It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Swann on Bitcoin (and Aliens?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

haha we were just poking fun with the Alien thing. (can't please everyone)

Thanks for the feedback

-

Josh

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I remember getting into it (BTC) after doing some BOING/Seti processing.
Initially thought I'd have a look for something similar as pc was on most of the time.
Stumbled onto bitcoins.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

Great interview, great job, great presentation, great questions.

Good job bro.

MM

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

Yes of course, I get it.

You and your team seem to be artistic as well, which I appreciate. Don't let the entertainment side over shadow your art.

P.S. Have more of Ben! Lol

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Okay, on every bitcoin thread I ask the same question and I have yet to see a response.

What happens to the future of bitcoin when quantum computers come around?!

I have gone on and on about it in other posts, so Ill save my energy for now.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Attentionwandered
Okay, on every bitcoin thread I ask the same question and I have yet to see a response.

What happens to the future of bitcoin when quantum computers come around?!

I have gone on and on about it in other posts, so Ill save my energy for now.

You sure can't do it with a D-wave. If you had a 'real' quantum computer you can cut the workload in half.

That's not to say that other atypical computation methods wouldn't work much better.

In which case, that mining team would RULE THE WORLD. MWA HA HA HA!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

buster2010

Bedlam
My major concern with Bitcoin is that the Fed will decide they own it, and thenceforth all Bitcoin belong to them, thus pretty much ruining it.

As I've said, I'd LOVE to see it continue pretty much as is for, oh, say a year, maybe 18 months.

If the Fed can't control it they will either steal it or just hire a hacker that will delete it. Who would want money in a form of currency that you lose when the system crashes no electricity or internet bye bye bit coin. At least with gold and silver it is tangible and you can use it everywhere unlike Bitcoin.

Currency is based on the barter system. I give you a coin in exchange for food. In order for currency to work, it must have a strong value to it. The USD is accepted world wide by millions of retailers. Bit coin is not. The concept is brilliant. The security and execution however are not.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Did I miss the part about the Aliens??

This is a sad excuse for over hyped reporting.

I must say my distaste for this style of reporting grows with each show.

And why is this shoved down our throats and glorified as the top story when it clearly is not.

35 flags and 7 or 8 stars makes not the TOP story. Clearly favoritism and cross media propagation are at work here.

Im not saying its a conspiracy but we are on a conspiracy site.

anyway carry on...Im sure this is riveting video.....

And where the hell are the Aliens???
edit on 14-3-2014 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

China uses Cryto-coins. Its China you need to watch. If they like "X" coin, invest in it. There are a billion people there all screaming to become rich.

many people on here are clearly not up to speed on the security of these coins and exchanges now after the whole Mt Gox issue. These currencies are paving the way ahead. You can use many of them on Amazon etc with other retailers planning on adopting them.

Thats not to mention the ATM machines that are spreading world wide.

I have no idea why you all aren't jumping on this now before it goes through the roof!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Totally agree with this point of view. This is one fundamental reason why i started investing in them. Paper/metal money will be a thing of the past in the next couple of decades. Just wait for the reasons to come out of the woodwork.

TPTB are involved in crypto-coins because the markets are extremely volatile. You can lose a lot or make a lot. One thing is for sure though, they will continue to grow!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

False. Go do some research!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

RedParrotHead
Also don't forget there are other virtual money options!

Alternative Cryptocurrencies

Please don;t use this wiki link to get an accurate view of alt coins. Wiki is created by the people, not by the statistics.

Try this link instead!

Market Capatalisation Comparisons

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Emerys

buster2010

Bedlam
My major concern with Bitcoin is that the Fed will decide they own it, and thenceforth all Bitcoin belong to them, thus pretty much ruining it.

As I've said, I'd LOVE to see it continue pretty much as is for, oh, say a year, maybe 18 months.

If the Fed can't control it they will either steal it or just hire a hacker that will delete it. Who would want money in a form of currency that you lose when the system crashes no electricity or internet bye bye bit coin. At least with gold and silver it is tangible and you can use it everywhere unlike Bitcoin.

Currency is based on the barter system. I give you a coin in exchange for food. In order for currency to work, it must have a strong value to it. The USD is accepted world wide by millions of retailers. Bit coin is not. The concept is brilliant. The security and execution however are not.

