It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with this picture. Trees on Mars? Wth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This picture was just posted on USA today. They said its from NASA JPL Images.

Looks like dry brush, or trees to me? Of course I am probably wrong, but wanted to share and have your opinions on this.

Have a look!

Thanks to user Riffrafter for helping me with the pic!!

edit on 16-3-2014 by The Coward because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

Wow thats a crazy picture is that real iv never seen a mars pic like that before snf

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The Coward
This picture was just posted on USA today. They said its from NASA JPL Images.

Looks like dry brush, or trees to me? Of course I am probably wrong, but wanted to share and have your opinions on this.

Have a look!

z-1-scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net...

If any of the Mods could help me put the picture up it would be great. Its been a long time since i visited and don't quite remember how to put images and other stuff here.

Thanks!!

yep trees....but they won't send any rovers to check it out....not to take your wind but this has been covered on here

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

This, to me, just looks like ice.

The 'trees' we're seeing are merely cracks in the ice that are spread along the surface giving the illusion that they're growing outwards.

If these were trees you'd have to assume that the cracks going downwards are trees too. I've never before seen an upside down tree

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Joneselius

The 'trees' we're seeing are merely cracks in the ice that are spread along the surface giving the illusion that they're growing outwards.

ye I thought that

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Joneselius

If these were trees you'd have to assume that the cracks going downwards are trees too. I've never before seen an upside down tree

ye it is mars tho could be upside down tree's are the norm up there

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't know guys, have a real good look. some of them look like trees, not cracks. If they are cracks then that is one hell of an illusion. Crazy!!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

They say it is the stuff under the surface running and if you see the right angle it looks flat and like the runs are down the dunes, not up like trees.

link   

Not really, this is why you're not seeing the trees go higher than the floor itself, they're not even casting shadows.

These are cracks in ice. look at the far left side of the surface in the bottom left of the picture. This is clearly cracked ice. There's no branches, no fallen leaves. Nothing.

This is why the trees are all coming out of the TOP of the hills. There's no structure to them, or depth. They're flat along the surface. Aka cracked ice.

link   

It looks like cracks with trees growing out look at the bottom left "crack" the "trees" on the far left look abit round at the top n not the right angle to be "cracks" if ya get me

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

What is that like snow then or what n red rock under the cracks or is there an effect on the pic it loooks mad

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Ok, so if these are "Cracks" Then explain why do they appear to blur the tree trunk area? Like if you zoom in well, and toward the top picture to where the tallest trees are, you can see that it appears to be as if they blurred the middle parts where the roots and trunk begin to come out of the ground. Why do this?

link   
reply to post by BoovDawg

Either way it looks like there could defo be life on there now rather than just like the rocks n sand pics always looks inhabitable on them

link   
I think it is a picture located near one of the poles, and when winter is over, like here, it gets warmer, and liquid flows from the inside of the planet. If you look at some of them "trees", bottom left, there is one of those features that is smooth on a side and "branch like" on the other side.

It is liquid going downhill.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well it would help to know what/how/where the picture was taken.

If it is an orbiting satellite, then it would be 100 miles? above the surface, then that is some big a** trees.

If it is the rover, then they are miniature little cracks in the ice.

Either way, just looks like cracks in the ice, or maybe liquid whatever it is methane/h2o/carbon dioxide etc showing the red dirt surface underneath.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
From extremetech

In the winter, as temperatures fall to around -153 Celsius (-243 F), carbon dioxide freezes, forming a few-meter-deep layer of dry ice. When the winter ends and sunlight strikes the dry ice, it sublimates into gas, creating massive winds that travel at 250 mph (400 kph).

[snip]

the black splotches are believed to be explosive pock marks left behind by sublimating CO2.

edit on 16-3-2014 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That picture is good, showing anomaly.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

This section titled the real mars, is good.

Trees beyond a doubt, lakes too.

www.enterprisemission.com...

In the latest in what has become an on-going series of aggressive, push-the-envelope statements by Sir Arthur C. Clarke, he has again managed to upset the apple cart by directly stating what so few in the planetary sciences community are willing to admit -- things are not as we have been told regarding our solar system

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
to me it seems like an illusion like thats the designs on the piece of land. and it all exists on a 2D plane.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
To the OP - Here's your pic:

This is a pic that's crying out for some scale.

Anyone have any ideas on that?

edit on 3/16/2014 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I don't see any snowmobile trails at all in that area.. No smoke coming up from the sauna either.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join