It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This USA v UK bickering has to stop.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

My apologies Sir...

I did not see what everyone got upset over.

My mistake.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

He was that bad he said he would have preferred Germany to have taken over us than have gotten help from you guys in ww2.
We all went mental lol.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

boymonkey74

He was that bad he said he would have preferred Germany to have taken over us than have gotten help from you guys in ww2.
We all went mental lol.

Ok,

That could hit a little to close to home for some.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Nothing to apologise for.

Think BM has filled in a few of the gaps.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Sublimecraft
reply to post by boymonkey74

It should be fairly obvious, especially to the ATS membership, that the focus needs to not be on country v's country but Bankster backed Governments v's their citizens.

Never in the history of the world has this become more urgent and the propaganda machine is working overtime to ensure we collectively focus on our differences rather than our similarities.

Jobs, food, homes, money, love for your fellow brothers and sisters - the basic necessities to survive in 2014 are becoming harder and harder to attain.

We, globally, need to wake up and unite to fight against what is going on regarding our basic liberties as human beings.

I have said the same thing on many different occasions. There are those out there who want to keep us distracted, fighting amongst ourselves. Takes away focus from we really need to be looking at.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'm fairly sure with a mouth and attitude that the poster has and being fairly new, he will not be here long.
Most people called him on his crap and his comments were truly awful.
There's no place for that at ATS

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Wow, I was born there. Air Force brat born abroad.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Divide & Conquor it's worked since the dawn of time. Keep us divided, easier to keep the flock of sheeple on the same page. If we were all under attack from another race of beings from another world. None of us would give a fat rats arse where the other came from, as long as your human, and the last time I looked...we are all human. Except maybe for Piers Morgan & Nancy Grace.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The American people have been fed a subtle divide and rule tactic since 1776 the founding fathers wanted independence for tax relief reasons and they were prepared to sacrifice as many of the lower classes as needed to secure their wealth. Lets not forget the founding fathers were a bunch of wealthy Englishmen and they did what wealthy Englishmen always do they used propaganda to meet their own requirements and that propaganda still lingers today.

The average Brit and American are no different but they are both subject to the lies of their ruling rich and powerful elitists it’s the same in any country what we need is more open eyes and less sheep.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Many may not know, but there was a school of thought after the war of 1812 that the US need to be "made" as different from the UK as possible, so that the US would be harder for the UK to take over.

Daniel Webster was an American educator who did what he could, by changing "English" spellings" so that American would always be different.

When composing he first national textbooks, he purposefully changed all words with "o-u-r" in the second syllable to "o-r". Hence the uniquely American spellings of neighbor, color, harbor, etc.

He also messed with the s's and z's (calling the latter "zee" in English, which it had not been before) and re-spelling advertisements etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
As an American, I have no problems with British people... aside from maybe sending that schmuck Piers Morgan over here. I have issues with the UK Government and that old hag that Brits worship as God among men. It seems to me that if the US and UK are such great allies, we should be able to live amongst each other? Good luck moving from the UK to America or vise-versa without having a masters degree or $1,000,000,000 in the bank. See but we're not really allies here, we simply tolerate each other.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by simsumre

As an American, I have no problems with British people...

Thanks, that's awfully gracious of you.....

...... aside from maybe sending that schmuck Piers Morgan over here.

Yes, we definitely got the better side of the deal, and I'm afraid possession is 9/10th's of law so, he's there now and you get to keep him.
And to be fair, we can't really take the credit for that - he was offered a job by an American news station.

I have issues with the UK Government....

So do most of us over here.

....... and that old hag that Brits worship as God among men.

Now why should that bother you in any way?
She has absolutely no bearing on you, your life or that of any of your countrymen and women.
So why the obsession?
And where do you get the ridiculous notion that 'Brits worship her as God among men'? Nothing could be further from the truth.

It seems to me that if the US and UK are such great allies, we should be able to live amongst each other?

Well we do don't we?
Plenty of Americans living here in the UK and I don't think they have any specific problems.
And there's lots of Brits living and working in the USA, the vast majority of them have no issues at all as far as I'm aware.

