It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Fred Phelps, founder of Westboro Baptist Church, near death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hopefully people will ignore the funeral and not show up. That way, the people who are still members of that church won't get any 'bang' from it. They won't be able to use the picketing in any manner to make themselves feel justified in what they do.

Actually, that's probably the best idea. No picketing, no news clips beyond a second or two blurb of the matter. No press. Show these people what respect is, and actually hopefully, show them the error of their ways.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I wish that would work with these people.

They obviously do not understand class, dignity, respect or anything else.

I think the whole Country should show these losers we will not tolerate it.

Protesting with children with those hideous signs just trying to evoke a response.

We should let the rest of these scum see how much we appreciate them.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

jaynkeel

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by jaynkeel

And no I don't care how cruel that sounds

^^^ That is where the problem lies and makes you no different than them.

No there is a huge difference between me and him. A man that devoted his life to making others suffer especially in times of pain of the loss of a loved one cannot compare to me saying that this world will be a better place without him in it....

Maybe my thought process is twisted, but I find any form of cheering for death or 'dancing on the grave' disgusting.

Have you ever heard the phrase 'your mind is so open your brains are falling out' ? For some reason that sounds appropriate here.

I guess the world should not have rejoiced at the deaths of men like Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong, or Kim Jong Il either?

Face it, the world is now a better place in the absence of men like this, and Phelps is right up there with them. I have no doubt if he had the intelligence and resources to get to the level of these men he would have committed the same atrocities as they. The country and world as a whole will be better off without Phelps. You are not taking any moral high ground by wishing him a speedy recovery. Some would say you are a Phelps supporter.

Did he have the right to free speech? Yes. . . does that give him the right to make hundreds of other peoples lives WORSE than they already are after having suffered the death for a loved one? No. And I will not even grace that with a justification, because likely everyone else on this board knows why. You . . . . maybe not, and if you don't, you have much more important things to figure out about this world than why he should not have done what he did.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

These people are just like internet trolls, they feed off of attention. Remove the attention, and they will go away. They really will. While a reasonable thought might be to evoke and eye for an eye response. That would feed them all the more. Ignoring them is the only real way to rid the world of these hate mongers is to ignore them and let them go away.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

HauntWok
reply to post by whyamIhere

These people are just like internet trolls, they feed off of attention. Remove the attention, and they will go away. They really will. While a reasonable thought might be to evoke and eye for an eye response. That would feed them all the more. Ignoring them is the only real way to rid the world of these hate mongers is to ignore them and let them go away.

You are probably right.

I just despise this entire clan. They do evoke a response from me.

I just hope this family goes away.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chuck258

The man's dying. He's miserable. Let him go. Let them put him in the ground already.

Nursing your own negative feelings about him isn't doing yourself any favors.

He will earn the reward he receives. I mean that.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I hope he burns in hell. nothing what his group has done deserves a applause or a pat on the back if their is a god.
edit on 17/3/2014 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I see all these people saying that if we dislike this man then we
are as bad as he is. NO, i refuse to accept that. This man hated
people simply because they were one thing or the other, because
his religion told him to. He protested funerals for good people,
mentally torturing their families and then i am going to be told
that my disliking him because of those things is the same? Nope.

He has earned any hatred or dislike that he receives. I am so tired
of this group that seems to think somehow these type of people
deserve any respect whatsoever. The only thing they do deserve
is the right not to be murdered. This man worked hard to earn
being despised and i will not disappoint him right at the end....

So long to a man who brought nothing but hatred and destruction
of decency. He will not be missed.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
How fitting that he was a victim of a coup and is now in a hospice.I bet he had visions of some palatial place to spend his final days.The hatred he spawned turned on him.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Oh,
What a nice ray of sunshine sleeping at night while living off of the funding profits of the divide and conquer agenda.

I won't forget to send my regards rainbow colored funerary flowers and a nice portrait of DIO giving him the "devil horns".

