It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Swann on Bitcoin (and Aliens?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Reply to: Notheycant

Bitcoin is a pilot project by TPTB. Once they get people hooked on the idea they no longer need real printed currency, well guess what? You won't get any more. Electronic currency is way cheaper for them to produce - nothing. Way easier to track. And way easier to take what they believe is theirs. Oh it disappears way easier too.

I own no Bitcoin. I'd rather have Green Stamps to get my new coffeemaker. At least those were real and were secure in a book you, yourself kept. But almost all of you weren't even born when they were last used for something like that

edit on 56636Thursdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-13-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

We're moving towards a cashless society, get on board the technological revolution!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
After reading this thread I have decided to invest in bitcoin, and possibly other coins. I strongly feel that there will be a lot more buying going on this year than selling. I also read a great in-depth article about bitcoin here: dealbook.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Nicely done Josh. I like Ben Swann too, he's a real journalist for the people in my opinion. WRT to the topic, you guys pretty much hit all the bases, the power structure of the West has to hate Bitcoin, they can't get their slice of cheese off the top, the power structure(s) of the East (Russia and China mainly) may like it right now because it's a threat to the Dollar and the Euro, admittedly a very, very, small threat but a threat they can't do anything about without showing their asses to the world. But, if Crypto Currencies take off in meaningful way you will see every established government entity try to crush it.

I see it as a possible catalyst to many world changing things (and not all of them necessarily good), again, if it ever takes off in a big way. Imagine the World Bank being an irrelevant institution. Imagine a world where financial sanctions from the UN against rogue countries are absolutely meaningless (some would argue they are now but that's just not true). Imagine a world where nobody has control over the currency and no government can manipulate it.

I assure you there are several if not dozens of really smart people in little rooms all over the world, being paid by every major government, to work out strategies against Crypto Currency. Hopefully some of them have been tasked with how to take advantage of it but I doubt it since there is no way to get that slice off the top just because you have an army.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

buster2010

Bedlam
My major concern with Bitcoin is that the Fed will decide they own it, and thenceforth all Bitcoin belong to them, thus pretty much ruining it.

As I've said, I'd LOVE to see it continue pretty much as is for, oh, say a year, maybe 18 months.

If the Fed can't control it they will either steal it or just hire a hacker that will delete it. Who would want money in a form of currency that you lose when the system crashes no electricity or internet bye bye bit coin. At least with gold and silver it is tangible and you can use it everywhere unlike Bitcoin.

Not true , you can now print your Bitcoin to physical paper so its not lost if the electricity goes.

You can also put it onto storage like USB drives.

At least with gold and silver it is tangible and you can use it everywhere unlike Bitcoin.

You cant use gold and silver everywhere as payment.
edit on 13-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

yeah ...not really feeling it

one good emp or virus
& we're all broke

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Also don't forget there are other virtual money options!

Alternative Cryptocurrencies

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

andr3w68
reply to post by jrmcleod

I think your post may have single-handedly made me want to build a mining rig. Alas, that would mean I would have to toss aside my deep seeded hatred for AMD. The benifits outway the hatred though.

www.imtotallygoingtogobuildaminingrignow.com *

*The above web address is not to my knowledge real. I am in no way associated with it, however, if my knowledge is wrong.

AMD is not your option now, with the difficulty index and the cost of electricity, there is no serious Bitcoin mining anymore using GPU's. That boat has long left the dock.

You have to go ASIC, and the price is rather hefty to get a rig that can be profitable in the short term.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
very good video.. some of the things in the video I have had on my mind about Bitcoins so far.

also like Josh & Benn Swan..

But now I am thinking about something new. TPTB agenda... NWO...

#1 Bitcoins is our Way too beat the NWO..

or

#2 NWO is behind the Bitcoins and like He asked in the Video. is there way to get a One World Currency......

but about the Video.. we all here know and I hope most people know that the $$$ is worthless. as in the Fed says it is good fore the $$$..

So what is the big problem with Bitcoins other then its also are worthless.

by Worthless I mean by not being backed up by a lets say Gold or Silver..

my country still has its own currency, and my People has been so smart to vote NO to the EU currency ( SO FAR )..
but I think my Government is under the TPTB´s Power.

they are trying so hard to get us more into the EU.. and are trying to get rid of our old currency and go over to the NEW EU currency.

hmmm. Maybe I did miss it but : What was it about the Aliens ?

edit on 13-3-2014 by kadara_dk because: What was it about the Aliens ?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kadara_dk

Thank you!

