It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend and I spent a bit of time on this music/video. Would love to share it with you guys!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So we wrote this song a little over a year ago but never did anything with it. Finally for the past couple months my friend revved up the engine and went full blast with this song enlisting a bunch of different musicians to help him with this and film it. We did a lot of the mixing and editing ourselves and finally it's done! This song means a lot to both of us as it talks about how moving on doesn't necessarily mean forgetting about your past, but learning to confront it and accept it.

Please check it out and share it amongst your friends if you really enjoyed it! Thank you!!!

edit on 13-3-2014 by Ptenjakin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

Gave me goosebumps!! That doesn't happen often to this ole man!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Thank you for the kind words!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Awesome...Kudos...Bravo!!!

I don't find myself drawn to many songs posted by members. You've got a first class winner here.

Thank you for sharing. Now, one of the ATS LIVE Radio stations needs to pick this up...

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

wow!
That was a beautiful song!

s&f for you and I want free concert tickets...lol

edit on 13-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Destiny! It just makes me happy knowing that me sharing my music has given someone a smile or some entertainment. Of course the cherry on top is always extra exposure for a musician such as myself! Your support is definitely appreciated!!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Woah thanks for the video embed?! I totally forgot about the youtube embed. I'm use to just putting in links! I'll make an edit right now! Thanks for the support!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

This is going to hurt but I think the guy should lead with the song and she or you is the backup...also her/you just standing next to the microphone intermittently in the first minute not singing feels kind of weird...pretty song..

It is beautiful but for this song I just felt the guys voice would sound nice...not knocking the women/your ability to sing..
edit on 13-3-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Ptenjakin

Thanks Destiny! It just makes me happy knowing that me sharing my music has given someone a smile or some entertainment. Of course the cherry on top is always extra exposure for a musician such as myself! Your support is definitely appreciated!!

May I have your permission to burn your beautiful song to CD for driving in my car? Do you mind if I *share* your song with friends outside of ATS?

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You can share your song ANYWHERE You want I definitely encourage it!! haha

Though, my friend that is behind the main production of this is putting this on iTunes which will probably be updated soon. People rip music from youtube all the time so I can't stop you

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

With voices like that, it well worth the support!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Hey Chris,

Thank you much for the feedback! A lot of the music video portion was done over the internet so it was a little harder to direct it to how we wanted it.

As for the hurt, it doesn't at all. Being a musician, I need to be able to take criticism without the emotion behind it, something i've learned over the years. I am actually the guy in the video and cowrote the song with the producer. It was my idea to have a female lead as opposed to the male lead for the song.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I'm not going to lie but I feel horrible posting that...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Don't! You gave your honest thoughts about it. Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I like that song. I normally don't like pop music, but I like this song. It's catchy. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

chrismarco

This is going to hurt but I think the guy should lead with the song and she or you is the backup...also her/you just standing next to the microphone intermittently in the first minute not singing feels kind of weird...pretty song..

It is beautiful but for this song I just felt the guys voice would sound nice...not knocking the women/your ability to sing..

I have to agree. Love the voices though, very sexy, but I think maybe you should have started out with the first verse and she could have taken the 2nd verse.

After listening to it again, I think it is because her voice shines more in the second half of the song than it does in the beginning.
edit on 13-3-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Oh Honey, I am so very proud of you! Outstanding! It actually bothers me that you arn't famous yet. You are a very talented and handsome young man that is as deserving as any famous person out there.

My Questions for you are these...Do you have a manager? Do you play out locally or travel and do shows? What you need is a good manager/promoter! Anyone with half a brain can see you have what it takes. Every time I see a thread with your name it, I automatically smile and know I'm in for a treat.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Really cool, heartfelt song. I like the inflections of the female singer -- almost has a Celtic feel. Both of you sing well. If I were producing this song, I would think about fading in a guitar fingerpicking riff that focused on the sevenths right after the second chorus.

Still, as is, it's a beautiful and evocative piece and I thank you for sharing it. Many thanks.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Simply gorgeous and moving!

Cant think of a line two because I'm smiling too hard!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wow, I honestly thought this was a music video by a famous new band! You definitely deserve a lot more attention than you have so far! Like Night Star says, someone with connections to help you to meet the right people! All I can say is, keep promoting yourself, pushing yourself out there. YT sucks for this now, BTW. You might have better luck with sites like Dailymotion or Funny or Die (the latter one sounds odd but they have a good community!) Best of luck!

The song's energy flows so naturally/intuitively and I love that! The female singer was great and the piano was wonderful. This should be a hit song in my opinion. Very well done!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join