It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia downs US drone *Breaking*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Putin would probably supe the sucker up and have his boys land it in DC on orders from Obama to give it back .

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Common guys, a little seriousness here, we're not children and it's a serious matter,
Or else .........

edit on 14-3-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I'd display an American facepalm, but this goes beyond idiocy.

Why doesn't the administration just turn on CNN?

There are reporters RIGHT THERE!

Morons.

Our country is being run by morons!

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by samsamm9

Putin would probably supe the sucker up and have his boys land it in DC on orders from Obama to give it back .

Fly it in "cloaked" land it on the white house lawn, uncloak and have a Russian flag pop up, and then play the Russian national anthem through installed speakers in the wings (really loud).

edit on 14-3-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

link   

beezzer

You just cottoned on? I worked that out back in 2001!

link   
As far as I am concerned if a country or state wishes to split by what " we the people want " it is our dam right . land doesn't belong to governments , land does not belong to kings and queens , land does not belong to a corporate society land belongs to everyone who lives in the region state what ever. If these people want to separate back to what was once their homeland that is their freedom and choice . they were once a part of russia , russia could not provide to the far region with power and gases and gave it away .

If the majority of quebec wish to separate from canada that is their right as a people and culture and not the governments rule over the population/s..

I just we can start seeing past all this stuff and living as a global society and not a state society

canada america the world has no right to interfere with their choice

edit on 14/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Cryptonomicon

Maybe the USA wanted them to "capture" this drone. Russia took the bait.

Or maybe the US isn't as technologically godlike as it supposes to be.

We don't know.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

beezzer

I'd display an American facepalm, but this goes beyond idiocy.

Why doesn't the administration just turn on CNN?

There are reporters RIGHT THERE!

Morons.

Yes,

And if we end up in a war with Russia with this leadership.

Maybe we have to bomb Russia to see what's in it.

Maybe it's because we found out we are 400 years old.

Maybe this turns out a big f-ing deal.

My high school student council had more leadership than we are seeing here.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

London (AFP) - The United States and Russia failed Friday to resolve a Cold-War-style standoff sparked by Moscow's military intervention in Crimea, as the clock ticks down to the region's vote on splitting from Ukraine.

US Secretary of State John Kerry flew in early Friday for whirlwind talks with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in London, with few illusions that Sunday's Moscow-backed referendum in the strategic Black Sea peninsula could be averted or delayed.

But US hopes of at least winning assurances from Lavrov that Russian President Vladimir Putin would not move swiftly to annex Crimea and that Russian troops would be pulled back to their barracks were broadly dashed.

Russia had no legal right to ground plane as the vote for annexing Crimea hasn't even happened yet. Ukrainian PM gave US permission to fly over their own land.

Does this change things?

AAC

edit on 14-3-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I fear USA is the new Soviet Union.

All the signs are there. Possibly the collapse too.

Ugh

AAC

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
I fear USA is the new Soviet Union.

All the signs are there. Possibly the collapse too.

There is a rather brilliant book, by Dmitry Orlov, called 'Reinventing Collapse:The Soviet Example and American Prospects' in which he discusses this very idea. Thoroughly recommended.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by JHumm

Hell no we won't get it back.

I bet Russia reverse engineers it in a week and the publishes the tech online. Hahaha.

Kerry will then say, "or else...."

AAC

After the Russians "reverse engineer" it, they'll just figure out that it's easier and cheaper to order a drone online...

www.complex.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
Link

Moscow (AFP) - A United States surveillance drone has been intercepted above the Ukranian region of Crimea, a Russian state arms and technology group said Friday.

"The drone was flying at about 4,000 metres (12,000 feet) and was virtually invisible from the ground. It was possible to break the link with US operators with complex radio-electronic" technology, said Rostec in a statement.

The drone fell "almost intact into the hands of self-defence forces" added Rostec, which said it had manufactured the equipment used to down the aircraft, but did not specify who was operating it.

This is pretty huge.

the Russians have Long had the capability to target DRONES... they only exercised their Prowess..at this time.... to up the stakes about Ukraine & the 'Peace Winner' kommander-in-chief's stupidity on trying to Intimidate Russia/Putin with his idiocy that serves as his strategic thinking/planning.... i hope Putin takes a figurative Dump on this "Oval-Office-Occupant-Obama"
(he ain't no president he is just 'present'')

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I see a lot of bashing our president (administration) over their inability to react effectively to Russia.

My question, what do you suppose he do? What options does he have?

AAC

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
I see a lot of bashing our president (administration) over their inability to react effectively to Russia.

AAC

Shut the hell up and stop making empty ultimatums would be a great start.

If you cant back up your threats stop making them.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Go all in or all out
edit on 14-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Angela Merkel for World leader...

Achtung!!!

Seriously though... our leaders are Morons.. apart from
her.
imho

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Why is Russia so popular on ATS? I don't get it.

You know, Russia isn't that great overall either. Ever wonder why there's so many dashcam videos from Russia? It's because police corruption in Russia is even more rampant than in the US, leading many to decide to take a video when they're driving to have video evidence of what really goes on around them.

And the fact that it's basically illegal to be gay, I mean regardless of what you believe on the specific topic of homosexuality, it seems pretty rude to have really strict laws about it. I have come to find out that a couple of people I went to high school with are gay. That's kind of weird or whatever for me, but I'd find it completely wrong if they were officially persecuted by the government like some kind of criminal!

And about the whole "military might" thing, I think people are being really ridiculous and pro-Russia.
You might say "The US will never provoke open war with Russia, thus the US is weak!", but to me that's like saying that a husband is weak if he chooses not to beat his wife.

I mean seriously, could the US really "lose" against anyone? We basically consider it that the US "loses" if it doesn't complete an invasion. Like the US "lost" the Vietnam war. But it's not like Vietnam took over the US and therefore we lost, lol. It's more like, we failed to successfully occupy Vietnam. Which is very different than losing a war. I imagine that if the US attacked Russia, sure it would be a difficult fight, but excluding ICBM warfare, everything would be fought over there. No one can project force like the US can, and I really doubt that the world combined could militarily invade mainland US.

Sure it's "threatening" that Russia masses troops on the Ukraine border and sets up checkpoints and such. But imagine if the US said, "Alright, we're effing committing to this." And sent like 5 aircraft carriers and brought 250,000 troops or so along with heavy armor and took control of the air from local airbases as well as our navy.... I mean think about it. Russia would back down in an instant, you know it's true.

It's absurd to say that the US is really weak because Russia is being able to send armed forces just barely across their own border. It's not like they're invading Canada.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation

AAC

Absolutely.

I was watching a political debate show last night in the UK and the panel and audience members all pretty much agreed and admitted that there is nothing that can actually be done.
Of course sanctions and asset freezes etc, but Putin will not be bothered by that, he holds the cards as far as Europe goes and he knows that the US will do nothing because they did nothing over Syria.

And even if they DID do something, what something are people suggesting? Bomb Russia? Boots on the ground?

Not gonna happen.

Russia can and will take Crimea, they already have and nobody will do a thing.

If he starts reaching further across Europe, things may change, but right now, nobody will do anything.
Even though we agreed and signed up to protect the Ukraine from exactly this happening, in return for them giving up their Nuclear weapons.

We'll see, maybe this is all nothing... maybe it's the start of WW3.
Maybe Russia are within their rights to do what they're doing... maybe it's an occupation.

The truth will out soon.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackTiger

Not that Russia is popular here, it's more like US leadership is unpopular. lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join