It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Fred Phelps, founder of Westboro Baptist Church, near death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I hope he finds the peace in death that he could never find in life. Perhaps he will come to understand that a Father should love all his children, not just the ones that live as he dictates. I can't say that I would wish a longer life for him, but I wish death on none.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well ... it's been four days and no news.
I guess he's not as close to death as the news claims???

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

We each have to decide what we believe, though.

I've rather decided that I can't know - and neither can anyone else, including any of the Phelpses - belief does not equal fact.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well, he's gone now.
I guess we'll have to see how the public reacts to the funeral.
May he find his answers.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

He is? And this morning he wasn't?

Give us a link, man!

Oh, here it is:www.usatoday.com...

Fred Phelps Sr., a fierce opponent of homosexuality whose protests at military funerals prompted two federal laws, died early Thursday, his daughter Margie Phelps says. She didn't give the cause of death or the condition that recently put him in hospice care. He was 84.

Yep! This morning he wasn't, but now he is!

edit on 3/20/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The Phelps family has inspired some truly creative activism by pro-equality activists, who used their appearances to raise funds for progressive organizations, and who created visually striking walls of “angels” to keep Phelps family protesters out of view of grieving family members.

Fred Phelps’s decision to protest military funerals may have accomplished the most in terms of helping more Americans view anti-gay bigotry as broadly un-American. He may have left exactly the legacy he didn’t want.

- See more at: www.rightwingwatch.org...

Ironic. He may have been the spark that ignited the movement to support LGBT rights!

If that was God's purpose for creating him, well -- okay then.
RIP rather than SIT (Suffer in Torment)? (I don't believe in hell, I was just wondering what the opposite of RIP would be; figured it must be SIT. Or GTH?)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

We each have to decide what we believe, though.

I've rather decided that I can't know - and neither can anyone else, including any of the Phelpses - belief does not equal fact.

There is a point where faith comes into play, of course. We all have to decide in what we have faith, if anything. In their case, I do feel sorry for the children that grew up in such an atmosphere. Some of the stories I have read, from those that left, are truly sad.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wonder what he did to get rid fellowshipped by his own herd.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join