kinda similar!

I have to go to work so when you find out what the hell it is, u2u me and let me know?

Thanks and good luck

Welcome to ats mOjOm

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thanks mOjOm i will have to check it out later i have to go for a while,be back later any info will be great as to find out what it say's...

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The centre item is definately a Royal Arch Mason symbol, as well as the triangle.

I'm not sure about the lettering, bu that would be totally consistent with the owner's "mark".

Have you scanned the other side?

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Rahboni the other side is the same...no different..

I have since found out by another ATS member that this coin is called a Mark Penny and comes from the Mark Master Mason degree.

So know i know what it is and the center is connected to royal arch masons...But what does it mean what are the symbols,what does it stand for???

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
In the centre of the triangle, the object is called the keystone; as in the keystone at the top of an arch ( as in Royal Arch).

The letters inside the keystone are H-T-W-S-S-T-K-S, which stand for Hiram of Tyre, Widow's Son, Sent To King Solomon.

The triangle is one of the main symbols in Royal Arch Masonry, and is used along with other symbols for various officers and degrees.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join