No no aliens in this video, we just wanted to tug at ATS's heartstrings haha. We love Aliens so much we're willing to put it in our title of a video that has nothing to do with them.

-

Josh

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I loved the original NES Airwolf music in the background. That was a cool touch.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the interview Josh

I've only recently heard of Bitcoin. I don't really understand it.
So far it sounds risky to me. I could be wrong.

Yes I do fear this could be the beginnings of the one world currency, cashless society. Storing your money in digital form is most definitely recorded. I don't see it as a non-invasive by the govt. If it isn't already, it will be. Uncle Sam isn't gonna let people earn an income from this without being taxed.

edit on 13-3-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Japan won't consider it a currency, but it's taxable

Japan has just decided that Bitcoin is not a currency, which subjects it to sales and income taxes. This is consistent with the view of the Canadian Revenue Service, which has found Bitcoin to be property and not a legal currency, and the United Kingdom, which leaning towards treating Bitcoin as a voucher and subject to VAT.

Bitcoin is not a currency any more than gold bars or collectable baseball cards are. Or as tax maven Lee Sheppard puts it in a recent article in TaxNotes, Busting the Bitcoin Myths: “If Bitcoin is a currency, any tradable store of value would be a currency.”

Source

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Notheycant
reply to post by kadara_dk

Thank you!

No no aliens in this video, we just wanted to tug at ATS's heartstrings haha. We love Aliens so much we're willing to put it in our title of a video that has nothing to do with them.

Josh

But I was waiting for the aliens!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

RedParrotHead
Also don't forget there are other virtual money options!

Alternative Cryptocurrencies

Thats just a small list, try this one out for size lol

Market Capitalization

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Bilk22
Reply to: Notheycant

Bitcoin is a pilot project by TPTB. Once they get people hooked on the idea they no longer need real printed currency, well guess what? You won't get any more. Electronic currency is way cheaper for them to produce - nothing. Way easier to track. And way easier to take what they believe is theirs. Oh it disappears way easier too.

I own no Bitcoin. I'd rather have Green Stamps to get my new coffeemaker. At least those were real and were secure in a book you, yourself kept. But almost all of you weren't even born when they were last used for something like that

edit on 56636Thursdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-13-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

You know that could quite possibly be true... Imagine the possibility that the US Gov't creates this crypto coin to get us all used to it, then they hoard it by whatever means possible under a shell account and then they somehow drive the value of the coin up to astronomical amounts and repurchase it all back from themselves with gold that doesn't exist and bring it forth as a new currency. Where did all that gold go...? It won't matter if they claim to have sold it off....

I have some coins myself as a hobby investment venture and I am just waiting in case the value does get insanely high someday while I cash in a couple a month to pay down bills.

Ponzi scheme or not, I have already made my ROI a few times over and if the plug gets pulled tomorrow, I will still be way ahead of where I started.

edit on 13-3-2014 by evc1shop because: bad cut/paste

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

My major concern with Bitcoin is that the Fed will decide they own it, and thenceforth all Bitcoin belong to them, thus pretty much ruining it.

And can you explain exactly how they would achieve that without forcefully confiscating your private keys?

reply to post by buster2010

If the Fed can't control it they will either steal it or just hire a hacker that will delete it. Who would want money in a form of currency that you lose when the system crashes no electricity or internet bye bye bit coin. At least with gold and silver it is tangible and you can use it everywhere unlike Bitcoin.

Protecting your Bitcoin wallet from hackers and thieves is easily achieved by encrypting it. Protecting it from loss and corruption is easily achieved by making multiple copies of it on different devices.
edit on 13/3/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Well banks got everyone hooked on ATM/debit cards. It was originally a free service at any banking institution. Now you pay to get your own money. Go to a grocery store. How many people pay with cash now? When I do, I sometimes get a strange look like "hey that's real money".

There's no doubt it will go that route one day. I guess they haven't figured out all the kinks yet - the ways in which the banks can't be ripped off. They really don't care about us. I also think they're concerned about each other. They know what the possibilities are

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Bitcoin explained

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

As a young man (28 years old) I appreciate your interview. You interviewed someone who was intelligent and pays attention to facts.

My only critique would be that the visuals were a bit too much for me. I like to get a feel for the soul of the people I listen to.

Just my opinion. Keep up the good work sir.

As an added note the aliens thing might be disrespectful to some.

edit on 13-3-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join