It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS Live! will be retired in two weeks.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Didn't know what forum to post to...

Just ran across this, don't know anything except what it says. What a letdown for all of us who watch it.

spacestationlive.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

First off..... WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Second.... I wonder why this is happening. Is the ISS breaking down? Did the Space agencies finish all their research they were doing out there on the effects of solar radiation on the human body and what not. Maybe they have something new in the works that we are not supposed to know about that is better then the ISS? or could it be linked to all the conflicts around the world?

I can see a thousand and one conspiracies starting up about this soon..

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

They don't want us seeing anymore spaceships. Especially those huge fleets, lol

edit on 13-3-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
oh...the live feed will be retired, not the space station....duh! just had a V-8 moment....in a bad way!!
LOL
edit on 13-3-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

edit on 13-3-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
WTF?
They recently installed two HD cameras wich are directed at Earth and I was looking forward to watch it, and now...
With no official explanation?

edit on 13-3-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is the signal those that are in the know have been waiting for now all the elite and power brokers will suddenly go on "vacation". For those that have been prepping now you will get the chance to see how good your skills are good luck.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

buster2010
This is the signal those that are in the know have been waiting for now all the elite and power brokers will suddenly go on "vacation". For those that have been prepping now you will get the chance to see how good your skills are good luck.

Is that an official prediction?
Guess there is only one way to find out.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Maybe THIS is the replacement

www.urthecast.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I never heard of the show/feed before today. Set my DVR to record some of it.

I'm thinking that it may be more economics than hiding of experiments. Tv channels run on advertisements, which count on people watching. Never having seen the show, just guessing watching the earth from 200 miles up might get a bit... boring after awhile.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

berkeleygal

www.urthecast.com...

Ahhh, beat me to it. Yes, that will deliver very high resolution video and still photos in realtime.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

berkeleygal

www.urthecast.com...

That's much better.
Thank you for the link

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Well that sucks if true.

Talk about not making a big deal of it. I'm going to scout around the web for more info.

Walks off.....

Okay I'm back, found this...

Pew! Pew! Pew! Space Station Laser to Beam HD Video to Earth

The slow process of capturing science data is about to go into serious overdrive with a NASA laser communication experiment set to launch to the International Space Station.

The Optical Payload for Lasercomm Science (OPALS) — which will be sent up to the space station aboard SpaceX's cargo-carrying Dragon capsule Sunday (March 16) — will test a substantial upgrade to the data streaming process by sending information via laser beam rather than radio wave.

"Optical communications has the potential to be a game-changer," mission manager Matt Abrahamson said in a statement

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Maybe there are too many rocks out there and they don't want us seeing them. Or maybe they are preparing for the meteor storm that could happen in May thanks to Comet 209P/LINEAR. There are a lot of close objects with this one flying by on the 9th of March. I know this one is rather small but there have been lots of them usually found after they whiz on by.
A/CC News
2014 EX24 - departed intruder
Approximate diameter 6 meters (H=28.656)
Closest Earth approach 0.68 LD at 1434 UT on 9 March 2014
Inside Earth-Moon system 0944-1923 UT on 9 March 2014
Inside Earth's Hill sphere 8 to 10 March 2014
Inside ten LD of Earth 6 to 12 March 2014
Closest Moon approach 0.64 LD at 1542 UT on 9 March 2014
Inside one LD of Moon 1019-2107 UT on 9 March 2014
Data based on JPL SSD orbit solution #1 downloaded from JPL on 12 March 2014 UTC
based on 33 observations spanning one day
Optical observation
reported from 3 observing codes during 1.0716 days: 291, G96, H01
designation assigned to Mt. Lemmon Survey observation at 0418 UT 11 March 2014
last observed at 0601 UT on 12 March 2014 by the Mt. Lemmon Survey
Links
JPL Small-Body Database
NEODyS Close Approaches

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hey! This UStream NASA channel is in HD

This is where the link at UrthCast took me (the link under where it says Iris Has Landed - says Soon: Watch the SpaceWalk.

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Do you mean all live video from the ISS will be shut down? Even this: www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Two weeks from when? Does anyone know when they put this notice up? Or if there was talk of this earlier? How many people are left on the ISS?

Also, the feed isn't working for me. Is it only one sometimes? There are reasons for my questions.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The link in my OP says

Submit concerns to NASA official Jennifer B. Price for more information.

go there, click on her name and email her your concerns, see what happens...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
About "ISS Live!" spacestationlive.nasa.gov...

Streamed down from the space station, through Mission Control, out to the public, this data, includes select real onboard crew timelines, and is avaliable in interactive 3D web-based displays. Welcome! And check out how the International Space Station, the most complex structure ever built in space, works on a daily basis.

From what I gather, only this web service will be discontinued (perhaps due to financial and time constraints). Live feed from the ISS, as well as other info and videos about ISS Expeditions will continue, I am sure.

Once again, live ISS feed: www.nasa.gov...
edit on 13-3-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If they can retire a battle ship and sell it for $1, then I'm buying it! First dibbs. Anyone want to book into my new hotel

top topics

<<   2 >>

join