Not that he's even worth the effort. Hope, his uh... *snip*, followers enjoy it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

I don't think anyone is saying to not dislike this man. Hell hate this man if you feel that way, he has more than earned scorn. I think the general consensus is that instead of doing unto them what they have done instead do unto them what we would wish they would do unto others.

I personally think this man is a piece of
and quite earning a trip downstairs. But I wouldn't waste the energy picketing his funeral. That's what his "family" would want. To picket his funeral would in their minds justify their actions.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

If he passes, in lieu of flowers send your donations to The Liberace Museum, Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.

I'd be in favor of the prayer "protest", praying for his soul. But I also expect that people would do quite a few street theater type events, to upload on youtube. Likely the family will have a very private burial or cremation, just to escape this type of thing, or maybe they'll go the opposite way and make it very public - and picket it themselves!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

About time this wicked heartless troll meet his maker, hell wont take him even. I would be curious to see who protests his funeral ? Its funny the other day I was discussing the Roeper cult with a friend and concluded that church of blasphemers would die off as soon as the old man and Crazy shirley kick the bucket . Well thats one down.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It will be interesting if someone pickets his funeral with a "GOD hates Fred Phelp's family" sign.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Freenrgy2
It will be interesting if someone pickets his funeral with a "GOD hates Fred Phelp's family" sign.

From what I understand ... the mans son escaped the 'church' and is now a very outspoken advocate for LGBT issues. He's not gay himself, but he's trying to make up for the hate his father has caused. Nathan Phelps

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sometimes I really wish there is afterlife... (nah, just kidding... don't mean to scare little ol' man with fire and angry man in skies he interpreted very wrong
)

What I really wish is that they make pride parade funeral in his honor and for his family... would serve them well.

And just to be clear, I really don't hate him or his followers. I actually like them, as they remind me what wicked interpretation of 'sacred' book can be if you follow it literally. As Bill Maher used to say - they are best example of real followers.

Here is Michael Moore take on this...

edit on 17-3-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I deplore this guy's message and tactics as much as anyone, but I have to tell you that I cannot celebrate his impending demise because that puts me down at his level. And for you people who are proclaiming victory and singing "rah! rah!" here, listen to yourselves. You have become the purveyors of hate you profess to detest. Shame on you.

The thing is, you're next. Death shows no favorites.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

Well, there isn't a lot of information on why he was removed from the "church" he founded, but what I can see might indicate he had some change of heart. All we can do is pray that he will seek forgiveness before he's gone. God offers that to everyone, after all.

Love the avatar pic, btw.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

but what I can see might indicate he had some change of heart. All we can do is pray that he will seek forgiveness before he's gone. God offers that to everyone, after all.

Or, he might have gone mad. Why would the estranged family be barred from visiting? I asked that earlier: on whose orders are first-degree family members not allowed to see him???
Nate says that he was totally cut off, shut out, excommunicated --- decades ago.

Other than that: yes, everyone is going to be okay. The Source accepts all. If one soul screws up/needs more education, they simply come back and go again.

It's not that complicated.

edit on 3/19/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: typo

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

but what I can see might indicate he had some change of heart. All we can do is pray that he will seek forgiveness before he's gone. God offers that to everyone, after all.

Or, he might have gone mad. Why would the estranged family be barred from visiting? I asked that earlier: on whose orders are first-degree family members not allowed to see him???
Nate says that he was totally cut off, shut out, excommunicated --- decades ago.

Other than that: yes, everyone is going to be okay. The Source accepts all. If one soul screws up/needs more education, they simply come back and go again.

It's not that complicated.

edit on 3/19/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: typo

From what I gathered, the family itself made that restriction, with those in charge telling others they aren't allowed to see him. I didn't get the impression that the hospice passed such a restriction. I might be wrong, though; there isn't a lot of information on that. I have read that other family members that left were totally cut off. The whole "church" (so NOT Baptist...) is nothing more than an extended family, from all I have read.

I have to disagree on your other point. I firmly believe that forgiveness is available, but I don't believe that all will accept it, and thus not all will receive it. I don't believe reincarnation is real at all. We each have to decide what we believe, though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join