It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Medallion/Coin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Could this be the same Hiram Abiff the architect of solomon??? as i have read that the stone with the letters is at the Temple above or covering the entrance of the Temple...

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hiram Abiff and Hiram King of Tyre are 2 different people. According to my recollection of our RAM book, HKoT bankrolled and supplied materials for the building of the Temple of Solomon.

And yes, the keystone would be atop the arch at the entrance.

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
rahboni, just curious, does your name have a masonic signifigance?

XAOS

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

In a sense it does....it is mentioned in one of the RAM degrees...second, I think. But I've been spelling it wrong for years..should be rabboni. Seems to me it's meaning is "teacher". I just use it because it stuck out in my mind.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Last night I put the symbols into Microsoft paint, and played with them, adding a line here, a line there, putting them into negative colors and so on. Nothing.

So I've concluded that they must stand for something, but I am not sure if it is even in english, it could be latin or french or greek or whatever.

Then again, they could just be decoration

XAOS

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It seems that the medallion, mark penny appears to be recieved on ones initiation as mark master...Working with others the symbols may have been deciphered,you will have to watch this space as to what they are..

The keyword Joppa which is for mark masons seems to be the key to the coin..

Joppa Pass word for Mark Masons.
This is probably a reference to 1 Esdras 3.7 which describes payment of the hewers of stone and masons in participation of the building of the second temple. Douay version calls it Joppe, King James calls it Joppa.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The lettering on the sides of the triangle is a form of masonic cipher, explained in the following link.

www.odr.org...

"There are two related versions of the Masonic cipher. The version used here is that explained informally to Blue Lodge members, and is not an official part of any authentic Masonic teachings in the Grand Lodge of California. The other is sometimes taught in Royal Arch Masonry, and differs in that the first half of the alphabet (A-M) is assigned to the plain outlines, while the second half (N-Z) are the dotted characters. It should be noted that as simple "substitution ciphers" neither provides more than a superficial cryptographic security. "

Using the version taught in Royal Arch Masonry and with no 'keyword' required i was able to decipher the following....

With a little further research we discovered the relationship between JOPPA, KEBRIOTH(Keb Raioth), and MAEKWELL(Mark Well) and the initiation of a Mark Master.

"Joppa Pass word for Mark Masons. This is probably a reference to 1 Esdras 3.7 which describes payment of the hewers of stone and masons in participation of the building of the second temple. Douay version calls it Joppe, King James calls it Joppa.

Mark Well Ezechiel 44, 5. The words for mark masons. It is contained within the verse which discusses beholding with the eyes and hearing with the ears. This probably points at the freemasonic term �those with eyes to see and ears to hear�. This is also a common biblical reference, particularly in revelations. Contained in both Douay and King James.

The other words do not appear to have a biblical origin. These are Keb Raioth or Kyrock. However there was an Egyptian deity named Keb, god of the earth."

www.angelfire.com...

What's still not certain is the true meaning of the deciphered words/names, what exactly they refer to and their significance in history or masonry. Has anybody heard of them before, have any knowledge of their meaning or how they are to be interpreted?

There are plenty of references to JOPPA in the bible and as a follow up i'll be posting these shortly unless somebody beats me to it. I only looked breifly but there were various mentions of masonry, Hyram, Tyre, lodges etc. in those passages.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
nice

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
As i said it took a lot of working out,Levitationjunkie doing most of the hard work..But what can it mean references to a egyptian god,joppa...

Joppa ezra 3:1-7

6 From the first day of the seventh month began they to offer burnt offerings unto the LORD. But the foundation of the temple of the LORD was not yet laid. 7 They gave money also unto the masons, and to the carpenters; and meat, and drink, and oil, unto them of Zidon, and to them of Tyre, to bring cedar trees from Lebanon to the sea of Joppa, according to the grant that they had of Cyrus king of Persia.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hi. I also have a masonic coin from my grandfather. Any help on ID would be greatly appreciated. I cannot see the original posters picture but I have added an external link to pictures of my coin.

s681.photobucket.com...

s681.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
That is so cool!

The only thing i could pic out was that the bottom writing (along the base of the triangle), looked like the word: NOVA

Apart from that...nada!

Why did the freemason give you it?

The only thing that i got from my grandfather (mason) was a small circular cork with a silver band around the sides????

The cork is from a cork degree done in Scotland i don't think its an official degree but done for fun and charity, i know of 2 lodges that perfom the cork degree on is St Thomas in Larkhall and the other is in Shettleston.
I think it had 400 CORKY on it????

top topics

<< 1   >>

join