It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with this picture. Trees on Mars? Wth?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sometimes rotating images can make things easier to deal with.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well of course if you rotate it, it will look different. But, the question would be, why are most the cracks facing the same direction? Upwards?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The Coward
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well of course if you rotate it, it will look different. But, the question would be, why are most the cracks facing the same direction? Upwards?

Elevation

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

Gravity. Slides. It's on a hillside if you note the larger slides that are not brown, you can see that.
edit on 3/16/2014 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
There's a guy in Australia who says the Mars missions are fake and they really land the rovers in the Australian outback. That would explain some things, like the famous "cave man" picture.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Proof? Any links to the claims and how he knows?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Looks like bare spots on mountains in a snowy region. I'd love to be the first one to snowboard that powder! Can you imagine snowboarding on mars?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

SixX18

Looks like bare spots on mountains in a snowy region. I'd love to be the first one to snowboard that powder! Can you imagine snowboarding on mars?

Yes, actually I could, it would be about the same thing as snowboarding on earth. Probably a bit more boring since there arent any "trees" to make it amazing.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

And i suppose the little dots/speckles are people?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

EA006

Now that is just a very dumb kinda sarcasm. Brother, get serious, I am looking for Insightful posts, not a lame try at 4th grade sarcasm. Take a hike, wont ya!!!
edit on 17-3-2014 by The Coward because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Breaking News: Conspiracy website "abovetopsecret.com" has discovered that life really does exist on Mars. The most skilled experts in their field apparently overlooked trees captured in pictures taken by the most high-tech multi-million dollar aerospace photography equipment ever created. The world will forever be grateful for this amazing discovery made by a middle-aged man living in his mother's basement in North Dakota who goes by "The Coward." NASA officials could not explain the oversight of such an amazing find, which will surely re-write the history books and cause us to re-think everything we thought we once knew.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

ghostfacekilah00
Breaking News: Conspiracy website "abovetopsecret.com" has discovered that life really does exist on Mars. The most skilled experts in their field apparently overlooked trees captured in pictures taken by the most high-tech multi-million dollar aerospace photography equipment ever created. The world will forever be grateful for this amazing discovery made by a middle-aged man living in his mother's basement in North Dakota who goes by "The Coward." NASA officials could not explain the oversight of such an amazing find, which will surely re-write the history books and cause us to re-think everything we thought we once knew.

Kinda pathetic you had to think all that sarcasm just to say a load of nothing. All you had to say was, they are not trees. And I live in Florida by the way, and not in a basement or a tree-house! Bum!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Looks more impressive if you don't blow it up.
but yeah, if you simply expand the picture, you will see its just cracks. you will note the "tree" tops never go over and above any line showing a hill.

Cool snow pic though. If we go to mars, that is definitely where to land the spaceship.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The photo has been around for over 4 years:

www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Haha I'm sorry man. I was just pointing out that I'm sure scientists would have discovered the trees already if they were there. I don't actually think you're a nut living in your mom's basement. I was just trying to be a little humorous and I'm sorry if I came off as insulting or condescending. I don't even trust that NASA would make everything they know public, and there are always new things to be discovered. It's rare for people to post a thread with actual evidence that we can speculate over. This is actually an interesting and constructive thread that we need more of on ATS. Much better than the "If God is real why does he let (blank) happen" or "I had a crazy dream last night" threads. My apologies.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I'm half asleep and don't feel like reading through the thread to see if anybody else mentioned this, but I remember reading about these before and I'm pretty sure the proper explanation was some sort of gas or liquid escaping from the ground and freezing.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

The Coward

EA006

Now that is just a very dumb kinda sarcasm. Brother, get serious, I am looking for Insightful posts, not a lame try at 4th grade sarcasm. Take a hike, wont ya!!!
edit on 17-3-2014 by The Coward because: (no reason given)

Got my Scouting badge for Sarcasm back in '92.
Got my Topiary on Mars badge the year after.

Phhht...Calling me out!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

CB328
There's a guy in Australia who says the Mars missions are fake and they really land the rovers in the Australian outback. That would explain some things, like the famous "cave man" picture.

If that is one of the 'Rover from Australia' pictures, I present a huge hole in your theory. Australia has no ice fields, just endless desert. A few mountains have snow and they look nothing like that I can tell you.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
A reminder that

courtesy is mandatory and that we expect civility and decorum within all topics.

It's possible to discuss any opinion without discussing the person that presented it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

They say it is the stuff under the surface running and if you see the right angle it looks flat and like the runs are down the dunes, not up like trees.

Heard about that one...I'm not convinced. Some appear upright to me...however...some are clearly flat and perhaps cracks.

Numbers 1,2,3 are more likely cracks...however...4 and 5 are suspect. I'm trying to see a crack on No5...but I just don't.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join