It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Fred Phelps, founder of Westboro Baptist Church, near death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
"Father forgive him, for he knew not what he was doing." (paraphrased from Jesus)

ETA .. man that was hard to say. I've gotta' work on my christian attitude ....

edit on 3/16/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Nathan Phelps noted that he is “not clear” as to why his father was ex-communicated. “I only have hearsay on the reason, and two different versions, so I won’t comment at this point other than to say he was moved into another house and watched over so he wouldn’t harm himself.”

From the OP's source.

He was a danger to himself after his excommunication?
I wonder what's in his will?
Hmmm. Maybe the guy went mad - who knows, maybe he was so angry he went ballistic;
and maybe he was the one who said "Don't let any of those who abandoned us come to see me."

What a tragic story to go down in the annals of religious insanity. What a mess.
What do you think the fam will do? Continue on with their hate-festivals?

Would be really ironic if a huge crowd of LGBT people showed up to pay their respects.

Seriously, I doubt they'll have a public funeral, though. And as someone above said, obviously something awful caused this man to be so cruel and hateful...
family systems. Tough to break a cycle of swirling water from succumbing to gravity.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by jaynkeel

And no I don't care how cruel that sounds

^^^ That is where the problem lies and makes you no different than them.

No there is a huge difference between me and him. A man that devoted his life to making others suffer especially in times of pain of the loss of a loved one cannot compare to me saying that this world will be a better place without him in it....

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs
Would be really ironic if a huge crowd of LGBT people showed up to pay their respects.

I just went to one of their big chat sites. Some said 'good' and 'he should be picketed' ...
but most said not to display the same kind of hate that he did.
It'll be interesting to see which way this goes.
I hope people ignore it.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

caitlinfae
reply to post by Skyfloating

I nearly spat my tea out at that....from a Moderator too...how excellent!
I don't wish anyone ill, not even him, on their deathbed, but seriously...he has some explaining to do when he gets there, I think.

.....nobody will be able to understand his 'explaining' with that rubber ball gag in his mouth.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

jaynkeel

zilebeliveunknown

No there is a huge difference between me and him. A man that devoted his life to making others suffer especially in times of pain of the loss of a loved one cannot compare to me saying that this world will be a better place without him in it....

Maybe my thought process is twisted, but I find any form of cheering for death or 'dancing on the grave' disgusting.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Some of y'all seem to be forgetting the dude wasn't even a real hater. He was a money-grubbing opportunist preying on the hate others threw at him and his.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I just went to one of their big chat sites. Some said 'good' and 'he should be picketed' ...

Yes, I was just looking at their various blogs. (God hates St. Patty, too, BTW - and the whole world as well, it seems)
but no mention of Fred's condition...

What is the chat site, by the way?

edit on 3/16/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Miserable people live miserable lives and when they die, they are subjected to all of that which they dished out in life.

The scales of Karma are finely balanced and she does not forget.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I think we all should.And every Gay, Lesbian,and service people's families should also be there to disrupt the services. Let them see what they have put others through.Of course most will say "We are too Christian to do things like that". Yeah and so was Westborough Church.Bunch of up right christians. Whatever.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

but I find any form of cheering for death or 'dancing on the grave' disgusting.

That's exactly what WBC does. And it is disgusting. I wish someone had the chance to ask him some questions/pick his brain right about now...

can you imagine being the hospice worker assigned to him? I'm a little surprised that the family allowed him to be sent to a hospice center at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

FlyersFan
"Father forgive him, for he knew not what he was doing." (paraphrased from Jesus)

ETA .. man that was hard to say. I've gotta' work on my christian attitude ....

edit on 3/16/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

He knew what he was doing,

Him in his group where the antithesis of what Christ taught, and a true example of "a tare in the wheat."

I doubt he read his bible much but he would of been smart to remember

Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.

Or

21 "You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

It is sad that such a small minded hateful man, was able to find a platform in Christianity at all, and in such a way that twist and distorts it into something that reflects Fred Phelps and not Christ.

All I can say, is "Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord" in this case, As I have nothing positive to add to the mans passing.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

You know I don't advocate violence, but two men or women having sex is immoral and goes against both religion AND evolution.

And I have a right to say that.

But violence is wrong too.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What really amuses me is that there are all these people joking and celebrating another human being's imminent demise.

Explain to me the hate and 'righteous justice' you feel toward Mr Phelps?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimatedMatter

Explain to me the hate and 'righteous justice' you feel toward Mr Phelps?

Seriously? Maybe you've never heard of this monster - not a kind bone in his body. Abusive to everyone in his family.

I don't "hate" him, nor do I subscribe to any religion, but this man and his clan have done great harm to innocent people, both emotionally and financially (the financially part is their schtick - the emotionally part is the worse of the two). I just don't care if he's going to die soon...but I do feel bad for the family he spawned and then poisoned.

Especially Nate, whom I have personally heard speak of the atrocities his father engendered in the name of Calvinism-gone-wild.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Phelps was an agent-provocateur for the FBI. His purpose was to test the extent of right and left extremism.

I`m just writing it here so that I can point to this post and brag once it is disclosed.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I say that everyone that this group has ever picketed should show up at his funeral and picket, but make it tasteful, and ultimately thank this family for doing more good than harm. Then to have a drag show and parade in celebration of this mans life. That way it will not only irritate his family but at the same time show them that words can be used to hurt or comfort.

We should thank him, for all of his words of hate and coldness that he and his church has shown, that we know how best not to act toward those who are grieving, for allowing us all to see the lack of compassion that they show and ultimately that we should be willing to take the step and be the bigger people to show that we are not so hateful or lacking such.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

jaynkeel

zilebeliveunknown

Maybe my thought process is twisted, but I find any form of cheering for death or 'dancing on the grave' disgusting.

I understand your point of view but I would hardly say I am dancing on his grave. Perhaps cheering for the acceleration of him leaving this plane of existence, yes guilty as charged. And to me in certain instances I myself feel it is justified, again my point of view differs from yours and many others but I am not the type of person to be all emo in these situations. Also to add I am not caravaning all around the internet spouting these things, just 1 thread and 1 post.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Exactly what I mean.

You have absolutely no personal problem with the guy. Your antipathy towards him is only relevant because you'll get a pat on the back from your family/friends for displaying this attitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join