So what's the point you were trying to make?
edit on 16/3/14 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by robobbob

Also to add about WW2, Churchill told Roosevelt If we lost the German's would get it's hands on our Navy which was the bigest in the world at that time and frankly If Hitler had all of Europe and our navy the USA would be next.
So please lets blame the real bad guys eh? the Nazis.

Well, to add to that (and I'm a Brit who has a lot of respect and friendship with many colleagues not only in America but all over the world), Joe Kennedy was the US Ambassador in Britain at the start of WW2 and advised the president not to support the UK as he expected the Swastika flag to be hanging over Downing Street soon. I can understand the concerns that must have been held (plus of course the opportunities of commerce), but imagine if Wikileaks had been around then - I wonder if the special relationship would have managed to be retained......

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Freeborn

As an American, I have no problems with British people...

Thanks, that's awfully gracious of you.....

...... aside from maybe sending that schmuck Piers Morgan over here.

Yes, we definitely got the better side of the deal, and I'm afraid possession is 9/10th's of law so, he's there now and you get to keep him.
And to be fair, we can't really take the credit for that - he was offered a job by an American news station.

I have issues with the UK Government....

So do most of us over here.

....... and that old hag that Brits worship as God among men.

Now why should that bother you in any way?
She has absolutely no bearing on you, your life or that of any of your countrymen and women.
So why the obsession?
And where do you get the ridiculous notion that 'Brits worship her as God among men'? Nothing could be further from the truth.

It seems to me that if the US and UK are such great allies, we should be able to live amongst each other?

Well we do don't we?
Plenty of Americans living here in the UK and I don't think they have any specific problems.
And there's lots of Brits living and working in the USA, the vast majority of them have no issues at all as far as I'm aware.

So what's the point you were trying to make?
edit on 16/3/14 by Freeborn because: typo

Immigration, basically. I see it as a problem that UK and US citizens can't move freely between the nations. I have no idea why, but both US and UK citizens should have less restrictions placed on them when attempting to immigrate, especially since we're allies.

I get what you're saying, but the royal wedding and all that being shoved down our throats here in America left a sour taste in my mouth. Nothing more.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Immigration, basically. I see it as a problem that UK and US citizens can't move freely between the nations.

Immigration.
A complicated and sensitive subject....and the source of much confusion, hypocrisy, ignorance and hatred.
And one best left alone at present - a guaranteed certainty to turn this thread into an ill informed bitch fest.

I get what you're saying, but the royal wedding and all that being shoved down our throats here in America left a sour taste in my mouth. Nothing more.

Imagine what it was like for us over here!
But it was a great excuse for a day on the lash, any excuse for a shindig and knee's up.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Guilty. As. Charged. Well, as far as the Brits go! In the BTS

And I will not stop having my internal monologue of bickering with the UK...

You guys have the most formal, unique, discipline form of football with the BPL...the LFC is having an awesome season, and it takes an American, no doubt, to have to post on the Liverpool thread....WT??? I say!

& Where are the Chelsea fans on here!

Over in the USA, we have to deal with the lame MLS...

Plus I'm really jealous of you guys because you have on-line betting & we don't, & I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to play fantasy league on-line over here for fun but can't because I don't have a UK mailing address...

In addition, this state that I live in....Virginia...still refers to itself as the "Commonwealth"? Why, oh, why? I must blame it on the UK, what's the conspiracy with that though?...

Finally I started a thread here in the bum of ATS for all Americans to express their views & culture...just like those from the UK...& who do you think jumped in & derailed it from the word "go"? According to their profile...yes, you have it right...the UK...but never mind that, ha,ha...

An American MD/PhD once told me the reason that so many in the USA are mentally ill...really, when you think about it who would cross the great pond in the 1600s, 1700s, etc. on make-shift ships...if they were in their right minds! LOL...guess that includes me as well as all roots are mostly traced to now UK/Germanic places...other than some of my more practical, native blood...

So, if we aggravate you, now you have an understand WHY...we're cray cray...lol...but...

No cause for bicker?!

Tell me why, lol....

edit on 18-3-2014 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just gonna say I have nopticed a few threads becoming US v UK again.....
Different cultures man respect the other eh?.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I am having nightmares from that leg picture.

J/K....I thought we ended that BS...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I have seen it creep back my chum

Also Oi I have wonderful legs

<< 2  3  4   >>

join