It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine’s Gold Reserves Secretely Flown Out and Confiscated by the New York Federal Reserve?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So possibly another turn in the events in Ukraine, who or what could possibly remove all the gold?

A Russian Internet news site Iskra (“Spark”) based in Zaporozhye, eastern Ukraine, reported on March 7, that “Ukraine’s gold reserves had been hastily airlifted to the United States from Borispol Airport east of Kiev”. This alleged airlift and confiscation of Ukraine’s gold reserves by the New York Federal Reserve has not been confirmed by the Western media. According to Iskra News: At 2 a.m. this morning [March 7] an unmarked transport plane was on the runway at Borispol Airport (right) [east of Kiev]. According to airport staff, before the plane came to the airport, four trucks and two Volkswagen minibuses arrived, all the truck license plates missing. Fifteen people in black uniforms, masks, and body armor stepped out, some armed with machine guns. They loaded the plane with more than 40 heavy boxes.

goo.gl...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

Didn't this go down last week? Seems I've seen this posted before, say, last Wednesday?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Did a preliminary search, I don't think so but I'll keep looking for it. If so, mods please delete.

Edit - Found it here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I apologize for the separate thread.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Darolla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It was removed last week or so for safeguarding to protect Ukraines gold reserves in the case of a Russian invasion of the mainland. Nothing more to it.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Lets see if we give it back when the smoke clears...

I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

benrl

Lets see if we give it back when the smoke clears...

I wouldn't hold my breath.

the germans are still waiting for theirs...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Lets just hope none of it can be traced to ownership to any Russian gas lords, or bad things will happen. A lot of that gold will slowly but surely disappear as NATO brings back the spoils.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
At least they have plenty of room in Ft. Knox to store it.
edit on 16-3-2014 by baboogdi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

One would almost think that seeing the Ukraine wants to join the EU it might be a better place seeing Nuland's Fu%@ EU statement .

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by baboogdi

Right? I think that has more to do with it than anything, just another opportunity to "forget" what belongs to who and act like nothing happened. Which we are so good at.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

Wasn't sure if I saw it here or confused it with a story at Aljazeera, RT or something. Thought I'd seen it somewhere. I think you're safe though as you are in a different forum. That's given that I understand the rule at all

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Nothing was "confiscated." If Ukraine's reserves were actually flown to New York, it was with full knowledge and permission of Ukranian authorities, likely to ensure the gold's safety. There is no way anyone could steal Ukraine's gold without their knowledge and without it being a major international news story. That is an act of war, and Ukraine would be going bananas if their gold was simply "confiscated."

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Maybe they just cashed in for weapons?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It'll be interesting to see if the US pays off any of it's debt in the near future. Say about.............40 heavy boxes worth ?

Could be worth monitoring ?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Another few months of keeping down the gold price and Petro Dollar up and China buying the gold for Dollars. Seems the game will go on for a little while longer now that FED/Treasury got some more gold to lose.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Exactly, they should confiscate the gold yet, and thus pay the U.S. household debt. There are numeros offers on the Internet, which allow the purchase of gold. So you could directly reach two goals. On the one hand the evil forces in Ukraine will not get the gold, and on the other hand, the U.S. is relieved of a few debts.

new topics

top topics

join