I agree and my response here is that its an emerging market that has already exploded onto the "screen". Once upon a time the USD was not accepted world wide. It was driven that way. e-currencies, as the become available for use in everyday life will also become accepted worldwide. If you are a member of any of the coins communities, you will see the work going on behind the scenes to get to this stage...and trust me, its not that far away.

Give it a few years and you will see all the major companies having the option to accept e-coins as payment!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
HA! very funny!
they Take Out Bit coin.
then tell us that they have a new safe bit coin?
they dont even give the dust time to settle.
how stupid do they thing we are?

oh! very very Stupid. and so right...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Bitcoin is NOT a long term investment LOLOLOL! I made five figures PROFIT in buying them the moment Silk Road went down and re-selling them when it opened a month later. Hell, if you have 10 BTC's, sell on Friday for $670ish and buy back on Sunday night when they have dropped $50 and you'll make $500/week doing jack. I've been doing this for weeks now.

The market for BTC always drops on Friday because BTC is closed to many of the bigger overseas markets. It jumps again on Monday when US markets open and people log on to Silk Road to buy their drugs.

If you're going to speak about something like you're knowledgeable in it, be knowledgeable in it first.

Bitcoin isn't ever going anywhere and besides LiteCoin...its the ONLY reliable crypto-currency.

This thread has no business even being started by the OP because it's patently obvious to me that the OP has no idea about crypto-currency or online economics in general....much like almost all of the member don't here. Yeah...BTC is for the aliens. How utterly asinine.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Something just doesn't rub me right with Ben Swan. He seems a bit too... opportunistic. Almost like he's using these issues to make a name for himself. Maybe he's controlled opposition? I don't know, look where he came from. He just doesn't seem genuine to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I dont understand how this could be a valid form of currency....

Anyone who doesn't use bitcoins would just be broke, confused, and starve to death?

Requires internet access to use?

HIGHLY susceptible to hacking?

I dont get it..... Sounds hopeless and pointless.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iammrhappy86

I'd much rather have paper money backed by silver or gold... like before we used monopoly money.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Miniscuzz

Miniscuzz
The market for BTC always drops on Friday because BTC is closed to many of the bigger overseas markets. It jumps again on Monday when US markets open and people log on to Silk Road to buy their drugs.

Nice theory, but the strategy looks pretty neutral over 3 months of trades. Though I am not sure why you think, "BTC is closed to many of the bigger overseas markets." BTC is traded 24/7 even in the far eastern markets (check Huobi, BTCChina, et cetera, et cetera).

www.tradingview.com...

edit on 2014-3-15 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

iammrhappy86
I dont understand how this could be a valid form of currency....

Anyone who doesn't use bitcoins would just be broke, confused, and starve to death?

Requires internet access to use?

HIGHLY susceptible to hacking?

I dont get it..... Sounds hopeless and pointless.

So just because you dont understand crypto currencies means that its hopeless and pointless? You sir are an ignorant #.

You seem to think that Bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies "HIGHLY susceptible to hacking"....

I'm sorry, but did you forget about the most recent #ing hack with Target? 40+million credit card data stolen....Did you forget about the ability that the NSA has with the ability to break SSL encryptions?!

Your bank is connected to the internet to allow YOU to use a plastic card for purchases. Your bank uses SSL to encrypt your bank transactions. SSL is not secured by any means. IF NSA can do it, large hacking groups can.

Yes cryptocurrencies need the internet, BUT you do not need the internet to store your coins. You can store coins on a paper wallet, or a USB stick. cryptocurrency ATM's are coming to major cities and when rolled out world wide - no one will be required to have internet to use it. There will be no difference between coins in a paper wallet or fiat currency stored in cash.

Just because you know NOTHING about this sort of thing does not make it "pointless". You obviously fail to realize that our world evolves and changes with each advancement that makes it to masses of people. Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are the movement of our future.

Again, you sir, are an IGNORANT #! You should not bitch about something you DO NOT #ING UNDERSTAND.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions you had about it, however when you make assumptions about something that you have no #ing clue about, and obviously HAVE NOT SPENT A #ING SINGLE MINUTE RESEARCHING, it makes it hard for people like me to explain and educate others such as you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join